2015-2016 Creighton University Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What are your guys thoughts on the Omaha campus versus the Phoenix campus?

I think you should put down phoenix if you have any interest at all because I heard it's harder to get on it later than to get off it. Personally I really like the Phoenix campus. I volunteer at that hospital and everyone is very friendly; I wheel patients out during my shift and I have not heard 1 bad thing about that hospital at all, and I've been volunteering since august.
 
I've actually heard that people switch on and off the list to go to Phoenix pretty regularly and that while it isn't 100%, if you want to go to Phoenix later, you can probably get a spot.
 
What are your guys thoughts on the Omaha campus versus the Phoenix campus?

My class just made their final Phoenix/Omaha decisions today. Generally there is a waitlist to go to Phoenix, so if you have even a slight inclination to go there, you should put Phoenix. It's easy to switch from Phoenix to Omaha later, but harder to go the other way around as you'd get put at the end of the waitlist. Some years everyone who wants to gets to go to Phoenix, but this year there were a handful of M2s that didn't quite make it off the list.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got a surprise II from here. They still had about 4-5 dates open for interviews. I scheduled it but I have to decide whether or not to attend. I have an acceptance at a cheaper state school closer to home for me. Can someone either PM or just reply how their experience was at creighton? This would be my 3rd II from a jesuit school, and so Im looking for more of an overview on the curriculum and what level of hands-on patient care there is here
 
Got a surprise II from here. They still had about 4-5 dates open for interviews. I scheduled it but I have to decide whether or not to attend. I have an acceptance at a cheaper state school closer to home for me. Can someone either PM or just reply how their experience was at creighton? This would be my 3rd II from a jesuit school, and so Im looking for more of an overview on the curriculum and what level of hands-on patient care there is here
Congratulations. Did you just receive the invite?
 
So my letter came down yesterday, so I was expecting to hear today, but haven't been told...instead an invite to what appears to be a second look day showed up on my secondary portal.

Anyone else have this happen?
 
So my letter came down yesterday, so I was expecting to hear today, but haven't been told...instead an invite to what appears to be a second look day showed up on my secondary portal.

Anyone else have this happen?

I'm in the same boat. Letters down and an invite to 'A Day With The Jays' ...I tried calling but the office seems to be closed because of a snowstorm.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought only accepted students get invited to second look days? May be a roundabout way of telling you you're accepted
 
I received a "DAY WITH THE JAYS" email to Creighton congratulating me on my acceptance. I interviewed on December 5th, so this may be a good sign. 🙂
 
Does anybody else have another second look day that falls on the same day as "Day with the Jays?"
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed 12/11 and I haven't heard anything and my application portal looks the same. Does anyone know how far behind they are in reviewing applications?