You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Boston University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Deferred until March. Well this is certainly a surprise. I thought the interview went fairly well.
Same, But I already got into my top choice anyway! Good luck to everyone!Flat out rejection! By far my worst interview, so can't say I wasn't expecting it. Best of luck to everyone deferred!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Deferred...but I'm feeling pretty okay about it, since I was sort of expecting a rejection (dozed off during financial aid talk...but in my defense I was super jet-lagged and staying with my ex-roomie the night before was probably not the smartest idea...)
Accepted!!
I woke up at like 3 am for this interview, shuffled back and fourth in the lobby of the building I was staying in and outside of BU until about 6 am when a 7-11 opened up and I slammed a monster. Went to the interview feeling like a crackhead with no sleep for a few days, where I met the interviewer from hell. Not so much hellish as inexperienced, but he had a thick packet composed of my AMCAS primary with small details highlighted on every single page. I was asked about every single class I had ever taken, my MCAT, my grades, what I would do for the homeless and the heroin epidemic around BU, along with interspersed, stuttered anecdotes about his family in a thick Indian accent. The interview was supposed to be 45 minutes, but we stressfully chugged along for an hour and a half before he realized he had run me way over time.
Definitely didn't expect to be accepted today! Fortunately for you waiting, I've already given up my spot.
Definitely didn't expect to be accepted today! Fortunately for you waiting, I've already given up my spot.
Congrats to everyone accepted! I'm incredibly sorry if this comes across as bragging but I just found out I was awarded a Dean's Scholarship...does anyone know if these are renewable each year or is it just guaranteed for the first year?
Congrats to everyone accepted! I'm incredibly sorry if this comes across as bragging but I just found out I was awarded a Dean's Scholarship...does anyone know if these are renewable each year or is it just guaranteed for the first year?
Was this in your acceptance email?
Nope...it shows up on the portal as a notification under the Financial Aid tab so be sure to check!Was this in your acceptance email?
Oh thanks I'll check hahahahaNope...it shows up on the portal as a notification under the Financial Aid tab so be sure to check!
Congrats to everyone accepted! I'm incredibly sorry if this comes across as bragging but I just found out I was awarded a Dean's Scholarship...does anyone know if these are renewable each year or is it just guaranteed for the first year?
Lmao I was awarded one too, but didn't even check before I dropped my acceptance. Wouldn't have taken it anyway, but have fun whoever gets it!
Lmao I was awarded one too, but didn't even check before I dropped my acceptance. Wouldn't have taken it anyway, but have fun whoever gets it!
+1 to this question
Congrats to everyone accepted! I'm incredibly sorry if this comes across as bragging but I just found out I was awarded a Dean's Scholarship...does anyone know if these are renewable each year or is it just guaranteed for the first year?
Renewable all 4 years!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Love that the title of the acceptance email was "Status Update."
Congratulations!!!
Dr. Berenbaum is so awesome.
I know! I really enjoyed interviewing with him! [emoji5]️
Good luck everyone!!
Thank you! Just got the email explaining more about itRenewable all 4 years!
Deferred :/ It's not terrible news, but I feel like my chances of getting in are much slimmer now...
I confirmed that I still want to remain under consideration, but I don't really have much to update them on since nothing has really changed since I interviewed. Should I send them anything? I thought I remembered Dr. Witzburg asking us not to send them letters even if BU is our number one choice, but at the same time I really want them to know how badly I want to go to this school.
I confirmed that I still want to remain under consideration, but I don't really have much to update them on since nothing has really changed since I interviewed. Should I send them anything? I thought I remembered Dr. Witzburg asking us not to send them letters even if BU is our number one choice, but at the same time I really want them to know how badly I want to go to this school.
Deferred :/ It's not terrible news, but I feel like my chances of getting in are much slimmer now...
I confirmed that I still want to remain under consideration, but I don't really have much to update them on since nothing has really changed since I interviewed. Should I send them anything? I thought I remembered Dr. Witzburg asking us not to send them letters even if BU is our number one choice, but at the same time I really want them to know how badly I want to go to this school.
I was also deferred and I feel the same way, like I have to be proactive and do something but I don't have anything significant to update them with either. Very bummed...since I'm kind of obsessed with BU.
II just now! Completed early September. Yipeeeee!
