-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Tufts University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yea, if they're going to reject us they should just get it over with.Hmmm Why is this thread so slow? Have not very many Interview Invites been sent out? I was complete late July here and alas, no love from Tufts :<
Hmmm Why is this thread so slow? Have not very many Interview Invites been sent out? I was complete late July here and alas, no love from Tufts :<
Last year there was a slew of II's sent out pretty regularly after Oct 15. Not sure if this was coincidence or by design, but hang in there. Mine last year came totally unexpected.
Last edited:
I respectfully disagree with you. The interview is more than about personality or how you interview. I would say more, but I prefer to keep some anonymity since I'm still applying.
In large part it is about revealing any major red flags that don't show up on paper, and these tend to be personality related. The typical example is the brilliant test taker who no one can stand because of arrogance. From my discussions with students and faculty on the committee a lot of it is, as was stated above, about being someone that will be able to interact well with patients and coworkers. Even in MMI interviews or ones where they lose complex questions it is not about getting the "right" answer, it is about seeing how you think through a problem and react to a situation.
Yes, there may be some fact checking or discussions of red flags which is important for some applicants, but this I would say this is less relevant for the general applicant pool.
I still have my fingers crossed for an II. Been complete since mid July or so.
How did you word your updates? For example, if I had an abstract accepted to a symposium, should I simply upload my abstract? Or have an explanation of the symposium, etc.?
Also, is the interview blind or open file? Thanks! 🙂
The interview is open file. Not sure about the update..someone else might have better input!
Just my $0.02, but put a cover letter on the abstract. I may be old-school in that regard, but formality and professionalism goes a long way. Also, if it isn't addressed already in your primary, give background on how long you've been working on it, what the symposium is, etc.How did you word your updates? For example, if I had an abstract accepted to a symposium, should I simply upload my abstract? Or have an explanation of the symposium, etc.?
Also, is the interview blind or open file? Thanks! 🙂
Guys! Just got the call from Dean Neumeyer!! So so so happy!
Congratulations!! When did you interview?Guys! Just got the call from Dean Neumeyer!! So so so happy!
Congratulations!! When did you interview?
I interviewed 9/24. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear!!!! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted!! Interviewed late september!!
MarcyTweets killing the game everywhere! Congratulations. I don't know you but I'm so happy for you lol!Accepted!! Interviewed late september!!
MarcyTweets killing the game everywhere! Congratulations. I don't know you but I'm so happy for you lol!
Ahh thank you so much!!! I was seriously just hoping for 1 acceptance...definitely didn't expect to get 5! I can't wait to read about everyone else's acceptances!! We've all worked so hard, so I know they're coming!! Good luck everyone

Same 🙁Just got deferred. Incredibly disappointed. Thought I had a good shot here. 🙁
Can't help but tear up. Was really hoping for some good news today.
Keep your head up sharkbyte! From the looks of it, you got some more interviews lined up and you are an applicant that I am SURE will get in to one of the other amazing schools you're going to visit! You got this 😀
.
Last edited:
From my understanding being deferred isn't as horrible as it seems, as you are still in contention to be accepted! Remember you still got an interview which means they genuinely like your application, and may just be waiting to see what other kinds of applications come later/they don't want to just fill the entire class too earlyJust got deferred. Incredibly disappointed. Thought I had a good shot here. 🙁
I don't mean to be pessimistic but from my understanding (almost) no one has been accepted off deferral in the past few years. Just being realistic.From my understanding being deferred isn't as horrible as it seems, as you are still in contention to be accepted! Remember you still got an interview which means they genuinely like your application, and may just be waiting to see what other kinds of applications come later/they don't want to just fill the entire class too early
Was that told to you by the committee? I interviewed here earlier this week and that wasn't the impression they gave me.I don't mean to be pessimistic but from my understanding (almost) no one has been accepted off deferral in the past few years. Just being realistic.
I also interviewed there but this is what I've gathered from SDN and talking with previous applicants. Could be wrong, my apologiesWas that told to you by the committee? I interviewed here earlier this week and that wasn't the impression they gave me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
.
Last edited:
Alright, I'm sort of confused.
Is it that Tufts barely accepts anyone who has INITIALLY been deferred? Or is it that Tufts barely accepts anyone who has been deferred and THEN waitlisted?
I know that the majority of pre-meds are not on SDN, but considering that there were 3-4 interview days in September and at least 20-25 people at each interview day, it seems weird that only 4 people reported acceptances here today. Maybe I'm being excessively neurotic but since Tufts' post-interview acceptance rate is over 50%, I would think we would have heard more acceptances.
