-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Tufts University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
II this morning. Any advice for traveling and interview day?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats. When were you complete?II this morning. Any advice for traveling and interview day?
Complete 8/5Congrats. When were you complete?
What part of the world are you traveling from?II this morning. Any advice for traveling and interview day?
I will be flying from California.What part of the world are you traveling from?
Well hello fellow Californian....I will be flying from California.
Flights:
I flew LAX-BOS on American. They, Delta and JetBlue do a lot of west coast flights into Logan.
Hotels:
I used Priceline "name your price" both when I interviewed this year and last and got a hotel around $130 for the night (with tax). The first time was as the Boston Park Plaza, but they were doing renovations, hence the low cost. This year, I stayed at the Omni Parker House*. Both are walking distance (5-15 minutes) to the med school. There is also the HI Hostel that is 1.5 blocks from the school. It's cheaper but doesn't give you the quiet, relaxing setting that a private hotel room does.
(*Kind of a famous hotel. Parker House Rolls were invented here as well as the Boston Cream Pie. It was also the location of JFK's bachelor party and is supposedly haunted)
Transport:
You have two options, taxi or Metro. The taxi will run you about $30 each way. The Metro is $4 each way. Your packet will have instructions about how to get to Logan after the interview and Ms. Condon will also help guide you back. I preferred taking a taxi when I got there simply because I was too lazy to have to find the right bus, platform, etc.
Misc:
I preferred to leave in the AM so I arrived between 3-4pm. That gave me time to check-in to the hotel, grab dinner, walk around (I did a walk to Tufts to gauge travel time in the morning) and get to sleep at a reasonable hour. Some good food options are Jacob Wirth (german food), Tip Tap Room (gastro pub), MAST (Italian). If your flight is after 6:30pm, you should have no problem getting there on time when the day ends.
Interview Day:
The morning is all introduction - curriculum, research, diversity, financial aid,. You'll have lunch with MS1 & MS2. They then split you in two groups, one does their interviews first, the other gets the tour. You then switch. As soon as that's done, you're done.
Good luck! If you have other questions, feel free to DM me.
Well hello fellow Californian....
Flights:
I flew LAX-BOS on American. They, Delta and JetBlue do a lot of west coast flights into Logan.
Hotels:
I used Priceline "name your price" both when I interviewed this year and last and got a hotel around $130 for the night (with tax). The first time was as the Boston Park Plaza, but they were doing renovations, hence the low cost. This year, I stayed at the Omni Parker House*. Both are walking distance (5-15 minutes) to the med school. There is also the HI Hostel that is 1.5 blocks from the school. It's cheaper but doesn't give you the quiet, relaxing setting that a private hotel room does.
(*Kind of a famous hotel. Parker House Rolls were invented here as well as the Boston Cream Pie. It was also the location of JFK's bachelor party and is supposedly haunted)
Transport:
You have two options, taxi or Metro. The taxi will run you about $30 each way. The Metro is $4 each way. Your packet will have instructions about how to get to Logan after the interview and Ms. Condon will also help guide you back. I preferred taking a taxi when I got there simply because I was too lazy to have to find the right bus, platform, etc.
Misc:
I preferred to leave in the AM so I arrived between 3-4pm. That gave me time to check-in to the hotel, grab dinner, walk around (I did a walk to Tufts to gauge travel time in the morning) and get to sleep at a reasonable hour. Some good food options are Jacob Wirth (german food), Tip Tap Room (gastro pub), MAST (Italian). If your flight is after 6:30pm, you should have no problem getting there on time when the day ends.
Interview Day:
The morning is all introduction - curriculum, research, diversity, financial aid,. You'll have lunch with MS1 & MS2. They then split you in two groups, one does their interviews first, the other gets the tour. You then switch. As soon as that's done, you're done.
Good luck! If you have other questions, feel free to DM me.
