-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My portal hasn't changed yet.
I wonder if rejections will keep occurring throughout the week or today was the day for all of them
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I wonder if rejections will keep occurring throughout the week or today was the day for all of them
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
If they continued to do rejections, I don't think my heart can take that. I can't focus on any of my work right now...🙁
I doubt that today was the only day for rejections. Only 2 were reported here and back when I interviewed, I remember the dean saying that there would be 300 acceptances and only a handful of people on the waitlist...meaning many more applicant who interviewed will get rejected:/
I doubt that today was the only day for rejections. Only 2 were reported here and back when I interviewed, I remember the dean saying that there would be 300 acceptances and only a handful of people on the waitlist...meaning many more applicant who interviewed will get rejected:/
Given that they already handed out a third of those 300 acceptances, I imagine there will be many many more rejections.... 🙁
I was deferred and still no portal update
Reading this thread isn't making me feel better and I know I should stop but I can't.....
Good luck then !!!!!!This is the only school I interviewed at. I really hope for good news, otherwise I'll have to reapply....![]()
This is the only school I interviewed at. I really hope for good news, otherwise I'll have to reapply....![]()
Good luck! I'm already restudying for the MCAT since my score expires after this cycle.....
I doubt that today was the only day for rejections. Only 2 were reported here and back when I interviewed, I remember the dean saying that there would be 300 acceptances and only a handful of people on the waitlist...meaning many more applicant who interviewed will get rejected:/
Right right I agree, but seems like in past years all the rejections came in one day. Like two years ago it was Friday of second week of march that all the rejections that were reported on SDN at least* came that one day. I guess we'll see
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hope you get it!This is the only school I interviewed at. I really hope for good news, otherwise I'll have to reapply....![]()
ACCEPTED BY PHONE CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
congratulations!! were you a round 1 or round 2 interviewer?ACCEPTED BY PHONE CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Calls and not emails? Ugh, I never win when schools play that game
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
congratulations!! were you a round 1 or round 2 interviewer?
round 1! interviewed early november
ACCEPTED via call. round 1 intervieweeeeeeee!!!!!!!
congrats!! have either of your portals changed to show your acceptance?
nope, not yet. and i interviewed w dean witzburg!congrats!! have either of your portals changed to show your acceptance?
Last year, calls started Tuesday, and the portal was updated Friday around 5pm. Some people never got a call, and found out about their acceptance via portal. I guess admissions like keeping us on our toes. At the very least, it keeps life interesting....
Last edited:
It would be nice to get a call...I wish I was that lucky.
GRATS TO THOSE WHO GOT ACCEPTED ALREADY!
GRATS TO THOSE WHO GOT ACCEPTED ALREADY!
ACCEPTED via call. round 1 intervieweeeeeeee!!!!!!!
Congrats!! Mind sharing who you interviewed with? It would greatly help those of us waiting out!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Just got my first acceptance by phone call!!! Interviewed round 2. I'll be going to second look! I'm going to keep my interviewer's name confidential though haha
Just accepted via phone call!!! Interviewed forever ago.
Congrats!! Who did you interview with, if you don't mind me asking?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got my first acceptance by phone call!!! Interviewed round 2. I'll be going to second look! I'm going to keep my interviewer's name confidential though haha
can you elaborate on what round 2 means?
like what month of the year
I interviewed early to mid-Januarycan you elaborate on what round 2 means?
like what month of the year
can you elaborate on what round 2 means?
like what month of the year
round 2 = jan
round 1 = sept- dec
A lurker has unburrowed with phone in hand... My weak heart cannot wait much longer.
Congrats to those accepted so far.
Congrats to those accepted so far.
Waitlisted - interviewed in October.
Waitlisted...my second one :/ Honestly heartbroken since this place was my top choice
Anyone know how likely someone is to be accepted from the Waitlist? And decisions in June to July? I should be doing another reapp by then right?
Anyone know how likely someone is to be accepted from the Waitlist? And decisions in June to July? I should be doing another reapp by then right?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@goriku671 and @WindChaser
I was also WL! I remember the Dean saying that they were purposely making their WL way smaller than last year- small enough that it isn't ranked and that every applicant can be considered for a spot when spots do open up. Keep your heads up! I think they are anticipating movement (at least some) and send updates/ Letters of Interest/Intent!
I don't think this is a bad place to be for an incredible institution like this. Best of luck moving forward! It isn't over yet!
I was also WL! I remember the Dean saying that they were purposely making their WL way smaller than last year- small enough that it isn't ranked and that every applicant can be considered for a spot when spots do open up. Keep your heads up! I think they are anticipating movement (at least some) and send updates/ Letters of Interest/Intent!
I don't think this is a bad place to be for an incredible institution like this. Best of luck moving forward! It isn't over yet!
Accepted via email!!!!!!!!!! Interviewed early Jan.
Holy **** first acceptance....
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Holy **** first acceptance....
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
congrats bro!!! glad to see it all worked out!!! 🙂Accepted via email!!!!!!!!!! Interviewed early Jan.
Holy **** first acceptance....
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
It's a little hard to stay optimistic when there was apparently zero WL movement last year, tho 🙁
Oh well. Let's hold our heads high, friends! It ain't over until it's over.
true- but I thought that BU was approaching it differently this time- rejecting more ppl/ having a smaller waitlist so that there would be more of an opportunity to get off the WL
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K