2015-2016 Rutgers University - RWJMS Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do we still have to take CASPer for RWJMS?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello.

On behalf of Altus Assessment, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced today. We understand that this exam is important for your medical school application and we are aware that your time is very valuable.

We are currently in the process of rescheduling all participants who was affected by our server error earlier today to other exam times throughout today and tomorrow. Please note that at this current time, we kindly request for you to please close your browser and await for further instructions via email. You will be notified as soon as we have completed preparation for the exam enrollment.

We appreciate your patience in this matter and we thank you for your time.

Altus Assessment Customer Support Team

So basically, everyone just got rescheduled, again, cool thanks CASPer.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we still have to take CASPer for RWJMS?
I'm going to see when they reschedule me for and email RWJMS tomorrow about the situation like some other users said they were! We'll see what RWJMS thinks.

Reactions: 1 users
This is ridiculous. What if we can't take the test when they reschedule us.
I was already concerned that this test date was late and now this...

So I was scheduled to take my test at 12 and they rescheduled me to 3. When I initially tried to take the test, I got through one prompt and the 3 questions that go with it. When I went through the question now it like showed me the same video and then skipped through those questions without letting me answer. Did that happen to anyone else who was rescheduled?

So I was scheduled to take my test at 12 and they rescheduled me to 3. When I initially tried to take the test, I got through one prompt and the 3 questions that go with it. When I went through the question now it like showed me the same video and then skipped through those questions without letting me answer. Did that happen to anyone else who was rescheduled?
Same thing happened to me. I guess they didn't let us answer the questions we already answered again.
Done with CASPer! Not many problems this time, expect that my computer shut down halfway through it... but I started again where I left off so no worries!

Anyone who cancelled their test having a really hard time getting a refund? I know there is a "no refund" policy, but I am pretty sure this fiasco trumps that.

Just curious about something: how briefly did you guys answer the question about preparing for your latest MCAT? I have only taken it once, in May, and I did well. However, it was slightly unbalanced because I experienced technical issues that affected me most during one section. Since I work full-time to support my family, I chose not to retake (we had the option to do so for free) because I felt pretty good about the test and really couldn't take off another day during prime vacation time in the summer. Should I mention this briefly, or just stick to exactly what the question asked? I have been asked by another adcom what happened on that one section, so I thought that question might be a good place to explain it up front on this app?

Just got a complete email from them. Submitted my app on July 14 and had all my letters etc in AMCAS well before then. Casper on 7/15 and didn't retake (hopefully that will work out alright).

Just got a complete email from them. Submitted my app on July 14 and had all my letters etc in AMCAS well before then. Casper on 7/15 and didn't retake (hopefully that will work out alright).
Interesting. I have yet to get a complete email so I think everyone is bumped by like 5-6 wks or so.

Members don't see this ad :)
did everyone who got II take casper or do the secondary questions? just wondering cause i took casper in july and never got a complete email, thanks!

did everyone who got II take casper or do the secondary questions? just wondering cause i took casper in july and never got a complete email, thanks!
I did both because sometimes I'm 'that guy'. lol

so, july casper? congrats!

Anyone do just the optional essay? I've tried to take CASPer twice now and it keeps failing so I'm just doing the essays now since it's almost September already.

OOS II this morning via email!! Complete 7/29

Reactions: 1 user
anyone have any recommendations for where to stay that's close to campus?

I just got a "complete" email identical to the one I got on August 6. Anybody else?

Edit: email is slightly different - they must've just received my Casper results. :)

Last edited:
For that prompt "If you have ever taken time off during your undergrad training or if you have already graduated, provide info to explain this time by providing a line-by-line description of activities or explanation delineated by month/year to month/year", isnt this already on the AMCAS application in chronological order? I've detailed my work experience and my master's work, but does concurrent volunteer and shadow stuff need to go into that as well?

I messaged the CASPer people. I got a message that said they are still processing 8/16-8/17 tests and havent distributed the results yet... might the cause for the delay

has anyone else that took the july casper not gotten a complete email from RWJMS?

For that prompt "If you have ever taken time off during your undergrad training or if you have already graduated, provide info to explain this time by providing a line-by-line description of activities or explanation delineated by month/year to month/year", isnt this already on the AMCAS application in chronological order? I've detailed my work experience and my master's work, but does concurrent volunteer and shadow stuff need to go into that as well?
I basically approached it like the AMCAS W&A section, but separated chronologically rather than by activity; it was kind of conversational in that regard but still as brief and professional as a resume description would be.

Example:
May 200x-September 200y: I worked for XYZ while volunteering at ABC.
May 201x- Present: Since graduating from XYZ, I have been working for XYZ and volunteering at PQR while studying for the MCAT.

Not sure whether or not it was the "correct" approach, but I did apt before returning to school, and a lot since graduation, and I didn't want it to be long, confusing, or boring to read.

anyone have any recommendations for where to stay that's close to campus?
There really is not anything that's close to campus. However all the hotels that I stayed at in Piscataway have been about 10-15 minutes away from the campus depending on traffic. Rush-hour is terrible because of everyone trying to get in and out of New Brunswick.

There really is not anything that's close to campus. However all the hotels that I stayed at in Piscataway have been about 10-15 minutes away from the campus depending on traffic. Rush-hour is terrible because of everyone trying to get in and out of New Brunswick.
ok thanks!

II for November, IS

Anyone that has interviewed care to share how the day went??

Last edited:
Any more II's with the 8/16 Casper?
Also does this school send out rejections on a rolling basis?

Any more II's with the 8/16 Casper?
Also does this school send out rejections on a rolling basis?
I'm also wondering about rejections! Are they at the end of the cycle or anytime?

It is too early in the cycle to be worrying about rejections! You have to stay positive!

For those of you who got a II, mind sharing your stats? Thanks!

would anyone who's interviewed here already mind sharing their experience?

II just now! OOS with strong ties. Complete mid-September.

WOW! I am so excited :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users