2015-2016 Rutgers University - NJMS Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Delete

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Has anyone from 10/26 interviews or later heard any acceptance, WL or rejection news?

Last update posted here was 10/15 interview date. Not sure if anything has come out for any interviews later than this date. If I were to speculate I would say that the holiday last week may have had some affect on decisions for those who have interviewed after 10/15. Just an idea.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Last update posted here was 10/15 interview date. Not sure if anything has come out for any interviews later than this date. If I were to speculate I would say that the holiday last week may have had some affect on decisions for those who have interviewed after 10/15. Just an idea.
I interviewed 10/16 and haven't heard anything. Kind of unsettling.

I interviewed 10/5 and haven't heard anything either. ):

just got in :DDDDD oct 19th interview. Dr. Heinrich is super nice and this school seems like such a welcoming environment!

Interviewed in early November, hoping to hear back soon! Anyone hear back from around then yet? it seems like the process here is very arbitrary with people who interviewed later hearing back before than people who interviewed earlier.

Interviewed in early November, hoping to hear back soon! Anyone hear back from around then yet? it seems like the process here is very arbitrary with people who interviewed later hearing back before than people who interviewed earlier.
It mostly depends on how quickly your interviewer can get back to the committee. The turnaround can be anywhere from like ~3 wks to ~9 wks.

It mostly depends on how quickly your interviewer can get back to the committee. The turnaround can be anywhere from like ~3 wks to ~9 wks.
I would like to agree with that, but it seems like also they go in order of interview time.. because no one from november has posted on here yet

I would like to agree with that, but it seems like also they go in order of interview time.. because no one from november has posted on here yet
Well best of luck, the wait is terrible but hoping you hear good news!

out of curiosity, does Dr. Heinrich only call for acceptances? if so, does anyone know how rejections and waitlist are communicated by the school?

Members don't see this ad :)
out of curiosity, does Dr. Heinrich only call for acceptances? if so, does anyone know how rejections and waitlist are communicated by the school?
Waitlists are via e-mail. I assume rejections are as well.

Any updates?
I could be completely wrong, but based upon SDN, I think the committee usually meets Thursdays. Waitlist emails typically go out on Thursday or Friday, and calls often go out during weekend evenings, though Dr. Heinrich seems to sometimes make calls midweek as well. I'll be curious to see which interview dates hear back in the next few days; last week they seemed to be reviewing early- to mid-October.

How active is the NJMS waitlist? Anyone know what its been like from the previous years?
Were you waitlisted? My understanding from threads from past years is that alternate list doesn't typically move, but HP waitlist has a lot of movement during the summer. Again, my observations are based on SDN, not actually knowing from an insider's point of view how their process goes.

Were you waitlisted? My understanding from threads from past years is that alternate list doesn't typically move, but HP waitlist has a lot of movement during the summer. Again, my observations are based on SDN, not actually knowing from an insider's point of view how their process goes.

I have yet to hear back, but was just curious. I didn't know they had a HP waitlist though.

Does NJMS send out rejection emails/letters? If so, when?

Reactions: 1 users
Are we supposed to get an email or any sort of confirmation that we've completed all the necessary things on the accepted students portal to secure our seat?

Anyone interviewed in mid-October and still haven't heard back? They said a decision takes 3-6 weeks, but closer to 6 weeks. This is the 9th week...awk

Reactions: 2 users
II this morning! Complete mid-July.

Are we supposed to get an email or any sort of confirmation that we've completed all the necessary things on the accepted students portal to secure our seat?
I was wondering the same thing--I just got a receipt for my payment but no other emails

Just got accepted!! Interviewed late October

Accepted on 12/9! interviewed 11/10

Anyone who interviewed already have any tips for the interview?

Also how important is the student interview?

Anyone who interviewed already have any tips for the interview?

Also how important is the student interview?
It really depends on your interviewer, but most people find their interviews here are conversational and relaxed. I would recommend the student interview because the med students who volunteer to do them are really helpful and friendly and give different insight than a faculty member can give. They're obviously not as important in the final decision since they're optional, but I was glad I had that opportunity. I'd also take advantage of the tour to learn about the school; ask a lot of questions! Our tour guide was fantastic. Good luck!

It really depends on your interviewer, but most people find their interviews here are conversational and relaxed. I would recommend the student interview because the med students who volunteer to do them are really helpful and friendly and give different insight than a faculty member can give. They're obviously not as important in the final decision since they're optional, but I was glad I had that opportunity. I'd also take advantage of the tour to learn about the school; ask a lot of questions! Our tour guide was fantastic. Good luck!

Thanks!

Ahh just got placed on the alternate list, definitely my top choice school hoping it works out for me in the coming months, anyone know if theres a priority alternate list this year like the last cycle?

Placed on the alternate list as well. Interviewed early october.

Ahh just got placed on the alternate list, definitely my top choice school hoping it works out for me in the coming months, anyone know if theres a priority alternate list this year like the last cycle?
Is alternate list better than waitlist?

Is alternate list better than waitlist?
I dont think njms has a waiting list, there alternate list is the waiting list unless if I'm wrong, so to answer your question they're the same thing as far as I know.

There is a HPWL and Alternate List. There are no ranks within each list. Called the admissions office to confirm.

For those placed on a HPWL or alternate list did you all have interviews? I'm wondering if this school ever sends out waitlist decisions prior to II.

How long does the interview day last? How long does the check-in process take?