-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Creighton University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
C
Clockwork Biology
Well man, I bet the adcoms have one word for you: REJECTED.
But seriously, background checks aren't done until after you're accepted, and even then I couldn't imagine they would remotely care. My advice to you is to get some sleep.
But seriously, background checks aren't done until after you're accepted, and even then I couldn't imagine they would remotely care. My advice to you is to get some sleep.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So looking back I'm starting to worry that I didn't disclose a parking ticket in some of my apps that asked if I'd ever been convicted of a crime. Oftentimes it said to exclude speeding tickets. Do you think that come back to hurt me later?
They in no way care about your parking tickets. Unless you went to court, had a defense attorney and a trial, then you did not get convicted of a crime. DUIs and the like would have to be reported, but those are also things that you would have had to go to court over.
Sooo when's the next batch of interviews coming out?
+1! This thread has been so quiet.Sooo when's the next batch of interviews coming out?
Next round of II should be sent out within the next one to two weeks.
Thank you for the update! Fingers crossed for all of us still waiting to hear!Next round of II should be sent out within the next one to two weeks.
Next batch of II should come out within the next two weeks I was informed. Everyone who got passed up the first time will get another chance when they re evaluate
I know it's already been said... And FWIW... Creighton strongly values non medical volunteering; they are also interested in how much you have explored medicine (I.e. Shadowing, etc)
Does Creighton respond to "in the area" notices?
just curious if you ever found out about this OR if anyone else knows the answer! 🙂
II about 20 minutes ago! [emoji106] very excited to have the opportunity to interview here.
It's Sunday though...II about 20 minutes ago!very excited to have the opportunity to interview here.![]()
II about 20 minutes ago! [emoji106] very excited to have the opportunity to interview here.
Seriously??
II a few hours ago!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Former Creighton Undergrad, current Omaha resident, just got the II today. Got my II last year on Halloween. Unfortunately dates this time around are later than I expected / I had last year... Signed up for Dec 4 though.
Feel free to PM me if anyone has questions about Omaha or the Creighton interview process.
Feel free to PM me if anyone has questions about Omaha or the Creighton interview process.
Declined my II this morning. Complete 7/11. LM = 71. Good luck to all!
It's Sunday though...
Seriously??
The timing surprised me as well; received the email at 8:21 PM. Interviewing on December 11th, can't wait!
I am new to posting on this forum but I have been lurking because Creighton is my number one school 😉 I have been complete since mid August but it has been silent since then. I read through this whole thread a few weeks ago, but for the sake of time, could anyone give me the information on their "open door" policy? Can I call them and check the status of my app or my probability of II? I would love for a chance to attend this school!
https://medschool.creighton.edu/medicine/oma/visit/
This is the link where you can read more about open door policy. I called in and discussed the competitiveness of my application with one of the people on the admissions committee a few days before receiving my interview invite yesterday. From what I understand, anyone (including interested high schoolers) can call in and discuss Creighton Medical School with admissions. I had questions prepared regarding the strength of my MCAT for their applicants, etc. Everyone is incredibly nice down there it seems and they were super super helpful. Very low pressure call they will pull up your file after requesting your AMCAS ID and briefly review it to you.
This is the link where you can read more about open door policy. I called in and discussed the competitiveness of my application with one of the people on the admissions committee a few days before receiving my interview invite yesterday. From what I understand, anyone (including interested high schoolers) can call in and discuss Creighton Medical School with admissions. I had questions prepared regarding the strength of my MCAT for their applicants, etc. Everyone is incredibly nice down there it seems and they were super super helpful. Very low pressure call they will pull up your file after requesting your AMCAS ID and briefly review it to you.
Last edited:
https://medschool.creighton.edu/medicine/oma/visit/
This is the link where you can read more about open door policy. I called in and discussed the competitiveness of my application with one of the people on the admissions committee before receiving my interview invite yesterday. From what I understand, anyone (including interested high schoolers) can call in and discuss Creighton Medical School with admissions. I had questions prepared regarding the strength of my MCAT for their applicants, etc. Everyone is incredibly nice down there it seems and they were super super helpful. Very low pressure call they will pull up your file after requesting your AMCAS ID and briefly review it to you.
