-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Texas A&M Health Science Center Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
@texaspremed44
Did you prod them about invites? 🙂
No, I definitely should have though ): I'm going to finish up the secondaries in my inbox and then start prodding my schools about when invites will be sent
II this morning!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations!!! Would you mind sharing stats?II this morning!
.
Last edited:
.
Last edited:
Congrats on the II's everyone, I think you're going to love interview day! Aside from the rare, tough interviews, the entire interview day & 2 interviews are really laid back and chill. They really welcome everyone and want you to be there. Side note, friendly reminder for everyone to complete A&M's secondary, YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE INVITED TO DO SO, don't make the mistake of some in the past waiting to receive a secondary invite!
Congratulations!!! Would you mind sharing stats?
LizzyM=71
Sent in my secondary in late May and was under review a day or so after. The interview was set for the day before UTMB, but they are very accommodating with the interview schedule.
Last edited:
Still waiting on going from pending to under review and it's now been 6 weeks, have interviews at other tmdsas schools, think it's time to give them a call?
SO apparently last year they had some issues similar to this, I think it couldn't hurt to call. Does it tell you what you are missing? mine went straight to under review after I submitted, before they even got my committee letter so I'm not sure what the pending status means vs under review it could be similar to last year's issues, you could give the thread a look and see if it is
So to answer my question, I did go ahead and call them and they did have all my stuff but for some reason wasn't put under review, they were more than willing to put it under review, so if anyone runs into that problem it is best to call, but I'd give it a couple weeks and not expect it to be under review right away after submitting.Still waiting on going from pending to under review and it's now been 6 weeks, have interviews at other tmdsas schools, think it's time to give them a call?
II this morning. Transmitted 05/19. Secondary submitted 06/01 and under review status few days later.
Congrats! What are your stats if you don't mind?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Omg! I was worried too, and no I haven't gotten one yet. 6/15.Anyone who submitted around June 15th get an II by any chance[emoji16][emoji12]
Have you? @KKT1992
Omg! I was worried too, and no I haven't gotten one yet. 6/15.
Have you? @KKT1992
Hahaha no that's why I was asking 😛
@KKT1992 hopefully we're the nest batch 🙁🙁
Wow, can I panic yet? I was transmitted in early May and submitted my secondary on May 5th. LizzyM 69.
Congrats to everyone who got interviews!!
Don't panic @Chlorini! At least that's what I'm trying to tell myself. I didn't get one and I think we submitted the same day. We have to believe that our time will come, and there is nothing we can control right now other than our patience.
@Chlorini, I totally get that (because you pretty much wrote down the words I've been thinking, lol). I worked hard to have everything in SO early and here I am, waiting 🙂 I am starting to wonder the same thing or if there's something wrong with one of my letters. BUT I have to believe that we are not out of the running yet. Our credentials seem sufficient for at least an interview, and hopefully our time comes (sooner rather than later would be great, though 🙂 ).
@SweetCaroline7 Yup! Surely we'll hear something sooner or later. If not maybe I'll see you in Florida...haha
lol, yes hopefully FL gives us some love!
I look at your message and think "oh you have nothing to worry about just be patient."Starting to worry as well, secondary submitted 5/26.
IS LizzyM 74
Maybe I should listen to my own advice.
I think the majorityof us are on the same boat.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Working on the secondary. For the first question, would it be a bad idea to mention how I visited a country in the middle east and this caused any uneasiness about that part of the world to go away as they are still people even though the very small minority of them give them a bad rep?
Working on the secondary. For the first question, would it be a bad idea to mention how I visited a country in the middle east and this caused any uneasiness about that part of the world to go away as they are still people even though the very small minority of them give them a bad rep?
Sounds good to me. That would be interesting.
Working on the secondary. For the first question, would it be a bad idea to mention how I visited a country in the middle east and this caused any uneasiness about that part of the world to go away as they are still people even though the very small minority of them give them a bad rep?
Sounds great to me.
Sounds great to me.
Cool thanks. I think it really solidified the importance of cultural relativism to me.
Nope, you don't get to panic at all. Last year, they had interviews into January, invites into December, and I was one of them. Result? Accepted from the waiting list! I move next weekend! Stay calm, guys. This is a lonnnnng process.Wow, can I panic yet? I was transmitted in early May and submitted my secondary on May 5th. LizzyM 69.
Congrats to everyone who got interviews!!
Last edited:
For the "areas of medicine" question, are they looking for specialties or actual areas like underserved, rural, urban, etc.
Me too. Gonna wait till Monday and if it still doesn't work I was gonna call.Is there anyone else who isn't able to pay the secondary application fee? I submitted everything but the website isn't letting me add the $60 to my cart when I go to try to pay the fee.
I talked about specialities I was interested in and I gave a sentence about each explaining why. If they wanted "underserved, rural, etc" I think they would have asked where or whom are you interested in treating 🙂For the "areas of medicine" question, are they looking for specialties or actual areas like underserved, rural, urban, etc.
Please nobody panic yet. I got the e-mail for an interview in like October, interviewed in December, and got accepted 5 days later. For certain had a lower GPA than everyone here. Every year the newest crop of incoming M1's gets antsier and antsier. Going into my M2 year now - we can ALL panic when we're weeks away from taking Step 1.
Believe in your application. Believe in yourself. And if it doesn't happen this year? Be like a good future doc and keep trying anyway.
Believe in your application. Believe in yourself. And if it doesn't happen this year? Be like a good future doc and keep trying anyway.
Please nobody panic yet. I got the e-mail for an interview in like October, interviewed in December, and got accepted 5 days later. For certain had a lower GPA than everyone here. Every year the newest crop of incoming M1's gets antsier and antsier. Going into my M2 year now - we can ALL panic when we're weeks away from taking Step 1.
Believe in your application. Believe in yourself. And if it doesn't happen this year? Be like a good future doc and keep trying anyway.
Do you remember by any chance when your application was complete? (i.e. secondary, submission fee and all)
Also, thank you for the encouraging words 🙂 They really mean allot.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What did you guys put for "Describe any circumstances indicative of some hardship..."? I have no idea .. is it bad to just say "not applicable" ?
You don't need to answer the prompt if you don't have any hardship experience. Each of the prompt does not apply to everyone. You just need to answer the ones that applie to you and put N/A for the ones that doesn't.
You don't need to answer the prompt if you don't have any hardship experience. Each of the prompt does not apply to everyone. You just need to answer the ones that applie to you and put N/A for the ones that doesn't.
OK, but they are just asking for significant disadvantages (educational, medical, financial, etc.) , correct?
OK, but they are just asking for significant disadvantages (educational, medical, financial, etc.) , correct?
True.
Do you remember by any chance when your application was complete? (i.e. secondary, submission fee and all)
Also, thank you for the encouraging words 🙂 They really mean allot.
I believe I completed my entire application by July 1st. I was an out-of-state applicant who assumed everything ran like AMCAS, so big surprise to me when I found out the TMDSAS app opened in May!
Feel free to PM me with application questions or questions about A&M! Good luck to everyone!
Last edited:
:S you didn't complete your application super late though - is it normal to not get interviews until December if the app was completed around 7/1?I believe I completed my entire application by July 1st. I was an out-of-state applicant who assumed everything ran like AMCAS, so big surprise to me when I found out the TMDSAS app opened in May!
Feel free to PM me with application questions or questions about A&M! Good luck to everyone!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 543
- Views
- 156K
