-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Oakland (Beaumont)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
DocBrown23
Full Member
Withdraw my position from the Teir 1 waitlist. Good luck to everyone! 🙂
purple_rain
New Member
Declined my A today, was part of the first tier WL. Good luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Cookiemonster22
Full Member
Did you get accepted off the WL today?Declined my A today, was part of the first tier WL. Good luck everyone!
D
deleted1147093
what are ur stats?Declined my A today, was part of the first tier WL. Good luck everyone!
purple_rain
New Member
No, Wednesday (5 days ago). As for stats, I can email if interested, but I would recommend not stressing about stats too much (too much anxiety and you can't change them), especially for a school like OUWB that values service to others and how far you've come as an applicant.Did you get accepted off the WL today?
zazogettinghisbread
Full Member
Does OUWB give accepted students anything in the mail? Like merch or something
D
deleted1147093
good luck to everyone today!
Moonlight001
Full Member
any updates? 🙁
I wish we’d know something even if rejection so many of us can finalize our med school choice or reapply [emoji51]
avocadobowl
New Member
Accepted off the first tier waitlist via email this morning!
Accepted off 1st tier waitlist via email this morning as well. Interviewed back in September.
edgar_allan_bro
New Member
A from tier 1 waitlist today at about 9:30 MST. Just an email, no phone call.
AREI
New Member
Question for any current medical student attending OUWB, I received an acceptance yesterday. After accepting, in the pre-matriculation section, I noticed I am not checked off for statistics, but during my undergraduate degree, I took Calculus I and Calculus II instead of a statistics course. Is it possible my acceptance could be revoked?
I have that on mine too, with a virtually identical situation. I wouldn't worry about it. If it's on your transcript, you're probably good, but that's just m opinion.Question for any current medical student attending OUWB, I received an acceptance yesterday. After accepting, in the pre-matriculation section, I noticed I am not checked off for statistics, but during my undergraduate degree, I took Calculus I and Calculus II instead of a statistics course. Is it possible my acceptance could be revoked?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Call admissionsQuestion for any current medical student attending OUWB, I received an acceptance yesterday. After accepting, in the pre-matriculation section, I noticed I am not checked off for statistics, but during my undergraduate degree, I took Calculus I and Calculus II instead of a statistics course. Is it possible my acceptance could be revoked?
2nd year Student at OUWB. I'd say quite a few people get scholarships from OUWB both entering in and throughout the school year. Not sure of an exact percentage of students who get the quarter/half/full tuition scholarships (but they do like to offer it up until orientation), but they also offer a lot of internal opportunities for donor scholarships in the first semester of each year for 10,000. This year we had 9 M1s get specifically M1 scholarships by Corewell Health foundation (for those who don't know, Beaumont is now called Corewell after merging with Spectrum Health on the other side of the state) that they can apply to in second semester. We had around 100-150ish scholarships give or take that they offer among the M2s-M4s.does anyone know what percentage of students get scholarships from Oakland? I am trying to decide between Wayne State and Oakland. Oakland seems to be significantly more. thanks in advance!
can any current med students speak on the technology package? what is tech is given to students? is it like a chromebook from high school that we just rent and return, or is it ours to keep?
if its like a chromebook from high school then ill probably just buy my own stuff bc the chromebooks from high school couldnt even access youtube bc of how strict the school was lending tech to students lol.
About - Technology - Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine - Oakland University
The Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine through the Office of Educational Information Technology supports ubiquitous self-directed learning through the mediums of: lecture capture, virtual microscopy, anytime access to library assets, and online content rich resources. The...
oakland.edu
Moonlight001
Full Member
Had anyone heard anything today from OUWB?
Just got the A - I’m on 4 WLs and it’s my first A :’) I cried when I got the call lol. OOS, interviewed September, waitlisted November, tier 1 email in April
Last edited:
D
deleted1150771
Just got the A via email! OOS Interviewed 11/03, waitlisted 12/08, and 1st tier email 03/29!
D
deleted1147093
does anyone know if we get any patagucci? 😎
In the admissions tab in the portal it says "By June 26, Commit to Enroll is required to be selected.". Does this mean we have to withdraw from other WLs by June 26th?
I toured campus the other day and saw a student wearing and OUWB Patagucci jacket but I’m not sure if that was an extra purchase outside of what is normally provided or required.does anyone know if we get any patagucci? 😎
YesIn the admissions tab in the portal it says "By June 26, Commit to Enroll is required to be selected.". Does this mean we have to withdraw from other WLs by June 26th?
sequoialover
New Member
withdrew my oos acceptance here. good luck to everyone!
ThungusAmungus
Full Member
Withdrew from the waitlist!
Moonlight001
Full Member
A today! Best of luck to everyone else
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Welcome to the best med school evrrA today! Best of luck to everyone else
Moonlight001
Full Member
Welcome to the best med school evrr
SO EXCITED [emoji2956][emoji2956]
D
deleted1147093
do we need rain boots for the area? I hear it rains/snows a lot
Moonlight001
Full Member
do we need rain boots for the area? I hear it rains/snows a lot
You will probably need it for snow! It hasn’t rained much here in a while so i wouldn’t worry about that for the summer and spring but you’ll most likely need one for late fall and winter.
Did you ever get an A from this school?Does anyone know how likely it is to get an A from being ranked as a tier 2 WL?