2015-2016 University of Central Florida Application Thread

Started by REL
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Is a pre-interview invite update not a great idea? I'm trying to let them know I'm still alive and very much interested.
 
Is a pre-interview invite update not a great idea? I'm trying to let them know I'm still alive and very much interested.
From what I have heard from advisors, it would be best in December, even if it is pre interview. Im not an expert, but that is just what I have heard. Maybe some other people can weigh in as well.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is a pre-interview invite update not a great idea? I'm trying to let them know I'm still alive and very much interested.

I think it's actually a great idea. From what I've heard showing your interest early on can be beneficial...if you've been EFI for a certain amount of time then it can only help to submit an update, as long as it's significant. Maybe if you have new grades or a new EC, I'm sure that warrants an update 🙂
 
I think it's actually a great idea. From what I've heard showing your interest early on can be beneficial...if you've been EFI for a certain amount of time then it can only help to submit an update, as long as it's significant. Maybe if you have new grades or a new EC, I'm sure that warrants an update 🙂

Ya, but for the most part I've only continued my previous EC obligations in addition to picking up a job as a medical scribe. I've been traveling around the U.S. lately, but that's pretty much it. Already finished my research earlier this year and graduated last December. Hmmm...not much to update on.
 
Ya, but for the most part I've only continued my previous EC obligations in addition to picking up a job as a medical scribe. I've been traveling around the U.S. lately, but that's pretty much it. Already finished my research earlier this year and graduated last December. Hmmm...not much to update on.
Scribing is definitely an update! That's clinical and work experience, so you can definitely use that to update.
 
I have been in the AORTA - Eligible for interview selection for about two months now. Am I the only one in this boat? Or should I just accept the fact that I'll get an interview when it's too late?

You are not the only one in this boat; I've also been AORTA - EFI for about two months. I would be happy with an interview at UCF, even if it is later on. As the old saying goes, 'it ain't over until it's over'.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was complete in late July and AORTA shortly thereafter...just received an II today! So it takes them a while but its okay 😀 you're still in the running!
I have been in the AORTA - Eligible for interview selection for about two months now. Am I the only one in this boat? Or should I just accept the fact that I'll get an interview when it's too late?
 
I am just beginning to make calls to the group that interviewed on Monday, 10/19.
Hi REL, I know it's still very early but I was just curious if UCF creates Facebook groups for accepted students? Thanks!
 
I have been on AORTA since July, and today I checked my secondary portal and my status is gone. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm not sure what it means.

*Update: Never mind. I refreshed my page and it came back haha
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
would it be appropriate to call admission and kind of get an idea of where I stand as far as priority to interview? My status recently changed to AORTA/EFI, and I've continually heard that UCF has been very transparent and open so far about their admissions process. @REL ? any thoughts?
 
would it be appropriate to call admission and kind of get an idea of where I stand as far as priority to interview? My status recently changed to AORTA/EFI, and I've continually heard that UCF has been very transparent and open so far about their admissions process. @REL ? any thoughts?
I would hold off. There are still plenty of interview dates but EFI does not guarantee an interview. It seems that they periodically meet and choose from the EFI pool for interview invites just as they do for interviewees to be accepted/wait listed. If the interview dates are coming to a close then you might cal but they'll continue into February so there's still time it seems.
 
Is submitting the primary and receiving secondary all within twenty-four hours a good thing?
 
Last edited:
Accepted today after being on the "not yet accepted" waitlist since 10/15!! Interviewed 9/25, OOS. REALLY loved this school on interview day! 🙂

congrats, its nice to know that there is waitlist movement before may.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@REL , How harshly does the committee look upon any black marks, especially those from almost a decade ago?
 
@REL , How harshly does the committee look upon any black marks, especially those from almost a decade ago?
Depends, but in general, non-repeated, non-felony activities will not normally be a problem, likely be identified as a lack of maturity and a teaching/learning moment.