2015-2016 Rutgers University - NJMS Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long does the interview day last? How long does the check-in process take?
There was a tour and lunch that started at noon. From what I remember I was out by like 2- 2:30. I came in the morning like 15 min before my interview and that was fine.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gone in for a second interview that could give me some guidance? Was just asked to come in on Thursday. What could be the reason?

Has anyone been asked to provide an "update to the Committee before a decision is made?" If so, when was the next time you heard back? And was it good news or bad?

I was an ED applicant, interviewed in July, and deferred to the Regular Decision pile :(

Has anyone from early December heard back yet?? We're at the seventh week now

Members don't see this ad :)
Are any more II being offered? Or has that boat sailed?

Are any more II being offered? Or has that boat sailed?
There are dozens of interview slots open on the interview scheduler between February and the first week of March, so I would guess that at least a few IIs are still being offered.

There are dozens of interview slots open on the interview scheduler between February and the first week of March, so I would guess that at least a few IIs are still being offered.
That's great to hear.

Anyone know if the regular alternate list (not priority) has movement in May/June? Kind of hard to imagine it would since there's a priority alternate list, and then a normal alternate list...

I have a feeling it's gonna be next weekend when all the early December interviews hear back
Wait how do you know all the early December interviews hear back next weekend?

I have a feeling it's gonna be next weekend when all the early December interviews hear back
Ooh you're saying that's when you think it'll happen. My bad, I read it wrong.
I hope not...

Reactions: 1 users
I wanted to hear back this weekend xD
It seemed like most early November interviewees heard back at the end of December, so if they're still on a similar timeline, it should be any time from this week to possibly a week or two later since the holidays may have delayed committee meetings. I know it's hard, but hang in there! Hoping you all hear good news soon!

Reactions: 2 users
It seemed like most early November interviewees heard back at the end of December, so if they're still on a similar timeline, it should be any time from this week to possibly a week or two later since the holidays may have delayed committee meetings. I know it's hard, but hang in there! Hoping you all hear good news soon!
I actually did call them a few days back and she said we should hear back by early Feb latest!

Reactions: 2 users
I've been glued to my email and phone... the wait is so excruciating haha. Hopefully we all hear some good news soon!

Reactions: 3 users
So is it safe to assume that everyone in the facebook group has already accepted and will be matriculating this fall? If thats the case then theres only about 30 spots left

So is it safe to assume that everyone in the facebook group has already accepted and will be matriculating this fall? If thats the case then theres only about 30 spots left
I'm fairly certain that most of these groups have old students/MS2/3/4's in them as well. At least that's the way it is for RWJ

Placed on "priority" waitlist this morning. Super bummed. Anyone know how much movement there is in May? This wait literally never ends...

Placed on "priority" waitlist this morning. Super bummed. Anyone know how much movement there is in May? This wait literally never ends...
Wait what?? When did you interview?
Sorry about that :(

Also, you should understand that many people can't make a definitive choice yet because some schools didn't send out decisions yet, or start pulling students off of the waitlist. So although NJMS may be a first choice for many students, many others are still waiting.

I interviewed mid-late November and still haven't heard back. I'm beginning to get kinda worried. I called the admissions office last week and all they told me was that this is on par with others who interviewed around that time and that the holidays delayed things. But I'm seeing on here that some people who even interviewed in December have heard responses :/

I interviewed mid-late November and still haven't heard back. I'm beginning to get kinda worried. I called the admissions office last week and all they told me was that this is on par with others who interviewed around that time and that the holidays delayed things. But I'm seeing on here that some people who even interviewed in December have heard responses :/
Remember, nothing about this process necessarily follows a specific order; it's individualized. Someone on this thread who interviewed towards the beginning did not hear back for over ten weeks when most people who interviewed when s/he did heard back within four weeks. It turned out the report from the interviewer was not turned in until later. The waiting game is tough, but I just kept thinking no news is good news. And @grilledcheese11, I'm sorry you were wait listed! I believe the HPWL often moves considerably in the summer. Keep sending updates to admissions!

I was just offered an interview here on Friday! I'm OOS, and was just wondering if anyone could tell me what the interviews are like before I head into it. Intimidating? Laid back? What was the feel you got from the school community?

Thanks!

I was just offered an interview here on Friday! I'm OOS, and was just wondering if anyone could tell me what the interviews are like before I head into it. Intimidating? Laid back? What was the feel you got from the school community?

Thanks!
First of all, congratulations!
And overall I loved it here but it depends on what kind of environment you enjoy. I thought it was small and homey with everything closeby, which i liked a lot. The residence hall is also right next to the school/hospital.
The interview is an hour long with a faculty member but it really depends on who you get. My person was very laid back despite being a neurosurgeon and cared about what I thought about certain issues/what was most important to me and I was out in 20 minutes.
Overall everyone was very nice and welcoming! & they all seemed at home there.

Thanks!

Hi,

Would you mind sharing your GPA and MCAT scores? Am a canadian resident losing hope now :(

I interviewed early December and I was just emailed today with less than 48 hours notice for a second interview. The admissions committee needs "additional information prior to rendering a decision on an applicant's candidacy to NJMS." I have the second interview Wednesday.
After this invitation, they sent an email acknowledging the update I sent last week. I'm kinda upset wondering if they even considered the update at all before deciding they needed another interview. Hopefully I'll get in & the fortune I'm spending to get to Newark on Wednesday will be worth it!

Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed early December and I was just emailed today with less than 48 hours notice for a second interview. The admissions committee needs "additional information prior to rendering a decision on an applicant's candidacy to NJMS." I have the second interview Wednesday.
After this invitation, they sent an email acknowledging the update I sent last week. I'm kinda upset wondering if they even considered the update at all before deciding they needed another interview. Hopefully I'll get in & the fortune I'm spending to get to Newark on Wednesday will be worth it!

I will be there on Wednesday for a second interview as well! I really wish I knew what it meant and also what I should prep for. I am trying to figure out what information was not covered!

Just withdrew from my interview spot, hoping one of you gets it!

Waitlisted and super bummed :(. Interviewed early December. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Waitlisted and super bummed :(. Interviewed early December. Good luck to everyone still waiting!
+1
It makes sense for this stage of the cycle tho & I'm fairly certain the priority waitlist has a lot of movement in May!