You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Oakland (Beaumont)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
has anyone gotten an A from the waitlist?
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
i'm so sorry to hear that, hopefully it only means better things are out there for you! did you get the email today, sunday?Pre-II R today
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
W broWithdrew from the WL today. Hopefully, that’ll help out those still there once movement starts! Good luck!
Pre II R 20 minutes ago 🥲
Same YdayPre II R 20 minutes ago 🥲
sadgeee life. Stats friend, and when complete?Pre II R 20 minutes ago 🥲
LM 74, complete beginning of August!sadgeee life. Stats friend, and when complete?
becomingdrk
Full Member
I think there is one more wave, then they'll be doneanyone complete mid July and still silence, are they done sending IIs ?
Silent on my end. I literally sent them an email in December asking them to make a competitive scholarship offer to match one I got from a name brand med school. I grew up dreaming of being a “Beaumont Doctor™️” and I don’t want to wait until residency when I already have an A from the school. I sent them proof and the FA person pretty much dismissed me.any scholarships recently?
At this point, it would be significantly cheaper and better for my career if I went to this other med school, but I’m just clinging onto hope that OUWB offer me something by mid-April so I can be with my family and friends again. It is what it is but a big part of me just want to come home 🙁
Silent on my end. I literally sent them an email in December asking them to make a competitive scholarship offer to match one I got from a name brand med school. I grew up dreaming of being a “Beaumont Doctor[emoji3481]” and I don’t want to wait until residency when I already have an A from the school. I sent them proof and the FA person pretty much dismissed me.
At this point, it would be significantly cheaper and better for my career if I went to this other med school, but I’m just clinging onto hope that OUWB offer me something by mid-April so I can be with my family and friends again. It is what it is but a big part of me just want to come home 🙁
You would be a Corewell Health Doctor now anyways [emoji6]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I made a quick pie chart and bar graph from the 2022 OUWB Match List to better visualize the results and thought I would share them if anybody wanted to look too. This is in addition to the ones OUWB provides us. Not sure if this will be helpful for anybody.
Some other quick facts:
-100% match rate for Urology (3/3) in the Class of 2023
-15% of applicants matched into California (28% Michigan)
Share any other facts about OUWB Match that you know!
Some other quick facts:
-100% match rate for Urology (3/3) in the Class of 2023
-15% of applicants matched into California (28% Michigan)
Share any other facts about OUWB Match that you know!
Attachments
Last edited:
la vida loca
Full Member
Thank you for this! Do you know which specialties didn’t match?I made a quick pie chart and bar graph from the 2022 OUWB Match List to better visualize the results and thought I would share them if anybody wanted to look too. This is in addition to the ones OUWB provides us. Not sure if this will be helpful for anybody.
Some other quick facts:
-100% match rate for Urology (3/3) in the Class of 2023
-15% of applicants matched into California (28% Michigan)
Share any other facts about OUWB Match that you know!
View attachment 365777
View attachment 365776
i havent seen OUWB provide that information :/Thank you for this! Do you know which specialties didn’t match?
Anyone recently got an interview? I was complete 7/23 and haven't heard back anything 🙁
Pre II R this morning
Pre II R this morning
+1
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
+1Pre II R this morning
Pre II R this morning
Same
koalafied_biologist
Full Member
Complete at a similar time and nothing. However I very randomly got a II at MSU this week and same exact situation there (kept missing out on R waves and complete for a while), so I am choosing to hold out some hope for this school as well.Anyone recently got an interview? I was complete 7/23 and haven't heard back anything 🙁
Complete on 7/9 but no word from them despite hearing about the pre-II R waves. Not sure if they’re just sending them out in batches or if they’re narrowing down the applicant pool before sending out more II’s.Anyone recently got an interview? I was complete 7/23 and haven't heard back anything 🙁
Pre-II R
I haven't received anything at all and I got II in early July and was accepted during the first wave of As.Are they not giving away goodies this cycle? I thought last cycle they gave out lanyards and stuff
Moonlight001
Full Member
WL this week. Did anyone get accepted from the WL or know what the turnover rate is?
Depends on which tier you are in.WL this week. Did anyone get accepted from the WL or know what the turnover rate is?
If you tier 1, solid chance you get accepted.
Tier 2, some people get in but not all.
Tier 3, no one has ever gotten accepted off of this tier.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did they let you know which tier you were in?WL this week. Did anyone get accepted from the WL or know what the turnover rate is?
+1WL this week. Did anyone get accepted from the WL or know what the turnover rate is?
landjones
Full Member
When did you interview?WL this week. Did anyone get accepted from the WL or know what the turnover rate is?
Moonlight001
Full Member
It said I will find out in April but I'm wondering if I can still get A before then?Did they let you know which tier you were in?
Moonlight001
Full Member
January and WL this weekWhen did you interview?
duckduck1738
Full Member
Are they done sending II?
Cookiemonster22
Full Member
Did you send an update since your WL decision, and if so, did it happen to be clinical or research in focus?I was accepted off of the waitlist yesterday! Still feels like some kind of mistake. Interviewed 10/14 and was waitlisted 11/16. Was not assigned a tier. 3.83/511/ORM. First MD acceptance and to have it here is special!!
I did not send an update or have any correspondence after my interview other than thank-you letters... part of the reason this is hard to believe!Did you send an update since your WL decision, and if so, did it happen to be clinical or research in focus?
Did they call or email you?? Congratulations!!I did not send an update or have any correspondence after my interview other than thank-you letters... part of the reason this is hard to believe!
Just an email. Thank you!Did they call or email you?? Congratulations!!
zerotofate
Pre-Med (Accepted)
I DIDNT APPLY HERE, STOP EMAILING ME
What email ahha
An email talking about an upcoming Admissions webinar March 10thWhat email ahha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Cookiemonster22
Full Member
I did not get an email? But interviewed and WL
I am!Who's going to second look day?
D
deleted1147093
how often does the committee meet?