2015-2016 Boston University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It takes time! Not all interviewers call or email. They'll most likely send a portal update at around 4 pm est

Reactions: 1 users
How sure of you are this 4pm thing? Literally been stressing all day lol

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Haha, but really. I have visited this page so many times at work today... I feel like no one really knows when the decisions will come out. It's been torture though... interviewed back in October

Anyone want to muster up the courage to call and ask?

Reactions: 1 user
I doubt the portals would update with a decision today without decision emails being sent out. I assume that emails will be sent out this week or next though since calls are being made for acceptances.

I doubt the portals would update with a decision today without decision emails being sent out. I assume that emails will be sent out this week or next though since calls are being made for acceptances.

When I received the call from my interviewer yesterday evening he said the official letter/portal changes would be released this Friday.

Accepted and top choice at the moment!

Edit to add: interviewer emailed me today morning. Freaked out all yesterday after not receiving an email/call. Jan interviewee.

Has anyone heard from Dr Medzon?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Accepted! Just received an official status update email around 3 PM EST and my portal has changed as well. Interviewed in late October and was put on hold. So excited to come to Boston this fall! :soexcited:

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted via email interviewed in October

ACCEPTED!!!!! NEVER THOUGHT ID BE SAYING THIS! DREAMS COME TRUE!

Reactions: 3 users
For those accepted today, who did you interview with? Did anyone who heard back today interview with Dr. Balady?
Interviewed with Dr. Balady January 11, got an email today at exactly 4:00pm. Congrats to everyone who got in and good luck to those still waiting!

Just got accepted and I will definitely be attending. I'm sure I'll see some of you guys in the fall!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Accepted via email!!!

Edit: I interviewed with Dr. Medzon and did not get an email/call on Tuesday

Waitlisted, interviewed in September. Anyone know if there has historically been much movement from the wait list?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I checked the portal, got the email 3 seconds later. phone calls are overrated!

Anyone know where we can get some sweet BUSM t-shirts?

WL, Lizzy 77.
Bittersweet, loved the school, but it makes my decision about where to go a lot easier. Congratulations to everyone accepted here!
From what I saw during interview day they look at some pretty incredible and selfless people so I have no doubt everyone accepted will do great things.

Accepted!! This was the last school I was waiting to hear from. Now to make some hard decisions..

Does anyone know if there is a second look for this school?

Does anyone know if there is a second look for this school?

From acceptance email: "We plan to hold an Open House on Saturday, April 16, 2016 for those accepted applicants who wish to visit our campus again before making a final decision. We will provide additional information on this program soon, and we hope that you and your guest(s) will consider joining us for that day."

From acceptance email: "We plan to hold an Open House on Saturday, April 16, 2016 for those accepted applicants who wish to visit our campus again before making a final decision. We will provide additional information on this program soon, and we hope that you and your guest(s) will consider joining us for that day."

Ooh, thanks, I didn't see that. I wish it didn't conflict with the second look I already bought tickets for :(

Incredibly grateful to be accepted. I have been checking the portal obsessively over the past week and maybe that helped to demonstrate my interest ;)

Best of luck to all the other applicants still waiting.

Ooh, thanks, I didn't see that. I wish it didn't conflict with the second look I already bought tickets for :(
ME TOO!!! I'm super bummed. I *might* be able to make it since it's a Saturday and the other one I am going to is Thurs-Fri, but I'd have to change my flight and probably take a redeye... :(

Anyone hear anything about a Deans Scholarship? Is that announced with the acceptance letter or later?

Accepted as well!! Interviewed early Dec. I am sooo excited!! Love BU and Boston!!

Adding another data point to the Accepted pile.

Makes me decisions harder but that's a blessing. LizzyM 72-73 but unique professional background. PM with questions if anyone has any.

Deferred and now waitlisted :( BU is my top choice; I was really hoping to get in. Especially since I haven't been accepted anywhere else. I am happy for those who did get in-- the excitement I saw from people on this thread made me smile-- but I am sad and scared too :cryi:

holy cow, did not expect to get a deans scholarship!

Sharing since I asked the question myself...received a separate email soon after "accepting" their offer saying that I received a Deans Scholarhip. I wonder if it's coincidence or if they actually wait for you to accept the seat before sending the scholarship email (even though that seems a little counter intuitive..)

Either way congrats to everyone accepted and to those waiting, keep your heads up! :xf:

Sharing since I asked the question myself...received a separate email soon after "accepting" their offer saying that I received a Deans Scholarhip. I wonder if it's coincidence or if they actually wait for you to accept the seat before sending the scholarship email (even though that seems a little counter intuitive..)

Either way congrats to everyone accepted and to those waiting, keep your heads up! :xf:
I also accepted the offer of admission yesterday. Maybe just a coincidence?

I believe the Dean said during interview day that no one got accepted off the wait list last year - in fact they accepted too many people initially and had to squeeze in 1 more student than normal. But looking at last year's thread a few people said they got off the wait list. Maybe I misunderstood/misheard
I heard the same as well. Even though there is not much waitlist movement, the Dean did say that only a small number of people are waitlisted...so perhaps the odds of getting accepted off the WL this year isn't that bad (especially since this year they will probably not give as many initial acceptances like they did last year)