2015-2016 Central Michigan University Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I really like the interview schedule they sent out. I think that's unique, isn't it usually Interview then lunch/time with the med students?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It says the review has been complete
My review is still incomplete so that's why can understand the red exclamation point next to it and interview invite but once the review is complete ( with a green mark) an interview should be offered at that point.( That's if I fully understand previous threads.)
 
My review is still incomplete so that's why can understand the red exclamation point next to it and interview invite but once the review is complete ( with a green mark) an interview should be offered at that point.( That's if I fully understand previous threads.)
I think the interview invite thing on the status is a red exclamation mark for everyone, though. II's can be offered through February, but I'm trying to gauge the likelihood of them extending that this late in the game.
 
I think the interview invite thing on the status is a red exclamation mark for everyone, though. II's can be offered through February, but I'm trying to gauge the likelihood of them extending that this late in the game.
it's not over til it's over
 
So I read on multiple places that we would receive a parking pass in the interview confirmation email... did anyone get this?

EDIT: Just got the parking pass in a separate email on 11/9 from the confirmation email. Interview is on 11/13
 
Last edited:
So I read on multiple places that we would receive a parking pass in the interview confirmation email... did anyone get this?

I have an interview in less than 2 weeks and haven't gotten any sort of confirmation email
 
I have an interview in less than 2 weeks and haven't gotten any sort of confirmation email

My interview was October 23rd, I got a confirmation email right after I signed up for my interview and another one October 14th! You can always check your portal and call them if something seems wrong.
 
From my confirmation email about the interview schedule date:

"Approximately one week prior to your interview, you will receive an additional confirmation email with an agenda, driving directions, parking information, and special instructions for your interview date."
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also recently interviewed and thought that the facilities were spectacular and overall got a very positive, friendly vibe from the students and faculty. Hoping to hear good news in a few weeks!
 
Hello guys!

I wasn't planning on applying to this school but after doing some research I decided to give this school and another one a shot. I'm currently doing a master's and was wondering if you guys could comment on the odds of me receiving an interview if I completed my secondary this late into the game. I'm not fully familiar with this school. My stats are:

1. Undergraduate in Health Sciences GPA: 3.82

2. Masters of Health Science GPA: Not complete, but currently ~3.75

3. MCAT: 24 (9/6/9)

p.s: I know my MCAT of 24 is the bare minimum and might be the weakness in my application
 
Hello guys!

I wasn't planning on applying to this school but after doing some research I decided to give this school and another one a shot. I'm currently doing a master's and was wondering if you guys could comment on the odds of me receiving an interview if I completed my secondary this late into the game. I'm not fully familiar with this school. My stats are:

1. Undergraduate in Health Sciences GPA: 3.82

2. Masters of Health Science GPA: Not complete, but currently ~3.75

3. MCAT: 24 (9/6/9)

p.s: I know my MCAT of 24 is the bare minimum and might be the weakness in my application

Your MCAT is a little troubling, especially with one score being a 6. Keep in mind that they're over halfway through offering interview invites. You could definitely try, as sometimes the unexpected does happen -- but be prepared for the possibility of retaking the MCAT and trying again next year if it doesn't work out. Best of luck:luck:
 
Hello guys!

I wasn't planning on applying to this school but after doing some research I decided to give this school and another one a shot. I'm currently doing a master's and was wondering if you guys could comment on the odds of me receiving an interview if I completed my secondary this late into the game. I'm not fully familiar with this school. My stats are:

1. Undergraduate in Health Sciences GPA: 3.82

2. Masters of Health Science GPA: Not complete, but currently ~3.75

3. MCAT: 24 (9/6/9)

p.s: I know my MCAT of 24 is the bare minimum and might be the weakness in my application

I'd be hesitant for a few reasons.

1. Your MCAT is a bit concerning from an admissions committee standpoint.
2. You are unfamiliar with this institution which adheres pretty closely to its mission statement. Your ties to Michigan must be strong and you need to really fit their criteria of applicant.
3. It's late in the game.
4. Becoming a reapplicant for the next cycle only makes things more complicated.

That being said, stranger things have certainly happened. Your GPA is strong and you are on track to also have a masters. Research more about the school and decide if you think you match their mission statement. Also, for what it's worth, their secondary is pretty beefy, so act fast. Good luck!

EDIT: I see you're Canadian. This school has 104 seats per class. They are aiming for 80% in-state students and 20% OOS. You'll be competing with 49 other states and all other Canadians for those remaining 20ish spots.
 
Hello guys!

I wasn't planning on applying to this school but after doing some research I decided to give this school and another one a shot. I'm currently doing a master's and was wondering if you guys could comment on the odds of me receiving an interview if I completed my secondary this late into the game. I'm not fully familiar with this school. My stats are:

1. Undergraduate in Health Sciences GPA: 3.82

2. Masters of Health Science GPA: Not complete, but currently ~3.75

3. MCAT: 24 (9/6/9)

p.s: I know my MCAT of 24 is the bare minimum and might be the weakness in my application

.
 
Last edited:
I think he should apply.... There is always a chance no matter how late in the cycle - that someone will like your application for some reason. Central Michigan is highly mission driven. I've already interviewed so I have some backing to this 😛 What's filling out a secondary going to cost? an hour and some $?

You don't remember the time you spent filling this stuff out and the money you spent - everyone should be a little more optimistic!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The committee is meeting tomorrow to discuss the November interviewees, right? Anyone know when we'll likely hear our decisions?

They're meeting tomorrow to discuss Nov. 13 interviewers I believe. Maybe we'll hear tomorrow, or the day after!