-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Texas A&M Health Science Center Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
:S you didn't complete your application super late though - is it normal to not get interviews until December if the app was completed around 7/1?
Well, I got the interview invite in October. I was schedule in December because I was coming from out-of-state and needed to make arrangements.
I was told by in-staters that July was "late" for Texas - but I took that with a grain of salt.
Because the adcom is so meticulous with their II decisions, it's honestly normal to get an interview at any time in the process. Your date for app completion does not always predict where you will fall in line for an II.
OK, but they are just asking for significant disadvantages (educational, medical, financial, etc.) , correct?
It can be any hardship. Personally, I wrote about a car accident I was in that scared me from driving for a while. So don't feel limited by the prompt. Write about what ever hard ship you've faced, even if it isn't some big tragic thing you've gone through. Personally, I wouldn't leave any of the essays blank. Just give yourself some time to self reflect and I'm sure you'll have something great to write about.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!!! Looks like you're off to a great start of the cycle!II just now - OOS!
Congrats man!!! When did you submit the secondary?II just now - OOS!
congrats to those with II! Can't submit my secondary bc of site maintenance :/
Yay @Cawolf!
good for you! Get you some layne's when you're in town 😉II just now - OOS!
oops
when submitting payment for the secondary they ask for tmdsas pin. Is that the same thing as tmdsas id ?
good for you! Get you some layne's when you're in town 😉
Will do! Edit: Just looked it up, and definitely will do!
And thanks @simplesloth, I am surprised to get any attention from TX schools.
Last edited:
Will do!
And thanks @simplesloth, I am surprised to get any attention from TX schools.
Lol, I had already forgotten that you were OOS.
when submitting payment for the secondary they ask for tmdsas pin. Is that the same thing as tmdsas id ?
Yes it is.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Applying from OOS, got II this morning! I was pretty surprised when I opened my inbox expecting more secondaries 🙂, especially since I feel like I completed my app pretty late.
They have me scheduled for next week, but do you guys think I would be okay rescheduling for mid-August? I go to school nearby, so it would save me a round-trip flight if I just flew over a week in advance and had my interview then. I just don't want to hurt my chances by not interviewing sooner.
They have me scheduled for next week, but do you guys think I would be okay rescheduling for mid-August? I go to school nearby, so it would save me a round-trip flight if I just flew over a week in advance and had my interview then. I just don't want to hurt my chances by not interviewing sooner.
Super exciting! Good luck to all of you guys! 🙂
How do you all feel about the location of the school?
Hoping for an OOS II! Good luck and congrats to everyone already with an interview!
They have me scheduled for next week, but do you guys think I would be okay rescheduling for mid-August? I go to school nearby, so it would save me a round-trip flight if I just flew over a week in advance and had my interview then. I just don't want to hurt my chances by not interviewing sooner.
Congrats!

I think you will be fine to reschedule. They also scheduled me for 7/23 and were very accommodating with the change to a later date. August is still early.
Yeah, might want to save it for after the interview lol. Best of luck though!Hey thanks @SweetCaroline7, @Mavs88 and others.
I am very excited to take a trip to Aggieland! I was not expecting much OOS love.
I submitted my secondary on 5/16.
Do they send II to OOS first?
Ok my bad I didn't even think to look! I submitted a little later than them and everyone else that got II already, so hopefully I'm in next batch or two!
Ok my bad I didn't even think to look! I submitted a little later than them and everyone else that got II already, so hopefully I'm in next batch or two!
The forum is such a small sample size though, who knows if it is representative of the actual applicant pool?
Best of luck.
I agree with you, yeah its a small sample size but with the stats similar to others who have received II, only chronological process makes sense...Ok my bad I didn't even think to look! I submitted a little later than them and everyone else that got II already, so hopefully I'm in next batch or two!
i submitted 6/18, so let's hope I'm in the next batch or two
By areas of interest, do they mean something like "primary care" or do they want specificity?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same, i think the status you just check under BAMF. and hope for the best.Has anyone received any emails from TAMUHSC? I completed and submitted my primary and secondary in early June and the only email I have was a receipt for paying my secondary fee.
Has anyone received any emails from TAMUHSC? I completed and submitted my primary and secondary in early June and the only email I have was a receipt for paying my secondary fee.
No email until II for me.
.
Last edited:
CONGRATS! 🙂 The first one is the best feeling hahaha. Stats?II this AM!!! First one for me!
CHLORINI!!!! Yay 🙂
Sweeet! When did you submit the secondary! 🙂Thanks!!! Lizzym 69. Non-trad.
Early early. Like May 5-6th?Sweeet! When did you submit the secondary! 🙂
Haha I'm so happy for you! 🙂Early early. Like May 5-6th?
I was looking over the interview stuff I received and I came across these dates at the bottom of the parking pass. Looks like they are doing interviews every Thursday through January: 7/23/15, 7/30/15, 8/6/15, 8/13/15, 8/20/15, 8/27/15, 9/3/15, 9/10/15, 9/17/15, 9/24/15, 10/1/15, 10/8/15, 10/15/15, 10/22/15, 10/29/15, 11/12/15, 11/19/15, 12/3/15, 12/10/15, 12/17/15, 1/7/16, 1/14/16, 1/21/16
With interviews coming up next week, for those of you who haven't seen the 2nd post at the beginning of this thread:
For MD applicants: Two 30 minute 1-on-1 interviews. May be interviewed by MD’s, PhD’s, or current upper level students I believe. (open file – they have access to your MCAT, GPA, & app)
The questions from this page and other TX school pages prepared me perfectly for interviews, I highly recommend going over and thinking about some of the questions to better prepare you:
http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/tamushsc-com/survey/26#survey-result (click "questions" and then "show more responses")
Good luck everybody, you're going to do great! Most interviews are very laid back, so be yourself, know your application completely, and reiterate what they liked so much about you in your file! Let me know if you have any questions!
For MD applicants: Two 30 minute 1-on-1 interviews. May be interviewed by MD’s, PhD’s, or current upper level students I believe. (open file – they have access to your MCAT, GPA, & app)
The questions from this page and other TX school pages prepared me perfectly for interviews, I highly recommend going over and thinking about some of the questions to better prepare you:
http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/tamushsc-com/survey/26#survey-result (click "questions" and then "show more responses")
Good luck everybody, you're going to do great! Most interviews are very laid back, so be yourself, know your application completely, and reiterate what they liked so much about you in your file! Let me know if you have any questions!
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing when you were completed/stats?Hey guys just a head up/not trying to freak anyone out, but I just happened to check my status on the portal and I had an II that was sent out on 7/17. I never got an email about it so I'm glad that I looked!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone who submitted late june/early july receive IIs from here or any of the other TX schools?
No, nothing but galveston and is freaking me out.Anyone who submitted late june/early july receive IIs from here or any of the other TX schools?
No, nothing but galveston and is freaking me out.
I am right there with you, just Galveston so far.
I thought mid June wasn't even late. But i guess we just have to wait it out.I am right there with you, just Galveston so far.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 543
- Views
- 156K