-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Albany Medical College Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry about that you guys 🙁
Mind sharing complete dates?
Complete mid July too.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Rejection as well, good luck everyone
I see.. So essentially 70% of passing is enough to get a G all the way through? Straight G's is a good thing to have then, I presume?
Yep. Very good thing.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yep! Straight Gs are perfectly fine!I see.. So essentially 70% of passing is enough to get a G all the way through? Straight G's is a good thing to have then, I presume?
Rejected today, LizzyM 66, OOS. Good luck to you all!
I am sorry to hear. When were you complete?
Interviewed today. So low stress, loved the MMI!
That's good to know; congrats on the interview! Do you have any advice on how to prepare? I know you can't give specific examples but just in general what would be helpful to do before an MMI.
Largest interview I've been to so far
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
how many? what was it like?Largest interview I've been to so far
Ah it was a long shot for me anyway! I was complete on 8/4I am sorry to hear. When were you complete?
Um most people didn't eat anything. Those are the same ones that complain later they were hungry. I doubt anyone eats a banana by lunch. Even the admission lady asked us to eat more cuz she knew.wow they need to not give us lunch at 11 am! I didn't interview until 2 pm and I was starving! lol, other than that it was great! MMI is fun and everyone - staff and students- are so nice 🙂
I was the guy with the wraps stacked on each other. Just saying..cmon be urself..
* In the admission office "wow did u see that dude starve himself?? He was so proper! He will make a great physician..lets forget his felony guys
Seriously thats my advice. U can't prepare for an MMI. Just go in there. Eat like a human being laugh like one and just be urself. Its easy to detect a pre-med bot
Last edited:
so, I somehow missed Albany and never sent out their secondary..... is it way too late at this point? LM ~69, IS, non-URM
If it helps, I just submitted mine today and I'm OOS. I think that it's still fairly early in the cycle. I would go for it.
so, I somehow missed Albany and never sent out their secondary..... is it way too late at this point? LM ~69, IS, non-URM
Definitely isn't too late. I'm a current MS1 and I wasn't complete until September because of some issues with my committee letter. They do interviews for a long time still and there is no preference for candidates from earlier interviews.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Definitely isn't too late. I'm a current MS1 and I wasn't complete until September because of some issues with my committee letter. They do interviews for a long time still and there is no preference for candidates from earlier interviews.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
So is it safe to say that based on what you're saying, they don't send out acceptances until they've intervied everyone, so in like march or April?
So is it safe to say that based on what you're saying, they don't send out acceptances until they've intervied everyone, so in like march or April?
No, they just control themselves with the acceptance and leave spots for later interviewees. I was a late interview so I'm not entirely sure, but I believe they put a lot of people on the UC (wait) list initially and then they accept them later. They have pretty good UC list movement.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Funny to think many of us may go to the same interviews and see each other but not know it haha.
What did they serve for lunch lol. Did you have the one that started at 8 am?wow they need to not give us lunch at 11 am! I didn't interview until 2 pm and I was starving! lol, other than that it was great! MMI is fun and everyone - staff and students- are so nice 🙂
Good to know, thanks for the feedback it really helps.Interviewed today. So low stress, loved the MMI!
No, started at 11 haha so super early to eatWhat did they serve for lunch lol. Did you have the one that started at 8 am?
haha ooook.. I ate a wrap and a banana then but my super annoying metabolism made me hungry still even later lolUm most people didn't eat anything. Those are the same ones that complain later they were hungry. I doubt anyone eats a banana by lunch. Even the admission lady asked us to eat more cuz she knew.
I was the guy with the wraps stacked on each other. Just saying..cmon be urself..
* In the admission office "wow did u see that dude starve himself?? He was so proper! He will make a great physician..lets forget his felony guys
Seriously thats my advice. U can't prepare for an MMI. Just go in there. Eat like a human being laugh like one and just be urself. Its easy to detect a pre-med bot
Also they served wraps and fruit!No, started at 11 haha so super early to eat
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh that sounds good. Mine is an 8 am so I think they just have breakfast. How many other students were there?Also they served wraps and fruit!
i submitted my primary to albany last monday and still haven't heard anything, should I be concerned or is this somewhat normal?
Edit: i read through all the pages and see it is kind of normal
Edit: i read through all the pages and see it is kind of normal
Last edited:
Rejected pre-interview today.
Sorry to hear - when were you complete?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Do you receive email about Complete or portal?
BumpDo you receive email about Complete or portal?
I actually can't find an email notifying me that I am all complete. I just looked at the portal and said everything was in after I submittedDo you receive email about Complete or portal?
II today, IS Re-applicant, 3.7+ GPA, 516 MCAT
Complete date?II today, IS Re-applicant, 3.7+ GPA, 516 MCAT
I have no clue when I was actually marked complete but I submitted my secondary July 13th based on the application fee receipt email and I had everything else already in long before then.Complete date?
Oh coolI have no clue when I was actually marked complete but I submitted my secondary July 13th based on the application fee receipt email and I had everything else already in long before then.
Congrats! When were you complete?I just got an interview invitation today, and scheduled for the 20th... So nervous!!
August 12th, I paid and was complete. I received the secondary July 25th.Congrats! When were you complete?
Stats? URM or ORM?I just got an interview invitation today, and scheduled for the 20th... So nervous!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
applied to this school a week ago and havent gotten a secondary yet, you think I should call or sit tight for a week more ?
General question about the MMI: Do we have to talk for 8 minutes straight? Or is it much more conversational where we can talk for a couple of minutes with follow up questions?
General question about the MMI: Do we have to talk for 8 minutes straight? Or is it much more conversational where we can talk for a couple of minutes with follow up questions?
The interviewer will ask follow up questions. And if you finished before 8 minutes, you can leave
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Rejected :/ first one so its really burning
Sorry to hear about that... Complete date and stats? And did you get an e-mail or portal update?Rejected :/ first one so its really burning
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K