Is it that Tufts barely accepts anyone who has INITIALLY been deferred? Or is it that Tufts barely accepts anyone who has been deferred and THEN waitlisted?
I know that the majority of pre-meds are not on SDN, but considering that there were 3-4 interview days in September and at least 20-25 people at each interview day, it seems weird that only 4 people reported acceptances here today. Maybe I'm being excessively neurotic but since Tufts' post-interview acceptance rate is over 50%, I would think we would have heard more acceptances.
Alright, I'm sort of confused.
Is it that Tufts barely accepts anyone who has INITIALLY been deferred? Or is it that Tufts barely accepts anyone who has been deferred and THEN waitlisted?
I know that the majority of pre-meds are not on SDN, but considering that there were 3-4 interview days in September and at least 20-25 people at each interview day, it seems weird that only 4 people reported acceptances here today. Maybe I'm being excessively neurotic but since Tufts' post-interview acceptance rate is over 50%, I would think we would have heard more acceptances.
I think SDN is just not an appropriate sample size. And it is 50% of total interviewed that get accepted but they don't ration out only 50% acceptances each committee. If 100% of the applicants are qualified then 100% get accepted, if only 4 are then only 4 get accepted in theory.
Keep your head up though!
.
Last edited:
hey everyone, my app has said "Ready!" with a green check mark by it since back on 7/26. I can't figure out if they just aren't reviewing me because at one point I did my post bacc at Boston University SOM and since they have their own post bac they are committed to only take their own...or what the deal it but it seems strange that it doesn't at least say that it is under review. Funny thing is, I didn't even apply to boston U for med school so if that is the reason I wish they would make it a non-reason 😉
Is there a way to update Maine Track admission directly other than uploading to the portal—I assume those would go primarily to the Boston campus? I emailed Patti White but am curious if anyone here knows anything. Thanks!
I feel like Tufts is still very early in the interview process. Looking at the thread I have mainly seen people being interviewed who were complete before 7/20. Thus, I am assuming that they will be sending many more iis in the coming weeks for people post 7/20. What do you guys thinks???
I feel like Tufts is still very early in the interview process. Looking at the thread I have mainly seen people being interviewed who were complete before 7/20. Thus, I am assuming that they will be sending many more iis in the coming weeks for people post 7/20. What do you guys thinks???
Possibly! I was complete 7/17, nothing yet from them. Do they do rejections in batches at the end of the cycle? Anyone know?
Is there no happy hour or anything else like that? Just the interview day events?
Edit: Also, do they provide breakfast?
Edit: Also, do they provide breakfast?
Last edited:
Is there no happy hour or anything else like that? Just the interview day events?
Edit: Also, do they provide breakfast?
Interview day runs from 9:45 AM to ~4:15 PM with presentations, lunch, a tour, and the interviews. Breakfast isn't officially provided but I think they had coffee and some other drinks when we entered the conference room in the morning. There's a cafe on the 4th floor of the same building where interviews are held.
I feel like Tufts is still very early in the interview process. Looking at the thread I have mainly seen people being interviewed who were complete before 7/20. Thus, I am assuming that they will be sending many more iis in the coming weeks for people post 7/20. What do you guys thinks???
This whole process has been clinging to little straws of hope. If this is what makes you feel good then sure why not think that way. But then some of us have been complete since 7/9 and there has been pin drop silence. Good luck to you @gokucool3
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How are others dealing with thank you notes? Sending them via snail mail to the address provided or uploading to patient portal?
Faculty interviewer gave me his card so I emailed him. Going to add a thank you to admissions office and interviewers to include my student interviewer in my update letter this weekHow are others dealing with thank you notes? Sending them via snail mail to the address provided or uploading to patient portal?
So I interviewed here in early October, and they told me that the admissions committee was meeting on the 27th to discuss the applicants. I uploaded an update letter right after my interview, but now, as I think back on it, I feel like I could have included more details/written certain parts differently, etc. Would it be weird/looked down upon if I deleted that update and uploaded a different one? It gives that option on the portal and I'm just not used to this much control in my life...hahaha
Today, I deleted mine like 1 minute after I uploaded it to fix a spelling error - it was after closing hours. I think your fine. I bet they have to actively go onto the portal and download it so they probably don't do that close to the review date. You can always call and politely ask.So I interviewed here in early October, and they told me that the admissions committee was meeting on the 27th to discuss the applicants. I uploaded an update letter right after my interview, but now, as I think back on it, I feel like I could have included more details/written certain parts differently, etc. Would it be weird/looked down upon if I deleted that update and uploaded a different one? It gives that option on the portal and I'm just not used to this much control in my life...hahaha
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
