-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Tufts University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats!
I interviewed 11/5 and haven't heard anything yet I wonder if that means I'll hear next week or if it means bad news. Hoping for the best tho 🙂
Best of luck. I would give it at least another couple weeks before losing hope - seems like acceptances don't always come out in a linear fashion.
I heard yesterday (!!!!!), but it seems totally possible that they were making their way through people and it was hard to get everyone in before Thanksgiving. My portal hasn't changed, and I haven't gotten an email, so it could just be there was an alphabetical list they started calling yesterday or something. It seemed like a pretty informal thing--they just wanted to let us know their decision because all the paperwork takes a while. I interviewed 11/10.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yup - just received mine. 👍Looks like they're sending the emails now!
Does anyone know around when second look day was last year?
They've already started the second look. I was complete mid-july and I got an interview around 2 weeks ago.Does anyone know around when second look day was last year?
haha no, second look is for students who are accepted that want to visit the school a second time before making their choiceThey've already started the second look. I was complete mid-july and I got an interview around 2 weeks ago.
I received a request from Tufts last week for a letter from my university describing my institutional action (silly alcohol write up sophomore year
). Other schools like Temple & BU requested the letter as soon as I submitted my secondary so I imagine asking for it this late means something. Is there any possibility this is a good sign? Have people gotten pre-II rejections from here?
). Other schools like Temple & BU requested the letter as soon as I submitted my secondary so I imagine asking for it this late means something. Is there any possibility this is a good sign? Have people gotten pre-II rejections from here?Any mid-July completes still in silence? Have a feeling I'll just be getting a rejection in a few months, but would love to interview here!
Complete early July and still in silence!![]()
+2
Anyone interviewing here Thursday? PM me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ii today! complete 8/1
is there a facebook group of accepted students yet?
Not that I know of.is there a facebook group of accepted students yet?
Edit: I just searched and found dental 2020 and undergrad 2020 but nothing for us 🙁. We can contact Emily Condon to be put in touch with current students though so I think I'll just do that.
Last edited:
Congratulations! do you remember the dates that were available??II Finally!!!! Complete back in July
OOS LizzyM ~75
There's like 3 dates still open in December, and then a bunch in Jan/Feb/MarCongratulations! do you remember the dates that were available??
Those who interviewed this week, when did they say you should hear back from the committee?Anyone interviewing here Thursday? PM me.
Committee meets on the 17th. Decisions out first or second week in Jan.Those who interviewed this week, when did they say you should hear back from the committee?
Has anyone gotten an II recently? I was completed early September and haven't heard anything yet.
+1Has anyone gotten an II recently? I was completed early September and haven't heard anything yet.
Interview invite just now. Any tips on preparations, transportation and lodging? Thanks pals. I was complete late August.
Email Emily Condon right now if you want to stay with a student host. She'll send you a list of student hosts, and you'll have to contact them to see if they're able to host you. I didn't know that so I waited until a month before my interview, and all the hosts were already busy 🙁.Interview invite just now. Any tips on preparations, transportation and lodging? Thanks pals. I was complete late August.
If you can't find a host, I stayed at the 40 Berkeley Hostel which is close to Tufts. I think it was 100 dollars per night for a private room which was the crappiest hostel experience I've ever had. There is one toilet and one shower per floor, and they don't seem to ever clean those, but hotels in the area were over 300 per night so I didn't have a choice. Luckily it was pretty convenient, I just took the free bus from the airport to South Station, and from there walked to the hostel (about a 25 minute walk, totally doable with a backpack, and rolling carry-on). And then in the morning it's a 15 minute walk to your interview (which I will admit was a little trickier because I had backpack, purse, carry-on, and was wearing heels and a pencil skirt, so maybe consider taking an uber for like 5 dollars...).
Tufts will store your bags for the day, and then you can just walk back to South Station (10 minutes) and catch the same bus back to the airport, though you will have to pay (I think 3 dollars) this time.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Edit: And congratulations on the interview invite!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The interviewers will have had your file for the week prior to your interview so make sure you know your application.Interview invite just now. Any tips on preparations, transportation and lodging? Thanks pals. I was complete late August.
If you fly into Logan, taxi is the most convenient transport but will run you $25+. If you want to save, take the Silver Line from the airport. It costs $3.
For lodging, there is the HI Boston which is a hostel 1.5 blocks from the school. If you want something more private and traditional, just Priceline "name your price" and you can get something for $85-125 in the Boston Commons or Financial District - you'll have no more than a 15-20 minute walk to the school.
