-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Post interview updates
That was the last round of interviews
Of about 1100 interviews, approx 300 will be offered an acceptance
They did indeed complete 2/3 of their interviews before January and offered 1/3 of their allotted acceptances
The rest were either rejected or deferred, deferred students I think are to be considered with the second group of interviews from January to today, from which they will select the last 2/3 of their students to accept
That was the last round of interviews
Of about 1100 interviews, approx 300 will be offered an acceptance
They did indeed complete 2/3 of their interviews before January and offered 1/3 of their allotted acceptances
The rest were either rejected or deferred, deferred students I think are to be considered with the second group of interviews from January to today, from which they will select the last 2/3 of their students to accept
How do you know?Post interview updates
That was the last round of interviews
Of about 1100 interviews, approx 300 will be offered an acceptance
They did indeed complete 2/3 of their interviews before January and offered 1/3 of their allotted acceptances
The rest were either rejected or deferred, deferred students I think are to be considered with the second group of interviews from January to today, from which they will select the last 2/3 of their students to accept
withdrawn post acceptance. best of luck to the class of 2021!!
Where are you planning to go ? Thankswithdrawn post acceptance. best of luck to the class of 2021!!
Where are you planning to go ? Thanks
I'll be happy to answer in a PM!
Yes, the very second I read your post. How did you do that? 😵
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, the very second I read your post. How did you do that? 😵
Hopefully BU recognizes such powers [emoji23]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
how likely is it to get off of the deferred list, does anyone know :T
They fill most of the class seats in March, not January, so if you were deferred you've still got a fair chance of acceptance.
They fill most of the class seats in March, not January, so if you were deferred you've still got a fair chance of acceptance.
ok thank you for your response
Yes, I did....wondering if it means anything? :/lol anyone get today's email for financial aid?
Yes, I did....wondering if it means anything? :/
I think it means you should submit your financial aid forms...
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Anyone get an answer on when decisions will be released this year? First week of march, second week of march?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Hi everyone, first time posting on SDN! I interviewed way back in September, got deferred, and waiting anxiously to hear back. Hope it's soon!
Anyone get an answer on when decisions will be released this year? First week of march, second week of march?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
At my interview day the dean said the first week of March.
At my interview day the dean said the first week of March.
Ehhh, does this mean we can expect to hear back this week?
D
deleted781806
Ehhh, does this mean we can expect to hear back this week?![]()
I think next week is probably more likely, though anything can happen honestly haha
My info says that we will be notified via email of their decision.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When I was accepted, my portal changed before I received an email. Some people got a call from their interviewer. I, however, did not!
So the portal says "Mid-March" when do you think we will hear back?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
So the portal says "Mid-March" when do you think we will hear back?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
See above -- sounds like early to mid march, and perhaps next week.
My money is on interviewers starting to call Wednesday and/or Thursday and official emails/portal changes going out Friday
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yes, I agree. The portal change seemed to have occurred on 3-11 last year (which was a friday) so I expect it will occur Friday this year as well.My money is on interviewers starting to call Wednesday and/or Thursday and official emails/portal changes going out Friday
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
See above -- sounds like early to mid march, and perhaps next week.
Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile
Yes, I agree. The portal change seemed to have occurred on 3-11 last year (which was a friday) so I expect it will occur Friday this year as well.
Did everyone last year who was accepted in March get a phone call or did some get accepted with just a portal change/email?
edit: sorry, should have read the posts above. it seems there were people accepted without getting a phone call, though that was earlier in the first round. I'm assuming they won't necessarily have time to call everyone this time too.
My money is on interviewers starting to call Wednesday and/or Thursday and official emails/portal changes going out Friday
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I didn't realize they called for acceptances... my fragile heart doesn't handle that well (especially when I don't get a call)
Did everyone last year who was accepted in March get a phone call or did some get accepted with just a portal change/email?
edit: sorry, should have read the posts above. it seems there were people accepted without getting a phone call, though that was earlier in the first round. I'm assuming they won't necessarily have time to call everyone this time too.
Yeah based on the threads the last few years, there's usually always a good amount of people that don't get calls and only find out with the official email. Honestly the most useful thing we all could do is if we do get an acceptance call and decide to post here, include your interviewer name that called you. It will help relieve a lot of the stress here
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
D
deleted781806
My money is on interviewers starting to call Wednesday and/or Thursday and official emails/portal changes going out Friday
Remember what happened the last time we started betting on school's acceptance dates?? We jinxed it!
Remember what happened the last time we started betting on school's acceptance dates?? We jinxed it!
Hahahaha so true 🙁
Hoping such struggles don't dare show face again... but with this process, who the hell knows?!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Got only official email, no call: Balady.
I would say no. I assume they are done making decisions if they are supposed to release them this week.
D
deleted781806
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeejected. Definitely can attest to the reputation of having a very nice rejection letter though. Oh well!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you interview?Reeeeeeeeeeeeeejected. Definitely can attest to the reputation of having a very nice rejection letter though. Oh well!
D
deleted781806
Did you interview?
... yes
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K