Completely agree with all of this. As for the T (subway), if you want to do that, the silver line out of the airport is a bus, which will connect you to the red line. If you are staying at or near Omni Parker House, you can take the red line to Park Street stop, which is right by the hotel/Tremont street or even stay on the silver line since it goes right by the Tufts Medical Center. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case you want to do that for a few $$. Good luck!! Hopefully there won't be too much snow on the ground 😛
Agree with this. Also, find some other SDNers who are interviewing that day as well. Omni Parker has some double bed rooms if you want to save on cost. Or at the very least, have someone to grab a drink with the night before!Completely agree with all of this. As for the T (subway), if you want to do that, the silver line out of the airport is a bus, which will connect you to the red line. If you are staying at or near Omni Parker House, you can take the red line to Park Street stop, which is right by the hotel/Tremont street or even stay on the silver line since it goes right by the Tufts Medical Center. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case you want to do that for a few $$. Good luck!! Hopefully there won't be too much snow on the ground 😛
Anyone interviewing tomorrow, the 5th?
From last year's thread (with the exception of acceptance), it looks like Tufts only defers people post-interview instead of waitlisting or rejecting them. Are they still doing that this year?
Congrats! Completion date?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys - has anyone heard any word about MPHs? I thought at the interview day they said it would be ~2 weeks after hearing from the MD acceptance...
I got into the MD/MPH about 2.5 weeks after being accepted MD (accepted MD 10/15)
ah ok, thanks! I got accepted right before Christmas/New Years so looks like it might take a little longer for me.I got into the MD/MPH about 2.5 weeks after being accepted MD (accepted MD 10/15)
Good luck today. You should be in the middle of killing one of your interviews right now.Anyone interviewing tomorrow want to grab some dinner?
Edit - I found the answer to my question
Received a II today! Complete 8/19. Lots of interview dates still open from January - March. Good luck everyone!
Congratulations! I would give a limb for an interview here. Complete early August as well and still waiting...
Did anyone else get an email from certiphi today to start the background check process?
Did anyone else get an email from certiphi today to start the background check process?
Yes I got one this morning also!
Did anyone else get an email from certiphi today to start the background check process?
I did..but for SUNY Upstate
How do you know for SUNY specifically? Mine didn't say the school, just something more ambiguous.I did..but for SUNY Upstate
I didn't. I hope they'll email me soon because I had to do certiphi for my job and that took an entire month because I lived abroad... Better get started early.Did anyone else get an email from certiphi today to start the background check process?
How do you know for SUNY specifically? Mine didn't say the school, just something more ambiguous.
Yeah no mention of a specific school, it just said it's for the schools you are holding acceptances and/or waitlists at.
They probably do them in batches to reduce work load.I didn't. I hope they'll email me soon because I had to do certiphi for my job and that took an entire month because I lived abroad... Better get started early.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How do you know for SUNY specifically? Mine didn't say the school, just something more ambiguous.
it could only be one for me 🙂
Withdrawing my app (deferred) because I'm going to BU next year. Best of luck to you all!
Still awaiting a II decision, applied 8/17. Looks like it's crunch time if 8/19's got their II. MCAT 34/GPA 3.9
+1Did anyone else get an email from certiphi today to start the background check process?
Complete in July. Still hanging out.
Hi Tufts!!
Hi Tufts!!

Nothing yet.... You got your decision around XMas right?Did anyone else get an email from certiphi today to start the background check process?
early nov, the CBCs are coming in batchesNothing yet.... You got your decision around XMas right?
I got in the same day as pii (early November) and got the certiphi email yesterday.Nothing yet.... You got your decision around XMas right?
+1I got in the same day as pii (early November) and got the certiphi email yesterday.
Have rejections pre-interview been sent out yet?
Yeah, some people were rejected in November, I know that and I think a few in early december? But yes, they do send out pre-II rejections. Although I am not sure how many people are in a rejection pile and just have not been informed.Have rejections pre-interview been sent out yet?
If it means anything to you, I submitted around 8/13 and have not heard a peep.
Their website says that all applicants will be informed of their application (either II or rejected) by March 31st.I apologize in advance if this has already been asked, but does anyone know when Tufts stops offering II? Thanks 🙂
But I want to know now 🙁Their website says that all applicants will be informed of their application (either II or rejected) by March 31st.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Background check arrived this morning.
Background check arrived this morning.
What's with the question, "China Government ID:"? No, I am not Chinese.
Been complete since November...any recent II's?
+1Background check arrived this morning.
D
deleted674723
How did you all send thank you notes? I figured there would be an email on the little description sheet for each interviewer but there isn't an email. Do I upload them through the secondary app? Mail them to admissions?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K