2022-2023 Oakland (Beaumont)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Late to the game, but pre-II R on Thursday. Complete 8/26
i'm sorry about that, but congrats on your MD acceptance!! you're going to be a great future doc!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew from the WL today. Hopefully, that’ll help out those still there once movement starts! Good luck!

• Love
IS, complete on 6/29, update sent 9/27. Would love to hear some word whether it be good or bad LOL

Reactions: 1 users
anyone complete mid July and still silence, are they done sending IIs ?

Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
any scholarships recently?
Silent on my end. I literally sent them an email in December asking them to make a competitive scholarship offer to match one I got from a name brand med school. I grew up dreaming of being a “Beaumont Doctor™️” and I don’t want to wait until residency when I already have an A from the school. I sent them proof and the FA person pretty much dismissed me.

At this point, it would be significantly cheaper and better for my career if I went to this other med school, but I’m just clinging onto hope that OUWB offer me something by mid-April so I can be with my family and friends again. It is what it is but a big part of me just want to come home :(

• Care
Silent on my end. I literally sent them an email in December asking them to make a competitive scholarship offer to match one I got from a name brand med school. I grew up dreaming of being a “Beaumont Doctor” and I don’t want to wait until residency when I already have an A from the school. I sent them proof and the FA person pretty much dismissed me.

At this point, it would be significantly cheaper and better for my career if I went to this other med school, but I’m just clinging onto hope that OUWB offer me something by mid-April so I can be with my family and friends again. It is what it is but a big part of me just want to come home :(

You would be a Corewell Health Doctor now anyways

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I made a quick pie chart and bar graph from the 2022 OUWB Match List to better visualize the results and thought I would share them if anybody wanted to look too. This is in addition to the ones OUWB provides us. Not sure if this will be helpful for anybody.

Some other quick facts:
-100% match rate for Urology (3/3) in the Class of 2023
-15% of applicants matched into California (28% Michigan)

Share any other facts about OUWB Match that you know!

OUWB Match list 3.PNG

OUWB Match List 2.PNG

Attachments

• OUWB Match List 1.PNG
    OUWB Match List 1.PNG
    127.3 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
I made a quick pie chart and bar graph from the 2022 OUWB Match List to better visualize the results and thought I would share them if anybody wanted to look too. This is in addition to the ones OUWB provides us. Not sure if this will be helpful for anybody.

Some other quick facts:
-100% match rate for Urology (3/3) in the Class of 2023
-15% of applicants matched into California (28% Michigan)

Share any other facts about OUWB Match that you know!

View attachment 365777

View attachment 365776
Thank you for this! Do you know which specialties didn’t match?

Anyone recently got an interview? I was complete 7/23 and haven't heard back anything :(

• Hmm
Reactions: 6 users
Anyone recently got an interview? I was complete 7/23 and haven't heard back anything :(
Complete at a similar time and nothing. However I very randomly got a II at MSU this week and same exact situation there (kept missing out on R waves and complete for a while), so I am choosing to hold out some hope for this school as well.

Complete on 7/9 but no word from them despite hearing about the pre-II R waves. Not sure if they’re just sending them out in batches or if they’re narrowing down the applicant pool before sending out more II’s.

Are they not giving away goodies this cycle? I thought last cycle they gave out lanyards and stuff

Are they not giving away goodies this cycle? I thought last cycle they gave out lanyards and stuff
I haven't received anything at all and I got II in early July and was accepted during the first wave of As.

WL this week. Did anyone get accepted from the WL or know what the turnover rate is?

WL this week. Did anyone get accepted from the WL or know what the turnover rate is?
Depends on which tier you are in.

If you tier 1, solid chance you get accepted.
Tier 2, some people get in but not all.
Tier 3, no one has ever gotten accepted off of this tier.

I was accepted off of the waitlist yesterday! Still feels like some kind of mistake. Interviewed 10/14 and was waitlisted 11/16. Was not assigned a tier. 3.83/511/ORM. First MD acceptance and to have it here is special!!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users
I was accepted off of the waitlist yesterday! Still feels like some kind of mistake. Interviewed 10/14 and was waitlisted 11/16. Was not assigned a tier. 3.83/511/ORM. First MD acceptance and to have it here is special!!
Did you send an update since your WL decision, and if so, did it happen to be clinical or research in focus?

Did you send an update since your WL decision, and if so, did it happen to be clinical or research in focus?
I did not send an update or have any correspondence after my interview other than thank-you letters... part of the reason this is hard to believe!

I did not send an update or have any correspondence after my interview other than thank-you letters... part of the reason this is hard to believe!
Did they call or email you?? Congratulations!!

They are teasing with that email

I was accepted a few weeks ago, about a month after my interview! very grateful! if anyone has any questions about the interview process, message me & I'm happy to help share my experience!