-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Creighton University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Rejected as well. Too bad!
Just rejected at 600 pm
This one stung because the admissions guy said I had a good shot at an interview when I called a while back
This one stung because the admissions guy said I had a good shot at an interview when I called a while back
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+7
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Also rejected. Bummer
Me too. Good luck to everyone else.
Rejected.
+1
Just got the axeThey said there would be a final batch in the beginning of Feb. No one on here reported an II last week so hopefully it is this week.
+10
"...the response to your request for admission is not positive." Yeesh, quite frank. I can only picture people sitting around a table looking at my application and discussing how awful it is.
"...the response to your request for admission is not positive." Yeesh, quite frank. I can only picture people sitting around a table looking at my application and discussing how awful it is.
If you do will you let me know if they're willing to do that? Thanks!Rejected as well. Might call them again to see if they'll give feedback to improve for the next cycle
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you do will you let me know if they're willing to do that? Thanks!
Yeah definitely! I'm thinking I'll call tomorrow.
I saw that they are willing to do that. Someone wrote something about that on another thread that he/she called and CU gave feedback.If you do will you let me know if they're willing to do that? Thanks!
Can anyone who has interviewed comment on their thoughts on Creighton/the faculty/facilities, etc? Thanks!!
I love the community. It seems very collaborative and supportive, and it seems like people work hard while also managing to do things they enjoy. To me, the community is one of the biggest strengths of Creighton. The faculty seems friendly and willing to help students, so that's also nice. As far as the facilities, the medical school classrooms and labs aren't that nice. I think they are currently shuffling things around and doing some construction on the clinical areas that students will be practicing in, so it's kind of hard to say what that will be like. There are a lot of different facilities to do your rotations in, though, because CHI has a lot of hospitals in the area that you can complete various rotations at. Bergan Mercy is the main one, but there are many others to do rotations at.Can anyone who has interviewed comment on their thoughts on Creighton/the faculty/facilities, etc? Thanks!!
Rejected as well!
Rejected. There goes the chance to be Dr. McBuckets...
I'm sorry to hear about the decision, but that was a killer reference.Rejected. There goes the chance to be Dr. McBuckets...
Rejected earlier this week. Good luck everyone.
Alternate Status email received this morning. Interviewed 12/11. I am assuming this is the same as waitlist.
I love the community. It seems very collaborative and supportive, and it seems like people work hard while also managing to do things they enjoy. To me, the community is one of the biggest strengths of Creighton. The faculty seems friendly and willing to help students, so that's also nice. As far as the facilities, the medical school classrooms and labs aren't that nice. I think they are currently shuffling things around and doing some construction on the clinical areas that students will be practicing in, so it's kind of hard to say what that will be like. There are a lot of different facilities to do your rotations in, though, because CHI has a lot of hospitals in the area that you can complete various rotations at. Bergan Mercy is the main one, but there are many others to do rotations at.
did they mention when the renovations would be completed?
I don't recall, sorry.did they mention when the renovations would be completed?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I heard back about 7 weeks after my interview.Anyone know if they've been on the early side of releasing decisions? Interviewed on 1/29, and this Friday will be 4 weeks. The wait is killing me...
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Heard back in 2, sorry if that does t help a ton. Doesn't seem to be ultra consistent.Anyone know if they've been on the early side of releasing decisions? Interviewed on 1/29, and this Friday will be 4 weeks. The wait is killing me...
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Both. You receive an email about it, and they ask you to RSVP in your portal.Does the "Day with the Jays" come as an email, or appear on your portal?
Anybody else have an acceptance conditional on completion of a physiology course. I'm in my gap year and thought I had a course lined up for the summer, but now I want to travel and am looking for something with more flexibility. Essentially looking for a self-paced online course. Any suggestions?
I also have a conditional acceptance based on the completion of physiology. You have to make sure the online course follows their rules for where you can complete a pre req course.Anybody else have an acceptance conditional on completion of a physiology course. I'm in my gap year and thought I had a course lined up for the summer, but now I want to travel and am looking for something with more flexibility. Essentially looking for a self-paced online course. Any suggestions?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sorry if this has been covered already, but what is "Day with the Jays"? I interviewed 1/29 and my letters disappeared Friday. Now my portal has invitations to "Day with the Jays" at Omaha/Phoenix.
Last edited:
Day with the Jays is the accepted student days at Creighton.Sorry if this has been covered already, but what is "Day with the Jays"? I interviewed 1/29 and my letters disappeared Friday. Now my portal has invitations to "Day with the Jays" at Omaha/Phoenix.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sorry if this has been covered already, but what is "Day with the Jays"? I interviewed 1/29 and my letters disappeared Friday. Now my portal has invitations to "Day with the Jays" at Omaha/Phoenix.
Did you get an acceptance email already? Or did you only see a change in the portal?
Did you get an acceptance email already? Or did you only see a change in the portal?
I just noticed the change on the portal. My letters disappeared when yours did on Friday, but I didn't see the invitation then. As of right now, I'm just looking at it as a reason to be cautiously optimistic before hearing definitively one way or another.
I also have a conditional acceptance based on the completion of physiology. You have to make sure the online course follows their rules for where you can complete a pre req course.
I submitted a plan to complete the requirement back in November and it was accepted. I'm just trying to find out if anyone found and got Creighton to accept a particularly flexible plan. Know of anything?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted via email this morning!
They expect that the new building at Bergan for Creighton M3s and M4s clinical rotations will be ready Fall 2017. So it would be ready in time for everyone currently an M1 and on.did they mention when the renovations would be completed?
Accepted! First one! Interviewed 1/29.
Did your acceptance letter state your acceptance was conditional on completion of a physiology course? I don't see that anywhere in my letter and haven't formally accepted the offer in my portal either. Just being cautious hahaAnybody else have an acceptance conditional on completion of a physiology course. I'm in my gap year and thought I had a course lined up for the summer, but now I want to travel and am looking for something with more flexibility. Essentially looking for a self-paced online course. Any suggestions?
I also had an acceptance contingent upon completion of physiology, but I don't think that was explicitly stated in the email I got. Rather, I think they mentioned it in my acceptance packet. I can't remember if it was in the acceptance packet or later that I got something from them that specifically asked me to submit a plan for how I would complete outstanding requirements.Did your acceptance letter state your acceptance was conditional on completion of a physiology course? I don't see that anywhere in my letter and haven't formally accepted the offer in my portal either. Just being cautious haha
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K