You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Oakland University (Beaumont) Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats! I believe most schools accept about 2-2.5x the amount of seats they have.OOS II! Does anyone know how many acceptances they hand out? Like in relation to the number of interviews they do? MSAR only includes the #interviewed and #matriculated
OOS II! Does anyone know how many acceptances they hand out? Like in relation to the number of interviews they do? MSAR only includes the #interviewed and #matriculated
Do you mind sharing stats and when you submitted secondary? Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is the website where we can see how many interviews Oakland has given out and how many have been completed: http://www.oakland.edu/medicine/admissions/interviews
It shows 0 interview positions filled as of today, but I'm sure it will update once the people who have gotten IIs pick a date
It shows 0 interview positions filled as of today, but I'm sure it will update once the people who have gotten IIs pick a date
of course!Do you mind sharing stats and when you submitted secondary? Thanks!
MCAT 31 PS 11 VR 8 (eek!) BS 12
cGPA & sGPA 3.93
submitted 7/06/2015
Good luck to you!!
of course!
MCAT 31 PS 11 VR 8 (eek!) BS 12
cGPA & sGPA 3.93
submitted 7/06/2015
Good luck to you!!
Killer GPA! Good luck with your interview!
Interesting that you heard back so quickly! Seems like those who have submitted before you (myself NOT included) have not heard back yet. You must have really stood out or there is in fact some luck involved?? Maybe both?? Either way, CONGRATS! 🙂of course!
MCAT 31 PS 11 VR 8 (eek!) BS 12
cGPA & sGPA 3.93
submitted 7/06/2015
Good luck to you!!
Wow lots of OOS interviews! Give us ISers some love!
Wow lots of OOS interviews! Give us ISers some love!
IS, just got an II! Fear not!
IS, got an II!
Nice! Stats?IS, got an II!
Congrats! Stats?IS, just got an II! Fear not!
Congrats! Stats?
MCAT 30 (PS 10 VR 10 BS 10)
cGPA 3.97, sGPA 3.96
Submitted secondary 07/03
Are they sending interview notifications to your email or do you just have to keep checking the portal?MCAT 30 (PS 10 VR 10 BS 10)
cGPA 3.97, sGPA 3.96
Submitted secondary 07/03
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nice! Stats?
Thank you, my stats are 3.92, 33!
Are they sending interview notifications to your email or do you just have to keep checking the portal?
They emailed with a link to the portal, and there's a new Interview tab on the portal where you can schedule it.
that GPA though.. you must have 3.5'd only one science class. Nice jobMCAT 30 (PS 10 VR 10 BS 10)
cGPA 3.97, sGPA 3.96
Submitted secondary 07/03
Ouch, you have awesome stats! good luck to you otherwise.Rejected. OOS MCAT 36 (11PS 12VR 13BS) cGPA 3.6 sGPA 3.5
where are you guys seeing that you were rejected? just on the supplement page after you login?
I'm sure you don't have much to worry about with those stats! Good luck!Rejected. OOS MCAT 36 (11PS 12VR 13BS) cGPA 3.6 sGPA 3.5
Rejected. OOS MCAT 36 (11PS 12VR 13BS) cGPA 3.6 sGPA 3.5
Wow, that's discouraging. 🙁 I guess no news is better than bad news, at least. Good luck with the rest of your cycle.
that GPA though.. you must have 3.5'd only one science class. Nice job
Thanks, I've worked hard for that! Hopefully it pays off. Good luck to you!
Received the OUWB secondary an hour after being verified today!
So I see that Oakland requires either two semesters of math or 1 math 1 statistics. Does this mean that we have to have taken calculus? My only math class besides stats was a 1 credit essentials of calculus class. Would that count or should I throw in the towel with this school? Any advice appreciated.
Not sure-- their website only says, "One semester of college-level mathematics," which you would have. It is unclear if they require a certain number of credits. I would shoot them an e-mail and ask. The folks in this admissions department have been particularly good about getting back to my e-mails within a day or so!So I see that Oakland requires either two semesters of math or 1 math 1 statistics. Does this mean that we have to have taken calculus? My only math class besides stats was a 1 credit essentials of calculus class. Would that count or should I throw in the towel with this school? Any advice appreciated.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am sorry!! I am sure mine is coming as well 🙂 When were you complete
they emailed me for the rejection. it sucks, i actually really liked their program. one of my top choices for sure
From the Oakland Interview Tracker page:
Interview Positions Filled: 11 (As of 07/22/15)
They are expecting to interview 500 applicants, so it's still early in the game!
Interview Positions Filled: 11 (As of 07/22/15)
They are expecting to interview 500 applicants, so it's still early in the game!
Rejected OOS 3.8 sGPA and cGPA and 35 MCAT 🙁
Ouch, so sorry, you have great stats. Better luck in your IS and other privates.Rejected OOS 3.8 sGPA and cGPA and 35 MCAT 🙁
This morning you were or was this a few days ago? and youll have your choice of schools with those stats don't sweat itRejected OOS 3.8 sGPA and cGPA and 35 MCAT 🙁
Thanks for the encouraging words everyone. Got the email this morning NextJamesAndrews
Thanks for the encouraging words everyone. Got the email this morning NextJamesAndrews
How long has it been since you submitted your secondary?
Xoxobubbles, I submitted on 7/5. I'm not sure when I was complete though.
I was complete on 7/23 now it's just a waiting game.
Looks like they're just gonna be getting to reviewing the mid July apps this week or next?
Sorry man :/ When were you complete? I'm terrified to check my email now, you have better stats than me.IS Rejected, 3.8, 32, bummed out. I was born there for god-sake. No love
So... there are like 4 med schools that I've applied to that are giving out II's and I havent heard back from any of them except for 1. I got a rejection at that one..... it looks like I'm a limbo applicant for MD.
I have a 66 LizzyM so I probably shouldnt be expecting too much from MD schools.
I have a 66 LizzyM so I probably shouldnt be expecting too much from MD schools.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Submitted 7/2 , letters didn't come through until 7/6. Good Luck! I'm sure there just looking for the perfect fit with how many "high stats" people are being rejected.
Nah, my stats are much worse than yours, and I"m feeling a rejection email coming too
Very odd... Nailbiting intensifies
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K