You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Rutgers University - NJMS Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm applying through the EDP, so fingers crossed my school submits the Committee Letter in the next four weeks 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good luck, I was considering EDP, but I took the May 22nd mcat and it wouldve pushed me pretty far backI'm applying through the EDP, so fingers crossed my school submits the Committee Letter in the next four weeks 🙂
Applying through the EDP! Can't wait to see the secondary and get it done 

It sounds like you have a connection with NJ, and there was a question about that for OOS applicants on last year's secondaries. They also have less of an in state preference than some other schools, so you definitely have a chance (in my inexpert opinion)This school favors in state right? I am an FL resident, born in Trenton, NJ, and have a lot of family in NJ, visit there every year. Both my cousins went to Rutgers for undergrad. Would I have a chance?
...
Last edited:
Nope, not yet.Anyone receive II for EDP yet?
Have you sent in the secondary application?Nope, not yet.
No, I didn't receive it. Did you get one?Have you sent in the secondary application?
If you meant primary, I submitted it a while ago and have been verified for a few weeks now
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you meant primary, I submitted it a while ago and have been verified for a few weeks now
I've been a lurker for a while, but after seeing your comments I needed to make an account. I'm also applying EDP and I received the secondary email Jun 23 at like 9:00PM. I'm also invited for an interview this week so things are moving.
If you didn't get an email from Dean Mercedes Rivero's own address "<[email protected]>" I suggest you go searching for it in your spam or other boxes or ask them to link you ASAP.
Thank you so much for this info. Did you let them know somehow that you were applying ED? Besides indicating on the primary?I've been a lurker for a while, but after seeing your comments I needed to make an account.
If you meant primary, I submitted it a while ago and have been verified for a few weeks now
I received my secondary a day after my primary has been verified. I finished it and sent it in. I'm currently waiting for an interview invite.
I've been a lurker for a while, but after seeing your comments I needed to make an account. I'm also applying EDP and I received the secondary email Jun 23 at like 9:00PM. I'm also invited for an interview this week so things are moving.
If you didn't get an email from Dean Mercedes Rivero's own address "<[email protected]>" I suggest you go searching for it in your spam or other boxes or ask them to link you ASAP.
How long did they take to send you the II after receiving the secondary?
The only thing missing from my application was a recommendation letter, so maybe that's why I haven't received a secondary yet? The letter finally got submitted today so hopefully I'll get an email soon. :/
Ugh now I'm panicking...
Ugh now I'm panicking...
Last edited:
Th only thing missing from my application was a recommendation letter, so maybe that's why I haven't received a secondary yet? The letter finally got submitted today so hopefully I'll get an email soon. :/
Ugh now I'm panicking...
Don't worry lol. I think NJMS sends out secondaries regardless of the letters of rec status.
The only thing missing from my application was a recommendation letter, so maybe that's why I haven't received a secondary yet? The letter finally got submitted today so hopefully I'll get an email soon. :/
Ugh now I'm panicking...
My AMCAS was verified on the first day. Then I waited three weeks for a secondary. Receiving none, I sent an email to [email protected] asking when I would receive it. That was June 23, I got the secondary at night on that day. You should just email [email protected], maybe even cc Dean Rivero and Dean Heinrich.
I received my secondary a day after my primary has been verified. I finished it and sent it in. I'm currently waiting for an interview invite.
How long did they take to send you the II after receiving the secondary?
I think they do it based on when you're complete. I was complete today and I received an invitation today.
I think they do it based on when you're complete. I was complete today and I received an invitation today.
Yes I think they do base it on when you are complete. On the website it says it comes out today. I was fully complete on the 24th of June and I got my II today. If you submit it this week and they choose to interview you, you may interview as early as next week! Definitely a bit of a challenging II I have to say.
Are the questions the same as last year? I just sent them an email but I'm going to finish pre-writing so I don't waste any more time...haha and I was so happy to be done with the primary on the first day.
Are the questions the same as last year? I just sent them an email but I'm going to finish pre-writing so I don't waste any more time...haha and I was so happy to be done with the primary on the first day.
The first one changed. "We value integrity, humanism, cultural competence in our student body. What would you bring to our school?"
That's an interesting question, I like it. Has it replaced the original "why NJMS/medicine" question?The first one changed. "We value integrity, humanism, cultural competence in our student body. What would you bring to our school?"
That's an interesting question, I like it. Has it replaced the original "why NJMS/medicine" question?
Yes, that one. Everything else is the same.
