You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Duke University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Got the acceptance call around 45 min ago! No Duke affiliations =)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So much for:
Decisions will be sent to the email address we have on file in your Duke Med Application Account. DECISIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN OVER THE TELEPHONE (this policy is in place to protect your privacy).
Decisions will be sent to the email address we have on file in your Duke Med Application Account. DECISIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN OVER THE TELEPHONE (this policy is in place to protect your privacy).
Anyone accepted PCLT?
So 8 acceptances on SDN so far. What do we think that means? Like 80-90 people have been notified of their acceptances?
Highlt doubt that manySo 8 acceptances on SDN so far. What do we think that means? Like 80-90 people have been notified of their acceptances?
Highlt doubt that many
Yeah I guess it seems like a lot, but I also doubt that more than 10% of those accepted would post on SDN about it so idk. Hope you're right though
just got my acceptance call! i'm absolutely in awe!!!!!! i also have no duke affiliations and it honestly seems like different faculty members have chosen different applicants to call and will get around to calling them at their own rate once they've chosen who they want to call out of the whole acceptance pool
D
deleted743871
Anyone accepted PCLT?
Hey! I was just accepted via phone. I don't have any Duke affiliation. I asked Dr. Taylor about PCLT... he said those decisions are made separately and should come out within a week 🙂
Congratulations!
What is your last initial just wondering?Hey! I was just accepted via phone. I don't have any Duke affiliation. I asked Dr. Taylor about PCLT... he said those decisions are made separately and should come out within a week 🙂
Congratulations!
This whole week is about to be a mix of fear, anxiety and support for everyone else going through the same thing
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have an idea (any Duke MS's or people who have followed threads from past years) how late they'll call (EST)?
pretty sure they went as late as 11pm EST last year
I love the feeling of camaraderie in this thread (and other school specific threads) driven by the milieu of anxiety, excitement, happiness, and and rejection that we collectively experience
ACCEPTED WHAT THE WHAT THE WHAT THE WHAT THE HEAVEN
Edit: Received call from blocked # at 8:30. Interviewed in November, and no affiliations to Duke.
Edit: Received call from blocked # at 8:30. Interviewed in November, and no affiliations to Duke.
Last edited:
This whole week is about to be a mix of fear, anxiety and support for everyone else going through the same thing
go take another bubble bath then
If it is like last year the WL & rejections came out a few days after acceptance calls but there were a couple of people in limbo for ANOTHER few days. A few of those people in limbo actually received acceptance letters in the mail without any call but most people were rejected or wait listed.So...when are rejections/waitlists coming out?
LOL...so somehow my mother texts me saying she received a message from Dr. Yee on our home phone and told me to call him back, which I did so around 9 PM EST. Such a round-about way of finding out my acceptance, haha.
LizzyM 77-79; interviewed late November.
Accepted also with 50% merit scholarship!
I'm human, by the way 😛
@Pastamahn et al., best of luck...I hope to hear good news from the rest of y'all!
LizzyM 77-79; interviewed late November.
Accepted also with 50% merit scholarship!
I would love for decisions to be going out, but I can't help but smell troll on this.
I'm human, by the way 😛
@Pastamahn et al., best of luck...I hope to hear good news from the rest of y'all!
Based on last year's thread, if you didn't get a call was it a WL?
Based on last year's thread, if you didn't get a call was it a WL?
I don't think so. People ended up getting acceptances several days after that first wave of calls
My mother calls me and tells me some doc from Duke called her and I lost my mind. Called him back and ACCEPTED!!!! I can't hardly believe it
My mother calls me and tells me some doc from Duke called her and I lost my mind. Called him back and ACCEPTED!!!! I can't hardly believe it
Congratulations!! Do you happen to know what time he called?
I have a strong feeling most/all acceptance calls will be made tonight or tomorrow morning, followed by a mass email of acceptances/rejections/WLs around noon tomorrow.
Congratulations!! Do you happen to know what time he called?
Thanks!! And I'm not positive but it would have been within the last 30 or 40 minutes.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a strong feeling most/all acceptance calls will be made tonight or tomorrow morning, followed by a mass email of acceptances/rejections/WLs around noon tomorrow.