The day ends by 4-4:15. You'll have more than enough time to get back to the airport (via the Silver Line) for a flight that leaves 6:45 or later.
Interview invite just now. Any tips on preparations, transportation and lodging? Thanks pals. I was complete late August.
Congratulations! So envious - I was complete early Sept and, like many of us, are still waiting… would you mind sharing your stats?
Any mid-July completes still in silence? Have a feeling I'll just be getting a rejection in a few months, but would love to interview here!
Yea I was complete mid-july. Lizzy M 76 and I was an undergrad there - I've been told that they interview most of their undergrads so I thought there was a good shot but seems like it's not happening!
This is depressingYea I was complete mid-july. Lizzy M 76 and I was an undergrad there - I've been told that they interview most of their undergrads so I thought there was a good shot but seems like it's not happening!
Don't give up hope my friend. I am completely blown away. Lizzy M 57-60.Yea I was complete mid-july. Lizzy M 76 and I was an undergrad there - I've been told that they interview most of their undergrads so I thought there was a good shot but seems like it's not happening!
Interview invite just now. Any tips on preparations, transportation and lodging? Thanks pals. I was complete late August.
There's a tram that runs from South Station to the airport that I believe costs something like $2.50 to get to Logan airport, so you should definitely take that (South Station is just a 5-7 minute walk from Tufts; they'll give you directions in the folder). I think from Logan to the station it's free, although that might not help you if you're staying farther away from Tufts.
Thank you all for all your directions. I appreciate it a lot. Tufts is definitely great school and I can't wait to meet the awesome folks in person.
I took an Uber from Logan to Chinatown (~$15) and stayed at the Hostel International of Boston which was wayyy more affordable than the Double Tree recommended by Tufts ($60 vs ~$300). HIB is also a 3 min walk from Sackler library which is where you'll spend the entire day. As for the interview, mine were split. One was very Q&A with interview type questions (ie. What are 3 qualities of a leader? Are you a leader?) while the other was like talking to a friend. From what I can tell, Tufts is very traditional from interview day to the curriculum. Not that this is bad, but it means you know what to expect. No curve balls. Solid school. And Boston is a sick city!Interview invite just now. Any tips on preparations, transportation and lodging? Thanks pals. I was complete late August.
Yup, you can grab the Silver Line from the airport for free and it'll take you to South Station (red line). You won't have to pay to transfer to another line or stop if you're going somewhere further. But to the airport it's $2.60 or so - you just buy a Charlie Card at the station, they machines take cards or cash.There's a tram that runs from South Station to the airport that I believe costs something like $2.50 to get to Logan airport, so you should definitely take that (South Station is just a 5-7 minute walk from Tufts; they'll give you directions in the folder). I think from Logan to the station it's free, although that might not help you if you're staying farther away from Tufts.
Boston also has a BUNCH of Ubers and Lyfts around all the time. I live in Boston but I personally took one of those to the interview because of heels, the suit, etc.
In re: to the interviews, mine were SUPER laid back. Both very conversational. I think just looking at the sdn page and reviewing your own app will definitely suffice as preparation. Only thing that was a bit of a bummer was having interviews be the VERY last thing I did. It was quite a long day with lots of information coming at you - would have loved to have the interview earlier on, but of course I understand the interviewer's schedules are quite busy 🙂
Good luck @healthesepeople you'll do great!
Would a flight that departs 5:45pm on the day of the interview be able to accommodate the interview end-time of 4:15? I can hardly find any other flight time that is reasonably within budget apart from this one. Thank you!
If you take a cab right from the interview at 4:15 you'll get to the airport at 4:35 on a good day and your plane will finish boarding at like 5:30. Risky but doable. I'd personally get a later flight.Would a flight that departs 5:45pm on the day of the interview be able to accommodate the interview end-time of 4:15? I can hardly find any other flight time that is reasonably within budget apart from this one. Thank you!
If you take a cab right from the interview at 4:15 you'll get to the airport at 4:35 on a good day and your plane will finish boarding at like 5:30. Risky but doable. I'd personally get a later flight.
Definitely a risk, Boston can have pretty bad traffic, especially at that time.
I won't take the risk. I'll leave later. Thanks all.
No confirmation. It'll show up as being in your additional documents tab.Has anyone uploaded an update/memo to the Tufts portal? Wondering if they send confirmation that they've received it…
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Coming up on 5 months after being complete 07/30 without hearing a thing haha
dittoComing up on 5 months after being complete 07/30 without hearing a thing haha
Ditto dittoditto
+3Ditto ditto
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
