2015-2016 University of California - Davis Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
None yet :( hope they're doing it in batches! either that or the UCs really don't like me hahaha

Don't worry!! It's still extremely early in the process so I'm sure more and more people will be getting it soon :) Davis is the only UC I've heard from besides confirmation emails from UCLA and UCSD (UCSD also sent this sketchy email about giving them our SSN though hmmhmmm)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Don't worry!! It's still extremely early in the process so I'm sure more and more people will be getting it soon :) Davis is the only UC I've heard from besides confirmation emails from UCLA and UCSD (UCSD also sent this sketchy email about giving them our SSN though hmmhmmm)

The UCSD ssn thing reminds me of another school that basically wanted a copy of my passport..needless to say I was really paranoid about it hahaha.

Is anyone else having problems with the supplemental? I can't figure out how to add more than one experience

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else having problems with the supplemental? I can't figure out how to add more than one experience
+1

EDIT: Oops, if you scroll underneath the "supplemental home" and "instructions", you'll see an option to enter experience #2 and #3 in faint red letters.

Last edited:
No secondary yet. Please love me, Davis. :(

The UCSD ssn thing reminds me of another school that basically wanted a copy of my passport..needless to say I was really paranoid about it hahaha.

Hahah yeahh, understandably! I like how UCSD even said something along the lines of "we understand this sounds sketch af but trust us we're legit"

Reactions: 3 users
okay dumb question

how long was the wait between the initial email that primary was received...and the email about the secondary notification?

okay dumb question

how long was the wait between the initial email that primary was received...and the email about the secondary notification?

Got the two emails at the same time. Makes me wonder if there was even a screening? Though I hear all UCs screen...

I think UCD might have already screened some people before they sent the email since UCD is relatively late in sending out secondaries...

anyone having trouble accessing to the sub menu for the track program? i clicked yes on one oif them but i dont see where i can answer the questios for the programs

Got the secondary this morning! Received the secondary email one minute after the "application received email!"

@phuynh94 It's because you only got a 40 and not a 45! Shame on you!

Jk! :) You'll get it soon I hope! I'm unaware of their screening method though

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the secondary this morning! Received the secondary email one minute after the "application received email!"

@phuynh94 It's because you only got a 40 and not a 45! Shame on you!

Jk! :) You'll get it soon I hope! I'm unaware of their screening method though
/properlyshamed.

Congrats on receiving the secondary, @sharkbyte !! Best of luck on your cycle!

I think UCD might have already screened some people before they sent the email since UCD is relatively late in sending out secondaries...

Have any of the other UCs sent out secondaries?? *goes to check*
Lol hehe well looks like UCSF and UCLA have sent out secondaries...fingers crossed for those. Haven't really heard anything from UCSF though :(

Have any of the other UCs sent out secondaries?? *goes to check*
Lol hehe well looks like UCSF and UCLA have sent out secondaries...fingers crossed for those. Haven't really heard anything from UCSF though :(

I got UCD and UCLA. Still no love from UCSF. :(

For the units earned section, if we were on a quarter system, do we input the qrt or semester units?
I ended up reasoning that they will convert with the semester/quarter classification, so I put the appropriate units with the classification I have.

Does anyone else have only one experience in the experiences section? It says that there are supposed to be 3 experiences, but it only gives me space to write one and I'm super confused. Anyone else?

In addition, for the track programs it says that once you select yes, a sub menu will pop up with more essays to write. When I hit yes, nothing happens. Does anyone else have this problem?

Does anyone else have only one experience in the experiences section? It says that there are supposed to be 3 experiences, but it only gives me space to write one and I'm super confused. Anyone else?

Haven't accessed the secondary yet but have you tried using a different browser?

In addition, for the track programs it says that once you select yes, a sub menu will pop up with more essays to write. When I hit yes, nothing happens. Does anyone else have this problem?
In the menu bar up top, mouse over under Home. The additional essays tabs pop up, but they blend in with the menu bar color :eggface: I spent so much time looking for it haha

Yes :( I tried Firefox, Safari, and Chrome. It seems one other poster above had the same problem!

