-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Duke University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just got the call! Accepted!
for those of you who received calls this morning, are you all on the east coast?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Some people brought significant others last year. No other types of family came.Does anyone know if admit weekend is for families too or just students?
I don't think anybody can answer thatSo, does no call today mean rejection/wait list?
Hey guys,
Just wanted to drop by and say I remember sitting in your shoes two years ago with all the anxiety and stress and all of that. I ended up with a waitlist email and surely thought it was over. I got in off the waitlist a couple of months later and here I am as a MS2. Those months waiting for a decision and then waiting again for a couple months to see if there would be waitlist movement were so painful. No, med schools can't accept everybody but hang in there. I wish each of you the best.
tl;dr It's not over until it's over. Hang in there.
Just wanted to drop by and say I remember sitting in your shoes two years ago with all the anxiety and stress and all of that. I ended up with a waitlist email and surely thought it was over. I got in off the waitlist a couple of months later and here I am as a MS2. Those months waiting for a decision and then waiting again for a couple months to see if there would be waitlist movement were so painful. No, med schools can't accept everybody but hang in there. I wish each of you the best.
tl;dr It's not over until it's over. Hang in there.
when do we think calls will stop going out / portals will be updated with WL and rejections? I'd just like to be done with this so I can move on.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Received a phone call this morning with an ACCEPTANCE TO PCLT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just got off the phone! Got accepted! Calls are still happening people!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,
Just wanted to drop by and say I remember sitting in your shoes two years ago with all the anxiety and stress and all of that. I ended up with a waitlist email and surely thought it was over. I got in off the waitlist a couple of months later and here I am as a MS2. Those months waiting for a decision and then waiting again for a couple months to see if there would be waitlist movement were so painful. No, med schools can't accept everybody but hang in there. I wish each of you the best.
tl;dr It's not over until it's over. Hang in there.
It honestly feels good to read these words, but in the back of my head I keep remembering what I heard during my interview day: "Duke took ZERO students off the waitlist in 2015". This is not only a testament to how great the school is but also a reminder that the waitlist is favorable for very few applicants. But I don't want to let go of the hope!!!
Just got off the phone! Got accepted! Calls are still happening people!
Congratulations! Did it happen to be from Dr. Yee?
Forgot his name in the excitement of it all but it wasn't Dr. Yee hahaCongratulations! Did it happen to be from Dr. Yee?
Edit: Since Duke interviews were MMI, my assumption is that all the accepted students have been assigned to a different member on the admissions committee and each member is making calls to the applicants on their list. The members are doctors so are busy and have been making calls when they had time to do so (some members called their accepted students last night, others today, and maybe more calls later on based on previous threads). Good luck to everyone!
Last edited:
Accepted! Just got the call!
As one of the people waiting for ANY notification at all, I just wonder why Duke could not let people know by email instead of this long, drawn out phone call process.
Have any Duke undergrads/alums been accepted today? Feeling like I missed my chance if I didn't hear yesterday...
I know another alum who got the call last year several days after they started going out, so at least in the past, they didn't call all the Duke affiliated people first, if that helps! 🙂
i feel sad
.
Last edited:
I feel the same way. At my interview they said they would do it all by email around the same time to avoid confusion and keep it organized. This is anything but what they suggested.As one of the people waiting for ANY notification at all, I just wonder why Duke could not let people know by email instead of this long, drawn out phone call process.
I feel the same way. At my interview they said they would do it all by email around the same time to avoid confusion and keep it organized. This is anything but what they suggested.
I totally agree. While it was lovely to get a phone call and I appreciate their efforts to personalize the congratulations, I think they end up creating more stress than they provide benefit.
I feel like they should do what other non-rolling schools do and release results all at once over email. And if they want to make it more personal, then could make congratulatory phone calls during the week following. I also feel like it would be so much more useful this way -- acceptees would have the chance to ask questions instead of just do the excited babbling I'm pretty sure I've done for every good-news phone call. Crossing fingers the system improves!
7
708445
I've been solely a lurker until now. I'm just getting really bitter at this point.. I can't even focus on stuff I have to do and find myself jumping every time my phone buzzes
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Yep, I can't keep myself from checking my phone in class and at research. So much anxiety and stress could have been avoided with mass emails of decisions all at once.I've been solely a lurker until now. I'm just getting really bitter at this point.. I can't even focus on stuff I have to do and find myself jumping every time my phone buzzes
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Okay, now that's kinda mean...Heard from a current MS1 that calls are going out all week! Keeping my fingers crossed!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
7
708445
Please tell me this ISN'T true!!Heard from a current MS1 that calls are going out all week! Keeping my fingers crossed!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Heard from a current MS1 that calls are going out all week! Keeping my fingers crossed!
Just get me off of this wild ride
1) I didn't even know that still worked and 2) I am so sorry you had that happen.my gf just *67'ed my phone and prank duke called me. Hopefully it doesn't violate sdn policy to say that i want to murder her right now
Accepted!!!! Phone call at 1:07 EST, calls are going out all week, it really just depends on who is responsible for calling you...keep the hope alive!!!!!!
Did anyone have the sense that I lacked and ask for information about when we'd hear about second look? If it's really later this month, I'd love to book soon!
Congrats to everyone who has heard, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for swift calls for people who haven't heard yet!
Congrats to everyone who has heard, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for swift calls for people who haven't heard yet!
Last edited:
I don't know whether each acceptance post here makes me hopeful that they're still giving out acceptances or disappointed that there is one less acceptance that Duke can give out.
Edit: And I hate that Duke's method of sending out acceptances is causing me to root against y'all.
Edit: And I hate that Duke's method of sending out acceptances is causing me to root against y'all.
Last edited:
puppies help me cope
Still in shock...my stats aren't standout at all and I was not expecting to get a call today from Dr. Yee. Duke believed in me as an undergraduate when others didn't and DukeMed just gave me the same belief. As my first acceptance, this means so much to me and for all of you who are still waiting, hang in there, you are all amazing!
p.s. I am a senior at Duke!
p.s. I am a senior at Duke!
Got a call last night! So psyched!
B-but they say on their secondary that all decisions will be given via email...
If I counted right, 26 reported acceptances on SDN for Duke so far...
I can only speculate as to how many Duke applicants actually have an SDN account + how many of those people would actually self-report their acceptances if they heard the news. Probably a safe assumption to assume AT LEAST double that number of calls have been made to offer a spot.
Thanks to everyone who's posted regarding their acceptances!
Last edited:
What about WLs/rejections?I also can confirm the fact that calls and acceptances will go out throughout this week still. I know an MS1 at Duke who has talked to the admissions office about it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can also confirm that they will be calling all week. My friend who's a med student just confirmed.
Absolutely torturous.I can also confirm that they will be calling all week. My friend who's a med student just confirmed.
Wow... so that means rejection/WLs also won't be going out for a week...? This is gonna be so rough. I mean, it's worth it if you get in, but if it's just a rejection, that's brutal.
Highly doubt that. WL/rejections must be coming out this week given how soon second look is. Otherwise the admissions office would be bombarded with calls asking for applicants' statuses.Wow... so that means rejection/WLs also won't be going out for a week...? This is gonna be so rough. I mean, it's worth it if you get in, but if it's just a rejection, that's brutal.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K