You think that means that some people who are accepted will not receive a phone call at all? I'm just trying to wrap my head around Dukemed system of admissions offers haha, I'm sorry if it seems like I'm badgering or just plain neurotic 😀
You think that means that some people who are accepted will not receive a phone call at all? I'm just trying to wrap my head around Dukemed system of admissions offers haha, I'm sorry if it seems like I'm badgering or just plain neurotic 😀
hard to say; as mentioned before in this thread, MSAR says March 1, and one of the callers said acceptance emails would be sent out tomorrow, so it would make sense to just send all those decisions at once. Moreover, people are getting calls much faster than last year, which only had like 2-3 on Monday.
My mother calls me and tells me some doc from Duke called her and I lost my mind. Called him back and ACCEPTED!!!! I can't hardly believe it
Hahaha, looks like I'm not the only one this happened to!
@ubertrooper60, was your caller Dr. Yee?
That scary moment when you have to start planning for reapplication...hey man I am right there with you...hopefully at least one of us makes it here!I wish I could just crawl into a hole and forget about all this medical school stress. 9 interviews, 3 wait lists and 0 acceptances, starting to get really worried 🙁
I have faith that if you guys are interviewing at Duke (especially dude(tte) with 9 interviews) you will get in somewhere- whether that's outright or off the waitlist.
My horoscope told me today was supposed to be a 9/10. Instead I get a rejection, Duke is twisting my stomach into knots, someone puked in our vestibule again, and we still don't know why my brother is coughing up blood 🙁 This is NOT a 9/10.
Congrats to everyone who got in though l! You must be truly phenomenal people!
Congrats to everyone who got in though l! You must be truly phenomenal people!
Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear this, @chocoholicsoxfan . I wish you the best, and please send your family our best regards!My horoscope told me today was supposed to be a 9/10. Instead I get a rejection, Duke is twisting my stomach into knots, someone puked in our vestibule again, and we still don't know why my brother is coughing up blood 🙁 This is NOT a 9/10.
Congrats to everyone who got in though l! You must be truly phenomenal people!
Thanks, but he'll be fine! Just a little frustrating :/Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear this, @chocoholicsoxfan . I wish you the best, and please send your family our best regards!
Edit: @BurghMed, I was rejected from amother school. The last school I have to hear from, actually, besides Duke.
note that increased activity in 2014-2015 might have prodded more people to note their acceptances since it seems this calling interval will be shorter.
anyways, calls made in this and last 2 annual threads BEFORE WL/Rejections
2013-2014 Duke University Application Thread: 21 A total
2014-2015 Duke University Application Thread: 15 A (2.23.15-2.24.15), 18 A (2.25.15-3.1.15) - 33 total
2015-2016 Duke University Application Thread: 15 A (2.29.16)
anyways, calls made in this and last 2 annual threads BEFORE WL/Rejections
2013-2014 Duke University Application Thread: 21 A total
2014-2015 Duke University Application Thread: 15 A (2.23.15-2.24.15), 18 A (2.25.15-3.1.15) - 33 total
2015-2016 Duke University Application Thread: 15 A (2.29.16)
Note that since 2013-2014, they've increased their class size.note that increased activity in 2014-2015 might have prodded more people to note their acceptances since it seems this calling interval will be shorter.
anyways, calls made in this and last 2 annual threads BEFORE WL/Rejections
2013-2014 Duke University Application Thread: 21 A total
2014-2015 Duke University Application Thread: 15 A (2.23.15-2.24.15), 18 A (2.25.15-3.1.15) - 33 total
2015-2016 Duke University Application Thread: 15 A (2.29.16)
Also the crazy debacle last year likely caused more people to be frustrated and create accounts to comment, thus resulting in more acceptance posts.Note that since 2013-2014, they've increased their class size.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
if we weren't given any merit aid during the phone call, does that mean we're not getting any? just curious!
Last year, some scholarship calls were made later apparently. Did you just get the call?
thank you!! nope got it last night!Last year, some scholarship calls were made later apparently. Did you just get the call?
Sounds like most if not all acceptance calls were made last night
Sounds like most if not all acceptance calls were made last night
I think they're a bit more than halfway through the calls. Just speculating though
did you call back, or were you called again this morning?Accepted!!!!!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K