Thanks for the help guys! As for the other part, does anyone have the same problem with only being given space for one experience despite them saying that there should be 3 experiences? This is what mine looks like: after I hit save, there is no other space for the other 2 experiences. Did you guys all get space for 3 experiences?
Davis Secondary Application.jpg

Thanks for the help guys! As for the other part, does anyone have the same problem with only being given space for one experience despite them saying that there should be 3 experiences? This is what mine looks like: after I hit save, there is no other space for the other 2 experiences. Did you guys all get space for 3 experiences?View attachment 193973
Davis Secondary Application.jpg

I did the same thing as I did on AMCAS, just wrote June 2016!

If my experiences are still ongoing what should I put as the end date?
I called the Admissions Office. I was told to list the date you submit the application as your end date if an activity is on-going.

Does anyone know if the admissions committee looks at your LORs when they do the screen for the secondary? Or are the LORs taken into consideration only after the secondary is submitted?

Does anyone know if the admissions committee looks at your LORs when they do the screen for the secondary? Or are the LORs taken into consideration only after the secondary is submitted?

They do not look at your LORs at all until your secondary is complete.

Reapplicant here. Davis is my dream school and I'd be ecstatic to get an II this year! Still waiting for my AMCAS app to be verified, which will hopefully happen this week...

" Discuss any elements of your application that you feel might be concerning to the Admissions Committee."

For this question, is it okay to just leave it blank?

" Discuss any elements of your application that you feel might be concerning to the Admissions Committee."

For this question, is it okay to just leave it blank?
lol literally scroll up

Got mine today? Do you know how many secondaries they grant? I heard 1800 from 1 source. What do ya think?

Got mine today? Do you know how many secondaries they grant? I heard 1800 from 1 source. What do ya think?
They have an automatic system with certain cutoffs, which gives you a secondary right away if you pass them; however, if you don't make those cutoffs, your app will be read anyways and then they'll decide whether or not to send secondary.

ETA: # secondaries sent a couple years ago was ~3800, don't know about last year's numbers.

They have an automatic system with certain cutoffs, which gives you a secondary right away if you pass them; however, if you don't make those cutoffs, your app will be read anyways and then they'll decide whether or not to send secondary.

ETA: # secondaries sent a couple years ago was ~3800, don't know about last year's numbers.
Those must be very high numerical cut-off's...:p

I think they have a tendency to only accept in state students, but they don't have a policy against it.

There are several people from out of state in my class, but there is a strong preference for in-state students.

Those must be very high numerical cut-off's...:p
Actually, I don't believe they are (at least for IS). With my stats, I would know...;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I doubt it's numerical cutoffs, I'm basically 10th percentile for mcat and gpa.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if we can submit the secondaries before receiving all of our LOR's? I'm still waiting on 1 letter which should be done by next week, but would like to submit as early as possible. Thanks in advance!

Reapplying. Take me back Davis, I'm a changed man, I swear! I need my UCD.

Hey guys, I saw that someone mentioned that you can leave the 1st essay blank. Would you guys say it's advantageous to talk about a grade on your transcript that's below a "B" (a B- in 2nd semester Ochem)?

Hey guys, I saw that someone mentioned that you can leave the 1st essay blank. Would you guys say it's advantageous to talk about a grade on your transcript that's below a "B" (a B- in 2nd semester Ochem)?
I would think not.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone been able to submit the secondary yet? I am done with with mine and already paid the secondary fee yet my portal continues to say that my secondary is not complete. Any advice?

Submitted within a few hours of it going live without a problem.

Has anyone been able to submit the secondary yet? I am done with with mine and already paid the secondary fee yet my portal continues to say that my secondary is not complete. Any advice?
I just submitted mine and it said the same thing as what you are saying. I'm guessing perhaps there is some kind of processing delay due to high volume of submissions. Check the status again tomorrow.