Thank you!!I thought it was pretty relaxed, but then again my interviewer was very chill. We had a great conversation and BU was one of my favorite interviews so far
Thank you!My interviewer was very very nice. I was a little nervous, but he definitely made the interview very relaxed.
Has anyone had any difficulties finding Boston U's medical school when trying to add it to FAFSA? I tried using the search function searching in Massachusetts and in Boston, but the only thing that shows up is Boston University.
Edit: I guess some schools you just add the undergrad university when there is no specific code for the medical school.
Edit: I guess some schools you just add the undergrad university when there is no specific code for the medical school.
Last edited:
yep! BUSM is under BU for fin aid.Has anyone had any difficulties finding Boston U's medical school when trying to add it to FAFSA? I tried using the search function searching in Massachusetts and in Boston, but the only thing that shows up is Boston University.
Edit: I guess some schools you just add the undergrad university when there is no specific code for the medical school.
According to USNWR they interviewed 1,069 last year, accepted 426, and 166 matriculated. These numbers include MD/PhD and students from the early assurance program so for the regular admission MD kids it will be less accepted (Dr Witzburg said ~100 seats are filled by applicants like us each year, it also says this on the portal)Anyone know what their interview to acceptance rate is? My MSAR subscription ran out
.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still awaiting a II decision, completed 8/17... nervous that others are getting IIs with a completion after mine. Anyone with me?
Officially withdrew my application, interview date set for next Monday 2/1. It was a hard decision, but hope it goes to someone else who's been waiting 🙂
Officially withdrew my application, interview date set for next Monday 2/1. It was a hard decision, but hope it goes to someone else who's been waiting 🙂
2/1 is last interview day just an fyi for everyone else. At this point...I'm fairly sure I'm the last interview invite for BU for this season...😵
Interviewing on 2/1...
Thanks for giving the opportunity to someone else!
Hey everyone, graduating BU MAMS student here. I'll be moving back to FL at the end of May and would be subletting my apartment for June-August (lease can be renewed by new tenant for the next academic year). It's a 2 bedroom apartment (current roomate is another MAMS student) in a gated community, 2 minutes walk away from BUMC, building laundry facilities, centrally located on a main street with lots of cafes and restaurants nearby, all buses to downtown/chinatown/Tufts can be caught right outside of the gates. PM for more info!
Hahah and then theres me, who just received my invite for 2/1 lol. 2 days notice eeeeek. Good luck to everyone!2/1 is last interview day just an fyi for everyone else. At this point...I'm fairly sure I'm the last interview invite for BU for this season...😵
Interviewing on 2/1...
Thanks for giving the opportunity to someone else!
I still haven't been rejected... jeeze, some closure would be nice BU.
From previous years forum, it looks like the accepted students form their own group rather than administration. If no one is opposed I'll create a private group page and post the link to here.
...if you don't mind/have time, that would be awesome!
That'll be awesome 🙂
From previous years forum, it looks like the accepted students form their own group rather than administration. If no one is opposed I'll create a private group page and post the link to here.
Apparently Facebook doesn't allow you to create a group until you add a member to it. To get an actual URL to post, I'll need to add someone to the group. It would be great if one of you can direct message me your email address! This will allow Facebook to add you to the group and will produce a URL that everyone can join.
This spider will remain incognito until more people join.
Last edited:
Out of curiosity, would you choose BU over UWSMPH?
Is BU done with interviews? Still haven't gotten my lovely rejection e-mail...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anybody get an email asking to confirm your contact info? Is that so they can officially send me the rejection haha
Anybody get an email asking to confirm your contact info? Is that so they can officially send me the rejection haha
I got this as well. I'm still Pre-II.
I got the email too, and thought it was strange, so I called. They finished interviews Monday, we're axed and will get an email soon. Best of luck to you folks!
I got the email too, and thought it was strange, so I called. They finished interviews Monday, we're axed and will get an email soon. Best of luck to you folks!
Sorry to hear that. When you called, did they say everyone who got that email would be axed, even those post II?
No, I'm pre-II, so I knew that when she said that no interviews are left, I was finished. Much different for post II I'm sure, no worries, nice job snagging one here, best wishes to you at BU!Sorry to hear that. When you called, did they say everyone who got that email would be axed, even those post II?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K