Thank you so much for this! Extremely helpful!!
Interview invite!!!!!!! LETS GO!
Ha, II...got mine this past sunday as well, can't believe it.
Well, I was complete late Aug and have no heard anything. I guess this means they already reviewed my app but decided I wasn't a top candidate :-(
Same here man. Two years in a row.Well, I was complete late Aug and have no heard anything. I guess this means they already reviewed my app but decided I wasn't a top candidate :-(
Complete 9/22 and was hoping to get reviewed/an interview during this round. I guess not 🙁
delete?
Last edited:
So my Interview Thank You and Letters disappeared today . So anxious!
Can anyone speak as to how long the wait was for a decision after this?
Note: interviewed in the latter part of October.
Can anyone speak as to how long the wait was for a decision after this? Note: interviewed in the latter part of October.
You can call and they'll tell youSo my Interview Thank You and Letters disappeared today . So anxious!Can anyone speak as to how long the wait was for a decision after this?
Note: interviewed in the latter part of October.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do I just call and say, "Listen, the crazed pre-med community over on SDN has determined that an admissions decision must be made. We have studied the position of the moon and the last 7 years of threads...Did I get in?"You can call and they'll tell you
I guess I just feel weird calling since it really hasn't been very long since I interviewed.
It's up to you, but once your letters disappear, they have your decision in the system.
Thanks for the advice. I called in and played a little dumb, but you're right, they had it! ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It's up to you, but once your letters disappear, they have your decision in the system.
So my Interview Thank You and Letters disappeared today . QUOTE]
Does this apply to most schools?
Thanks for the advice. I called in and played a little dumb, but you're right, they had it! ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
congrats!
For people who interviewed in October and have gotten accepted, how many weeks after your interview did your letters disappear?
I applied last cycle and aside from the holidays, turn around time was extremely consistent. this year, Ive hosted a couple M0's and this cycle seems to have been following the same pattern--- three weeks after your fri/sat interview, letters disappear. that following monday, decision is emailed out.For people who interviewed in October and have gotten accepted, how many weeks after your interview did your letters disappear?
Are they still following a once a month interview invite pattern? So we shouldn't be expecting any more news until early December?
This is a super quiet thread... almost as quiet as UCONN haha
Called admissions today who told me that the next batch of IIs isn't coming out until early December, just so everyone knows
Called admissions today who told me that the next batch of IIs isn't coming out until early December, just so everyone knows
thank you! Hopefully the Jesuits show me some love this time around. Completed 9/02
I haven't been rejected, but during the telephone application review I was told to start making other plans because it would be "pretty hard to get an interview from Creighton this cycle."Have they rejected anyone yet? Or, does this school do silent rejections?
WOW. That's harsh!I haven't been rejected, but during the telephone application review I was told to start making other plans because it would be "pretty hard to get an interview from Creighton this cycle."
At least they told you SOMETHING. During my appointment, the Director just said "I'll only answer very specific questions." When I asked about my previous (low) MCAT, he said "Well, your new one is strong" and just stopped there and there was an awkward 20 second silence.
I haven't been rejected, but during the telephone application review I was told to start making other plans because it would be "pretty hard to get an interview from Creighton this cycle."
Do you mind if I ask what your stats are? Might use the open door policy to see what my chances are
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry for the ignorance if this was answered already... But what telephone application review are you guys talking about...?
Sorry for the ignorance if this was answered already... But what telephone application review are you guys talking about...?
https://medschool.creighton.edu/medicine/oma/visit/
This is the link where you can read more about open door policy. I called in and discussed the competitiveness of my application with one of the people on the admissions committee a few days before receiving my interview invite yesterday. From what I understand, anyone (including interested high schoolers) can call in and discuss Creighton Medical School with admissions. I had questions prepared regarding the strength of my MCAT for their applicants, etc. Everyone is incredibly nice down there it seems and they were super super helpful. Very low pressure call they will pull up your file after requesting your AMCAS ID and briefly review it to you.
https://medschool.creighton.edu/medicine/oma/visit/Sorry for the ignorance if this was answered already... But what telephone application review are you guys talking about...?
I discussed my app over the phone, and they were very helpful in helping me understand where I stood with the school.
Ahhh! Thank you guys!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K