Oh boy, I was completed yesterday and I still havent received any II from them.Yes, that one. Everything else is the same.
Have you gotten an II? If so was it on the same day you completed your secondary?Yes I think they do base it on when you are complete. On the website it says it comes out today. I was fully complete on the 24th of June and I got my II today. If you submit it this week and they choose to interview you, you may interview as early as next week! Definitely a bit of a challenging II I have to say.
It sounds like you have a connection with NJ, and there was a question about that for OOS applicants on last year's secondaries. They also have less of an in state preference than some other schools, so you definitely have a chance (in my inexpert opinion)
Don't mean to be a downer, but most NJMS classes are 99-100% NJ residents.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have you gotten an II? If so was it on the same day you completed your secondary?
Sorry when I replied last night I came back from a 10 hour scribe shift, almost fell asleep at my comp lol...replace every II i said with "secondary"...sorry for the confusion, i need sleep 🙁
So you haven't actually gotten your II yet ?Sorry when I replied last night I came back from a 10 hour scribe shift, almost fell asleep at my comp lol...replace every II i said with "secondary"...sorry for the confusion, i need sleep 🙁
Haven't even submitted the secondary yet I just got it yesterdaySo you haven't actually gotten your II yet ?
Last edited:
Submitted my secondary yesterday around 3PM and received an II email about 2 hours later! Interviewing on 7/2, hoping for the best.
Hello. Is your committee letter/LORs turned in? I submitted my secondary this morning but my committee letter hasn't been submitted yet. As far as I understand it is required in order for them to offer an interview so I just wanted to check with you since you got your II email. and CONGRATS by the way!
I've been a lurker for a while, but after seeing your comments I needed to make an account. I'm also applying EDP and I received the secondary email Jun 23 at like 9:00PM. I'm also invited for an interview this week so things are moving.
If you didn't get an email from Dean Mercedes Rivero's own address "<[email protected]>" I suggest you go searching for it in your spam or other boxes or ask them to link you ASAP.
Hello! I just turned in my secondary today! Were your committee letter/LORs turned in when they invited you for your interview?
I believe everything has to turned in before they review your application and that includes the LORs.Hello! I just turned in my secondary today! Were your committee letter/LORs turned in when they invited you for your interview?
Have you gotten an II? If so was it on the same day you completed your secondary?
Hello! I just turned in my secondary today! Were your committee letter/LORs turned in when they invited you for your interview?
What Aresus said in post above
Thank you! And yes, my committee letter and LORs have already been submitted.Hello. Is your committee letter/LORs turned in? I submitted my secondary this morning but my committee letter hasn't been submitted yet. As far as I understand it is required in order for them to offer an interview so I just wanted to check with you since you got your II email. and CONGRATS by the way!
Is everyone who is saying that they turned in their secondary applying EDP? I am applying regular cycle and haven't gotten a secondary yet.
Yes I applied EDP.
Just submitted the secondary, fingers crossed for interview news!
Anyone know what the NJMS interview is like?
1 on 1. Traditional Style.
Who are you people receiving notifications for the secondary application? I'm filling one out on their website but I didn't get any email to do so...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received an email that included the link to the secondary.Who are you people receiving notifications for the secondary application? I'm filling one out on their website but I didn't get any email to do so...
Anyone who submitted regular decision receive a secondary yet?
Submitted my secondary yesterday around 3PM and received an II email about 2 hours later! Interviewing on 7/2, hoping for the best.
Hey! Hope your interview went well! Could you tell us what it was like??? 🙂 ...I'm submitting my secondary this afternoon, fingers crossed
Hey! Hope your interview went well! Could you tell us what it was like??? 🙂 ...I'm submitting my secondary this afternoon, fingers crossed
Thanks! It went pretty well. To be honest, it was very relaxed and conversational, didn't seem like my interviewer was trying to bombard me with questions or anything. I naturally went in a little nervous but I soon became really comfortable once the interview began because it wasn't stressful at all. I think they just want to get a feel of who you are and test your ability to hold a conversation for ~1 hour.
Thanks for the info and glad it went well for you! did they ask any specifics like the classic " why u wanna be an MD"? lolThanks! It went pretty well. To be honest, it was very relaxed and conversational, didn't seem like my interviewer was trying to bombard me with questions or anything. I naturally went in a little nervous but I soon became really comfortable once the interview began because it wasn't stressful at all. I think they just want to get a feel of who you are and test your ability to hold a conversation for ~1 hour.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 253
- Views
- 93K
