You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Boston University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
After all these posts, I am just waiting patiently for the axe (complete 9/15)
I just checked out your MDapps and you have a great app 🙂 I hope you get some love whether here or other places!
I just checked out your MDapps and you have a great app 🙂 I hope you get some love whether here or other places!
Well thank you, that is very kind. I wish you luck this cycle as well 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats 🙂 When did you complete?
End of July actually!
6
666670
HI Guys!
II late sept/early Oct
Complete early July
Lizzy M ~75
I am withdrawing my application and canceling my interview (accepted elsewhere). Best of luck to everyone and may the force be with you!
II late sept/early Oct
Complete early July
Lizzy M ~75
I am withdrawing my application and canceling my interview (accepted elsewhere). Best of luck to everyone and may the force be with you!
I'm in the same boat as you lol how were you gonna go about canceling? I find it so awkward lolHI Guys!
II late sept/early Oct
Complete early July
Lizzy M ~75
I am withdrawing my application and canceling my interview (accepted elsewhere). Best of luck to everyone and may the force be with you!
6
666670
It should be on the web portal...if nothing else I'll call their office. The staff was rude to me anyway and was unwilling/unable to help me a schedule a interview that would be doable. So I give no f**ks what they think.
.
Last edited:
Just logged into portal and found out I was rejected on 10/20. Never got the email in my inbox though (I checked my spam and trash as well).
Oh well, at least I figured it out now rather than in January. Complete 9/10
*furiously scrambles to check portal*
One open-file interview for ~1 hrDoes anyone know what the interview format for BU med is? I can't seem to find this info in the emails or on the portal
Complete August 6. I'll take the fact that I haven't been rejected yet as a positive yo. Fingers crossed!
II! Complete 8/7, thought this app was a lost cause 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yayyy II
II! Complete 8/7, thought this app was a lost cause 🙂
Complete August 6. I'll take the fact that I haven't been rejected yet as a positive yo. Fingers crossed!
Complete 8/16. You guys give me hope.
Rejected. Complete 9/25
E
edward90
.
Last edited by a moderator:
Also complete 8/7let me holla real quick (sorry, not sorry for being corny): when were you complete if you don't mind?
Are these interviews open or closed file?
Edit: Nvm I just saw another post that said it's open file.
Edit: Nvm I just saw another post that said it's open file.
I feel bad posting this after reading about all the rejections, and my heart goes out to all the people who did receive such a letter. A rejection is always a blow to one's pride, but it's far worse when it comes from a school you really wanted to go to. I was fortunate enough to receive an II, and my interview is tomorrow. It is my very first med school interview, and at one of my top choice schools. I don't really know what to expect and feel unprepared. To be honest, I'm scared. Does anyone have any advice as to last minute preparations (or things I can do to at least make myself feel prepared)?
I feel bad posting this after reading about all the rejections, and my heart goes out to all the people who did receive such a letter. A rejection is always a blow to one's pride, but it's far worse when it comes from a school you really wanted to go to. I was fortunate enough to receive an II, and my interview is tomorrow. It is my very first med school interview, and at one of my top choice schools. I don't really know what to expect and feel unprepared. To be honest, I'm scared. Does anyone have any advice as to last minute preparations (or things I can do to at least make myself feel prepared)?
My interview here was very low stress and conversational. I really loved the school and BU did a great job planning their day, having passionate speakers, and great faculty interviewers. At the beginning of the day you get a folder that has a sheet with your interviewers name and a short bio. As for prep, just know your story, know why you want to be a doctor, why BU, why you are a good fit, and be able to talk about your experiences. I had no trick questions and it was an enjoyable experience. This was my first interview so I was really really nervous beforehand, but looking back I really regret that because it was a really great experience and day overall. Also, because the interview is earlier in the morning, you can really just enjoy that day after you complete it. Hope that helps, good luck!
Thank you for the advice! My interview is actually later in the afternoon (I think they have to space them out throughout the day to fit everyone in), but it's good to know they are not likely to throw in trick questions. Plus I am hoping to learn even more about the school from the interview day itself.My interview here was very low stress and conversational. I really loved the school and BU did a great job planning their day, having passionate speakers, and great faculty interviewers. At the beginning of the day you get a folder that has a sheet with your interviewers name and a short bio. As for prep, just know your story, know why you want to be a doctor, why BU, why you are a good fit, and be able to talk about your experiences. I had no trick questions and it was an enjoyable experience. This was my first interview so I was really really nervous beforehand, but looking back I really regret that because it was a really great experience and day overall. Also, because the interview is earlier in the morning, you can really just enjoy that day after you complete it. Hope that helps, good luck!
Good luck to you!
Reeejjjeecctt!
Hurt a little but c'est la vie!
Complete 09/09.
...
and their letter didn't make me feel any better either.
GL to everyone still in the running!
Hurt a little but c'est la vie!
Complete 09/09.
...
and their letter didn't make me feel any better either.

GL to everyone still in the running!
Reeejjjeecctt!
Hurt a little but c'est la vie!
Complete 09/09.
...
and their letter didn't make me feel any better either.
GL to everyone still in the running!
+1. 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you guys hear back via e-mail or the portal? Bracing myself...
Glad it wasn't a silent rejection (not that any form of rejection is nice).
Remember, Romz and ssgps, it's BU's loss! Keep the faith and surely another school will come through.
II today, complete early August
Also, where did people stay during their interviews? First time in Boston (also I can't seem to find the school's list of places)!
Rejected last week. Completed 8/20, Lizzy M 73
9/18 :/Oh no...feeling a rejection coming on as well..when were you complete?
E
edward90
.
Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know what percentage of OOS applicants are accepted post-interview?
II this morning!!
Congrats!!! Complete date?II this morning!!
Congrats!!! Complete date?
I was complete July 26 and my new MCAT score came in on August 18 🙂
Also, where did people stay during their interviews? First time in Boston (also I can't seem to find the school's list of places)!
Hey, so I found that Hampton and Doubletree give discounts if you tell them you're coming for a BU interview. I also checked Sheraton and Westin, but no discounts available for my date. Hampton is about 120/night, but there are noise complaints being so close to the hospital. Doubletree is about 200/night and in a good neighborhood.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, so I found that Hampton and Doubletree give discounts if you tell them you're coming for a BU interview. I also checked Sheraton and Westin, but no discounts available for my date. Hampton is about 120/night, but there are noise complaints being so close to the hospital. Doubletree is about 200/night and in a good neighborhood.
As a note, stay in the MSR if you really want to hear all the ambulances rushing towards BMC.
As a note, stay in the MSR if you really want to hear all the ambulances rushing towards BMC.
at least it's free? 🙂 Also, some student hosts live farther from campus if you want a free night + quiet
+1rejected
Oh no, don't tell me there is another blood bath happening again 
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K