2015-2016 Rutgers University - RWJMS Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has RWJ not interviewed that many candidates? Or they just decide to notify the applicants later?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any idea how they notify you? I work in a lab in the basement of a building = no cell service.

Any idea how they notify you? I work in a lab in the basement of a building = no cell service.
by phone call (for acceptances), and then by email (probably a day or two after the call)

Reactions: 1 user
anyone gotten a call yet?

My assumption is, and this is 100% pure speculation, but the last two years they started making calls for the first round of acceptances Wednesday night and into the whole day Thursday. They also sent the email out Thursday I'm pretty sure. So my guess is December 8th (today) is when they are picking the class and will start announcing either Wednesday night or Thursday. But I could also be completely wrong of course haha.

I think they could make this considerably less stressful for everyone if they also sent emails out to people who are waitlisted/rejected so that we all don't need to be nervous the whole time that not hearing anything=bad and constantly worried about whether other people have heard yet.

Oh Robert wood how long must we wait

Reactions: 7 users
Oh Robert wood how long must we wait
I had my interview here this past Monday and I actually remember Liesel Copeland saying that the admissions committee would meet either on the 16th or 18th of this month to make decisions. I'm not sure entirely of the date but around this time seems to make more sense since they did just have an interview day this past Monday and have one tomorrow as well.

Reactions: 1 users
I was also there on Monday and heard this as well. Since this is a non rolling school I have a feeling they make decisions on all the interviewees before January. I am not sure I am just guessing. Also she told us on Monday we would hear back as well after the committee meets.

Members don't see this ad :)
In her email, Liesel Copeland said that they send out decisions well into March. And considering there are plenty of interviews in February, I believe that should be true. Hanging on to any bit of hope there is!

Could the people who have interviewed already talk about their interview experience? It seems that most of you enjoyed it, but I was just wondering if you guys have any pointers on how to prepare? Thank you!

@highonlife
They do their best to make you feel comfortable in the interview, so don't worry at all!
They really want to gauge your motivation for being there, because that is usually the biggest difference from candidate to candidate, and it really speaks to who you are. So make sure you prepare well for that one :)
Other than that, relax and be yourself. If you made it this far, you've already got the intelligence, so just know that and be confident.

If they ask more technical questions, like "How do you feel about scalpels?"
Be like... "Yo I got mad love for the scalpel."

Or "What do you feel about cerebral hemorrhaging?"
Be like... "Yo I got no love for the cerebral hemorrhaging"

Hope that helps!
LargeMouse212 over and out.

@highonlife
They do their best to make you feel comfortable in the interview, so don't worry at all!
They really want to gauge your motivation for being there, because that is usually the biggest difference from candidate to candidate, and it really speaks to who you are. So make sure you prepare well for that one :)
Other than that, relax and be yourself. If you made it this far, you've already got the intelligence, so just know that and be confident.

If they ask more technical questions, like "How do you feel about scalpels?"
Be like... "Yo I got mad love for the scalpel."

Or "What do you feel about cerebral hemorrhaging?"
Be like... "Yo I got no love for the cerebral hemorrhaging"

Hope that helps!
LOL at your examples! Thank you! Do they do a separate interview from the MMI? Because I thought RWJ just had the MMI and during it you don't really get asked specific questions about yourself, but just have to answer the scenarios?

LOL at your examples! Thank you! Do they do a separate interview from the MMI? Because I thought RWJ just had the MMI and during it you don't really get asked specific questions about yourself, but just have to answer the scenarios?

They just have scenarios. Its a normal MMI format. 2 min to read the scenarios and 6 min to answer. One of the rotations is just for you to ask questions. Some of the interviewers will have a poker face on and others will be friendlier. Just like any other interview.

Reactions: 1 users
2 days away people! My little (for a human, but large for a mouse) mouse-fingers are crossed!

In order to brighten the spirits, I thought I would leave you all with a joke of my favorite genre, mouse-jokes:
What's gray, squeaky and hangs around in caves?
Stalagmice!

If you liked that one, there are more to come. If you did not like that one, I will create an account called LargeMoose212, and I will post Moose jokes instead. Your call.

Much love and best of luck to you all.

Reactions: 2 users
In the words of Big Sean, who I actually like to think of as my distant cousin Big Mouse, because of his mouse-like features, mouse-like voice, beautiful mouse-like aura, mouse-like lyrics, and all around cheesiness (see what i did there? :p ).... anyways I'm rambling...

In the words of Big Sean - AKA Big Mouse AKA His Royal Mousiness - I feel blessed.

Good luck to you all! May acceptances and the largest and most delicious of cheeses rain down upon you!

Don't mean to be annoying, but did anyone hear who interviewed 12/7?
Thanks.

or has anyone else gotten a call at all?

If anyone heard back who interviewed in december please let us know!

so are they done calling for Oct interviewees?

There have been people waiting since September....
I'm literally just restating what she said. Since it's a NONrolling school. It doesn't necessarily matter when you interview. They make decisions in batches. So the first day of acceptances was today. I'm sure more will go out tomorrow etc.

do any of you remember how and when they will contact waitlists/post-interview rejects?

No idea on the when, but waitlist/interview-rejections are sent through snail mail.

Almost positive I was told waitlist is sent through regular mail. And based on forums years past, they def did it through snail mail.

To those who were accepted, did you receive an email?
No email yet - on the phone she said that emails would be sent when everyone who was accepted had been notified...so that means acceptances are still being given out! good luck to all of you!

I could have sworn dr. C said that WL was sent through email
Waitlists and rejections are through email after all acceptances have been called. Acceptances will receive a call first, then an email, then a formal letter in the mail.

No email yet - on the phone she said that emails would be sent when everyone who was accepted had been notified...so that means acceptances are still being given out! good luck to all of you!

Waitlists and rejections are through email after all acceptances have been called. Acceptances will receive a call first, then an email, then a formal letter in the mail.
Do they fill the class by today/tomorrow or do people who interviewed in December have a shot of getting in?

will you let us know when you get the email then so we know when they're done notifying? :)

Do they fill the class by today/tomorrow or do people who interviewed in December have a shot of getting in?
There are people who are interviewing in February (see above) so they can't possibly be filling the class with just this wave of acceptances. I'm sure you still have a chance. I can't be sure if you'll hear today or tomorrow though...one/two week(s) seems like a very quick turnaround time but I don't really know anything so you might hear with this wave!! good luck to you!
will you let us know when you get the email then so we know when they're done notifying? :)
yes! I'll be sure to post :) good luck to you and to everyone else waiting!!

please don't panic yet guys, on the phone she made it sound like people were going to be hearing over the course of today/tomorrow/this week (she didn't specify a date) but just because you didn't hear anything does not mean you aren't going to hear good news in the next 24/48 hours! good luck to you all!

Reactions: 4 users
I received the call today in the afternoon, interviewed early November!

Also received a call yesterday afternoon! Super excited :) OOS but NJ native!

Anyone get a call today?

Anyone get a call who interviewed 12.7?

Thanks, sorry for the constant crowdsourcing.