2015-2016 Rutgers University - RWJMS Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What date did you guys take Casper? Or did you do the other secondary option?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
II! Took the August 17 Casper.
Marked complete this past Friday, received II Monday.

Reactions: 1 user
nvm was not paying attn

Last edited:
I am an out-of-state student, CASPer test taken on 9/16.
---Did you get a confirmation email about CASPer because I still haven't gotten one?
-------Does this mean that the schools also haven't received my score?
---Is there any way to check what the status of my application is?

I am an out-of-state student, CASPer test taken on 9/16.
---Did you get a confirmation email about CASPer because I still haven't gotten one?
-------Does this mean that the schools also haven't received my score?
---Is there any way to check what the status of my application is?

Hey, so here's what I've gathered: CASPer scores have been taking ~1 month to be sent out to your schools. I didn't get a confirmation email from CASPer. I only found out by checking my status at another school. There isn't a way to check your status (as far as I know, at least), but I got a complete email about a month after I took my CASPer.

I took the August CASPer and got the complete email in early October. (Everything else had already reached them beforehand)

Do they send you a confirmation when they get the first part of your secondary or is the complete email the only one?

Do they send you a confirmation when they get the first part of your secondary or is the complete email the only one?

I got an email that said they had received part I of my application and that they would begin the review process while they awaited my CASPer results

Complete earlier today. Their email said they received part 1 and 2. I did 9/16 casper.

Finally complete a few days ago. Did 9/16 Casper

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, So I finally submitted my secondary yesterday, today at 8am I got an e-mail, "Read Notification: Message has been read", but that's it.So yiu actually got an e-mail that you sent all they needed? I am worried now... I didn't take the test, I just wrote the short essays for part I and II. I e-mailed them together to the same e-mail address, did you? The e-mail I used is [email protected].

I didn't take Casper, I just wrote the short essays in part I and II... anyone else?

Congrats to all those with a II. MCATs please to help out fellow applicants?

for those who recently received a II, can you please share your interview date?

II earlier today, 35 3.88, IS complete a week and half ago

finally got a complete email from here, not really sure how it took so long.. took the july casper

Would it be a good idea to send an letter of interest if I haven't heard anything yet and I really like this school? Or should I wait?

II today! :soexcited:
Complete early October. The interview dates were for early February and early March.

Reactions: 1 users
Can anyone comment on when the interview day runs until?
In the email they said the interview day runs for about 2 to 2.5 hours. The starting time could be either 11 am or 1 pm. Along with the MMI there will be an orientation session, a tour of the facilities, and an informal talk with medical students.

II today!
Completion e-mail received 9/4/15.
Earliest date available for interview 2/1/16.
Private message me for stats.

II today as well. Complete e-mail received on November 8th. Took the September Casper. OOS but my aunt went here so maybe that helped some. All dates offered were in early February.

how bad would it look to not attend the post-interview happy hour? I have work later that night and I can't stay behind...but I also don't want to seem like I'm not interested in the program :(

how bad would it look to not attend the post-interview happy hour? I have work later that night and I can't stay behind...but I also don't want to seem like I'm not interested in the program :(
we didn't even have this on our interview day, everyone left after the interviews. so it shouldn't affect your application at all!

we didn't even have this on our interview day, everyone left after the interviews. so it shouldn't affect your application at all!

Ok cool. could you tell me if the school tour is really 2 hours? i've been on a few interviews and have never had a tour that long lol.

Ok cool. could you tell me if the school tour is really 2 hours? i've been on a few interviews and have never had a tour that long lol.
it wasn't

doesn't matter in the least. it's just a chance for you to meet some students

Reactions: 1 users
I don't get it. I had an interview here but no II from NJMS. If they're both Rutgers, are they separated similar to how the UCs are?

Have any acceptances been received? Judging by last year's thread, the first round was given out around this time

Acceptances will not be going out until Dec 8th

I thought MSAR said 12/15?

Hmmm, yes it does say Dec 15th on MSAR. However from my emails with the committee, they told me that acceptance decisions won't be made until the 8th, perhaps they'll release on the 15th?

they said by the 8th at my interview day too