You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Albany Medical College Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
.
Last edited:
.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Right. And when people drop because another school took them off the waitlist then another spot will open.I emailed AMC about potential movement and they said the class is full.
The FB group is like 1/2 current M1... fb groups are never a good measure of class size
How are you finding this out? Seems like that FB group is almost all M1's.
Do we need to send in transcripts and are there any health forms? I was recently accepted and have not been told of this yet. Thanks.
Yes, by July 1stDo we need to send in transcripts and are there any health forms? I was recently accepted and have not been told of this yet. Thanks.
I was accepted in Feb and still had to email them about it
I talked about an inconsistency between my practice MCAT, actual MCAT, and my GPA. I would say go ahead and say that is an inconsistency but turn it around into a lesson learned.
Since the second score was the higher I wouldn't think you'd want to draw attention to the first score. So I would address it if asked
There is a post on sdn that lists the party line of most mdschools regarding averaging or highesting your 2 scores. Wouldn't take it as gospel but might help in school selection
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Hi all - I am planning to apply here this cycle, started pre-writing the secondary, and have a couple questions.
For question 2) is getting a 505 (123 cars), then getting a 517 (127 cars) on the second attempt, considered an "inconsistency" and should I explain my low 1st score?
Also, I'm having a little trouble with question 5) about the "one thing" that would help ADCOMS decide if I should be admitted. Any advice on what to write about?
I meant to quote this post
I don't think an up score would be defined as inconsistent.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
My practice MCAT was predicting around 518 but my actual was lower. High GPA though. Don't worry about it, it's kind of hard to explain without you reading my secondary response 😛Since the second score was the higher I wouldn't think you'd want to draw attention to the first score. So I would address it if asked
There is a post on sdn that lists the party line of most mdschools regarding averaging or highesting your 2 scores. Wouldn't take it as gospel but might help in school selection
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
My practice MCAT was predicting around 518 but my actual was lower. High GPA though. Don't worry about it, it's kind of hard to explain without you reading my secondary response 😛
Sorry. I was addressing a different post above. But if you are wondering whether you should mention a high predicted MCAT. I would personally suggest against it. I think that it may be taken the wrong way by a reader. They wouldn't be able to verify and they may see it as an excuse. I may not have understood what you were saying however....
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Don't worry about it 😛, still got an II so I did something rightSorry. I was addressing a different post above. But if you are wondering whether you should mention a high predicted MCAT. I would personally suggest against it. I think that it may be taken the wrong way by a reader. They wouldn't be able to verify and they may see it as an excuse. I may not have understood what you were saying however....
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
After looking through the acceptance packet, I see the term "undergraduate medical education" several times. Should I be concerned as I have already finished undergrad? What is the difference and why is the medical education called undergraduate? Thanks in advance.
dont worry about it. that's just how albany refers to your medical educationAfter looking through the acceptance packet, I see the term "undergraduate medical education" several times. Should I be concerned as I have already finished undergrad? What is the difference and why is the medical education called undergraduate? Thanks in advance.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Should we be hearing about Alternate List decisions soon?
Last year it was mid-juneShould we be hearing about Alternate List decisions soon?
also got it! dont really know what to make of it but as long as there are still seats open, i have a little bit of hope! I wonder if everyone remaining on the UC list got placed on the alternate listjust got an alternate list email, anyone know what this means?
also got it! dont really know what to make of it but as long as there are still seats open, i have a little bit of hope! I wonder if everyone remaining on the UC list got placed on the alternate list
Also received the email. I reckon thats probably how it works.
I didn't get the email...assuming that means I'm rejected
According to MSAR, I recall it saying 200 AL offers were made. 50 people accepted to be put on the AL, and 9 people were taken off the AL.
Sent from my SM-G935T using SDN mobile
Sent from my SM-G935T using SDN mobile
do you know if it was 9 people ended up matriculating from the list or only 9 people were offered admission from the list?According to MSAR, I recall it saying 200 AL offers were made. 50 people accepted to be put on the AL, and 9 people were taken off the AL.
Sent from my SM-G935T using SDN mobile
Alternate List email today as well
No email. Rejection is imminent
do you know if it was 9 people ended up matriculating from the list or only 9 people were offered admission from the list?
Quoting the MSAR directly, "Number of acceptance offers granted to applicants on the waitlist". I'm interpreting this as people offered admissions. So roughly a 15% chance of being accepted.
Last edited:
Is there any community involvement/service programs that AMC runs? Ive been looking around on the website for a while and I cant find anything
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Woah congrats! Do you know if you're going to accept?Accepted after being put on the alternate list earlier this week!!
Woah congrats! Do you know if you're going to accept?
Probably as it's way closer to home than the other acceptance I have. I'm still waiting on my state school tho
Accepted off of the alternate list yesterday!! Very excited/Very torn as I was also accepted at SLUMD.. definitely leaning towards AMC though, can anyone weigh in?
Accepted off of the alternate list yesterday!! Very excited/Very torn as I was also accepted at SLUMD.. definitely leaning towards AMC though, can anyone weigh in?
Disclosure: SLU is my top choice and I'm still on waitlist
Albany appealed to me because of its position as the sole lvl 1 trauma center in the area for both paeds and adults. Additionally, the class was very close knit and they seemed to have a open line to the faculty compared to other schools. Also the students I met were definitely some of the most enthusiastic I've seen.
Interviewed at Albany, not SLU. I liked Albany. What makes you lean towards Albany vs. SLU? Take it with a grain of salt, but I was under the impression that SLU was better. Would like to hear you reasons, PM me!Accepted off of the alternate list yesterday!! Very excited/Very torn as I was also accepted at SLUMD.. definitely leaning towards AMC though, can anyone weigh in?
Congrats!! Did you find out thru email?Accepted off of the alternate list yesterday!! Very excited/Very torn as I was also accepted at SLUMD.. definitely leaning towards AMC though, can anyone weigh in?
Yes they sent an email and give 3days to decideCongrats!! Did you find out thru email?
Accepted one week ago!
.Any recent movement on the alternate list?
I called recently and was told that they're at capacity, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed but not expecting a miracle.
Rejected this am. Lm 67-69 OOS, interviewed early January.
Rejected today as well, not that I didn't see this coming from months ago. I hope you got in somewhere though. I'm trying again this year :\
Best of luck to you too! Also reapplying.Rejected today as well, not that I didn't see this coming from months ago. I hope you got in somewhere though. I'm trying again this year :\
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K