2015-2016 University of South Carolina - Greenville Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah looks like a good list to me! @Greenvillain I'm not positive about what residency program I would want to match in, but I have a somewhat interest in neurology (not neurological surgery though). I didn't see any of those matches on the list. Do you know if anyone tried to match neurology this year? If you have time, please PM me to discuss further too!

I don't believe anyone tried to match neurology. What I (and those I've talked to about it) witnessed during our neuro rotation is that all the neurologists were exhausted and unhappy, so we stayed away from it. I'm sure that varies from institution to institution, though.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed two weeks ago and they said March was their last round of interviews and we will know our decisions by the end of March. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed two weeks ago and they said March was their last round of interviews and we will know our decisions by the end of March. Hope this helps!

Good to know! Is Greenville a top choice of yours?

Members don't see this ad :)
I've got a friend that got denied a scholarship via email a couple weeks ago, and I haven't heard anything yet. Has anyone heard anything about actually getting a scholarship? Trying to figure out if the silence is good or not. . .

I've got a friend that got denied a scholarship via email a couple weeks ago, and I haven't heard anything yet. Has anyone heard anything about actually getting a scholarship? Trying to figure out if the silence is good or not. . .

The silence may be a good thing. I got a call from Casey on the 1st of March where I got a scholarship from the school. The caveat is that I was an early decision, so my timeline could be different from that of regular applicants.

The silence may be a good thing. I got a call from Casey on the 1st of March where I got a scholarship from the school. The caveat is that I was an early decision, so my timeline could be different from that of regular applicants.

I also was offered a scholarship on March 1st, and I was a regular applicant (complete in August, accepted in December). @TheRealZwitter I would imagine silence means they just haven't reviewed your scholarship application yet. You should have gotten a denial email if they already reviewed it and did not offer you anything.

So you're saying there is a chance that I might still be interviewed .... :D ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Rejected today, OOS. Figured the axe was coming, hadn't heard a peep since July...

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have heard back about a rejection, was it by email or snail mail? I have my home address instead of my local address listed.

Hope you guys still go somewhere awesome!

I'm thinking this is the week they give out final acceptances and formulate the waitlist. Good luck to everyone that is still being evaluated!

Has anyone been accepted (this year or previous years) with an MCAT score of less than 505 (or whatever the equivalent score for the old one was)? I feel as though that's my weakest point and although they say they aren't too picky about that, it's still discouraging.

I know people that have been accepted with 502s

Interviewed here yesterday, they confirmed it was the last interview date (3/29). So, if you haven't been invited for an interview chances are you will receive a rejection sometime soon. They also said they are forming the waitlist at this time and notify you what section you are in (by thirds - upper third, middle third, lower third).

Interviewed here yesterday, they confirmed it was the last interview date (3/29). So, if you haven't been invited for an interview chances are you will receive a rejection sometime soon. They also said they are forming the waitlist at this time and notify you what section you are in (by thirds - upper third, middle third, lower third).
Thanks! I had an interview in December and got the "continue to evaluate" email. Do you know if they're offering anymore acceptances or just wait listing/rejecting?

Thanks! I had an interview in December and got the "continue to evaluate" email. Do you know if they're offering anymore acceptances or just wait listing/rejecting?
I interviewed here about two weeks ago and was given the impression that the only spots left are for the waitlist.

Congrats! Any other news? Waitlist or Rejection?

Interviewed March 7th, said they would let me know before April, so I was hoping I'd get notified today either way. Anyone else waiting on news?

I just got a rejection email but it didn't say anything about the waitlist. Does anyone know if it's still being made or did i just not make it?

Also accepted by phone today! Good luck, everyone!

I just got a rejection email but it didn't say anything about the waitlist. Does anyone know if it's still being made or did i just not make it?
When did you interview? They sent me a "continue to evaluate" shortly after my interview but made sure to say it wasn't a rejection. I haven't gotten anything at all since then.

When did you interview? They sent me a "continue to evaluate" shortly after my interview but made sure to say it wasn't a rejection. I haven't gotten anything at all since then.
October.

I just got an e-mail saying I've been placed on the wait list, so looks like final decisions are going out now!

I got the wait list e-mail today, so I'm afraid it's the latter.

Lower third for me, so not very likely :( Congrats to everyone who got in and good luck to those on the wait list!

Can someone explain to me how the waitlist goes. I know there is a lower, middle, and upper third. What is the order that they actually go by? upper third first? I was given the middle third. Any feedback would be amazing :)

I'm in the top third of the wait list. Does anyone know how many get in off the wait list historically?

Can someone explain to me how the waitlist goes. I know there is a lower, middle, and upper third. What is the order that they actually go by? upper third first? I was given the middle third. Any feedback would be amazing :)

It goes too third then middle then lower third. They change within the groups though with OOS and IS, so could be some flexibility

Top third of waitlist.

Just withdrew my application from Greenville. Good luck to everyone!

Anyone have any idea how many people are wait listed or how many people from the wait list are accepted? This was my favorite school!

IS waitlist top third. Hope there is a lot of movement this year

Last edited:
Does anyone know how Greenville views additional LOR? I've been wait listed and the physician I work for has offered to write me a letter, but I don't want him to waste his time if it won't really make a difference in the long run.

Does anyone know how Greenville views additional LOR? I've been wait listed and the physician I work for has offered to write me a letter, but I don't want him to waste his time if it won't really make a difference in the long run.

Not sure if it will help or not; it probably wouldn't hurt at all. But I was at the spring preview where the dean came and spoke with us. He seemed to imply that they will probably add more people off of the waitlist as people make their final decision. So it is not over yet if you're on the waitlist.

Anyone willing to share what scholarships packages offered to OOS accepted candidates? M1 tuition is staggering!

Besides the scholarship application in February, has anyone received information about tuition and financial aid?

Loans info should be up on the SSC website. Got called in late march about scholarship stuff.

Withdrew earlier this morning. Good Luck all!!

Anyone found a decent place to live yet? Still weighing my options and looking for a roommate.

I haven't heard anything yet. I'm still hoping for a chance. They seemed to not have done any movement at all since the last email at the beginning of April.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile