2015-2016 Rutgers University - NJMS Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how long it takes on average to hear back after a second interview?

Members don't see this ad.

GPA 3.5, MCAT 510. Don't give up!

Thank you sparkmm!!! Just curious if you could also share your verbal scores! I have a 509 in MCAT but only 126 in verbal... don't know how much longer I should keep my hopes up high :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, long time lurker and first time poster. Has anyone heard anything about a date for second look for NJMS this year? I looked online and couldn't find anything. I also checked out last year's thread to get an idea of a date but it wasn't mentioned. Thanks!

Hey everyone, long time lurker and first time poster. Has anyone heard anything about a date for second look for NJMS this year? I looked online and couldn't find anything. I also checked out last year's thread to get an idea of a date but it wasn't mentioned. Thanks!

I received an email from them yesterday about a second look.

I got an interview here today but when I went to schedule it, it said their system doesn't have any record of my interview invitation. Did this happen to anyone else?

Any details?

Yeah sorry about that. I received the email a few days ago and the second look for admitted students is on March 18, the same day as Match Day for fourth year med students. Did no one else receive this email?

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah sorry about that. I received the email a few days ago and the second look for admitted students is on March 18, the same day as Match Day for fourth year med students. Did no one else receive this email?
Someone posted it on the Facebook group; it seems like they didn't send it to a lot of us. But we can register for it without the email.

Does anyone know how to actually access the @njms email address? I'm not sure what portal to go to or how to log in to it.

so as long as we can successfully log into this, we're all set regarding our netIDs and email addresses?

and regarding all the different email addresses, did people just set their njms email address as their official Rutgers email address?

I believe you're all set if you can log into that and access all the features and your email. I actually haven't set my official Rutgers email address (I only have my personalized and delivery addresses set) but I will probably set my njms email as my official Rutgers email.

Hey did any current students or applicants attend the Annual Admissions Seminar? It is happening this year on May 13 and I was wondering if people found it helpful.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hoping that when they say "early May" for the priority list they mean the first week haha :unsure:

Anyone know if people are actually accepted off the regular priority waitlist? Judging by prior threads, I got the impression they only accept of the high priority waitlist.

Did anyone else get email about scholarship consideration? Does anyone know how much scholarship Njms gives out?

Did anyone else get email about scholarship consideration? Does anyone know how much scholarship Njms gives out?
I think the humanism scholarship is a full ride or close to it, but you don't know if you received it until you matriculate or enroll.

I think the humanism scholarship is a full ride or close to it, but you don't know if you received it until you matriculate or enroll.
Oh wow. Do you know if the scholarship is full ride or full tuition?

Hey guys, for those accepted
1. CONGRATS!!!!!!
2. Any advice you can give to a overly stressed out, pre med.
Planing on applying here next cycle. Any advice will help!
THANKS!!!

whatever you do, don't just say "shadowing" in your application. Heinrich hates the term. He thinks it's very shallow
Hey guys, for those accepted
1. CONGRATS!!!!!!
2. Any advice you can give to a overly stressed out, pre med.
Planing on applying here next cycle. Any advice will help!
THANKS!!!

whatever you do, don't just say "shadowing" in your application. Heinrich hates the term. He thinks it's very shallow

Uh... Even for my AMCAS activity section? Is there another word for following a doctor around all morning? Or do you just mean in essays and such?

I see.
Can you tell me more about Heinrich?
thanks again

just dont say "oh I shadowed"

Uh... Even for my AMCAS activity section? Is there another word for following a doctor around all morning? Or do you just mean in essays and such?

you can just email him, he's always willing to help
I see.
Can you tell me more about Heinrich?
thanks again

Oh wow. Do you know if the scholarship is full ride or full tuition?

pretty sure it's full tuition, not sure if I've ever heard of medical schools giving a scholarship for housing (besides like MD/PhD stipends). I think you need superior stats for this Humanism scholarship (like 39+ MCAT and such).

Does anyone know if there's been any movement on the WL? Esp the high priority one, which is most likely gonna move first.

Probably not gonna see official waitlist movement til after April 30

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Sorry to hear that. Do you mind if I ask if you interviewed recently or if you were on a waitlist alrwady?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

hey at least it's not like the duke debacle of last year. after getting rejected post-II, a bunch of ppl got re-rejected and then a bunch of people got MOVED ONTO THE WAITLIST. like can you even imagine. getting rejected post-II and adjusting to that and then getting told to get your hopes up again? and then that group was re-reviewed and then they ALL got yet ANOTHER rejection email. I don't know if anyone on that waitlist got anywhere. but ya it was terrible

Has anyone else been starting and ending their day like this?

Fingers-crossed1.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone else been starting and ending their day like this?

Fingers-crossed1.jpg
lols yeah that seems about right
never have I wanted a dude to call as much as now. send some love this way, Heinrich~ ;) pretty please

Reactions: 1 users
I plan on applying this upcoming cycle (2016-2017) and I wanted to ask, has anybody received an interview with an MCAT score of 508?

I see that their averages are 33.5 MCAT and 3.57 GPA. My GPA is above a 3.8, would that be enough to compensate for the sub-par MCAT score? Thank you!

I plan on applying this upcoming cycle (2016-2017) and I wanted to ask, has anybody received an interview with an MCAT score of 508?

I see that their averages are 33.5 MCAT and 3.57 GPA. My GPA is above a 3.8, would that be enough to compensate for the sub-par MCAT score? Thank you!

Any waitlist news?

you have a gpa of a 3.8 and the equivalent of a 30 on the old mcat
it's not bad, so just chill out

Has anyone from priority list heard anything?

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone from priority list heard anything?

I called the admission office and they informed me that there has not been any movement off either the priority or regular waitlist. Waitlist movement is still possible however because waitlist movement can occur anytime between now and August. Last year a couple people got off the waitlist in July.

Has anyone on either of the waitlists received a rejection letter yet?

NJMS Humanism fellow here:

It is NOT a full ride. It used to be, but it's $7500/year. Still nice. I really liked the humanism program and got a lot from it during my time at NJMS.