-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Waitlisted post interview. Interviewed late september. Found out via email. I do not remember the name of my interviewer. But I was going to the accept the acceptance offer if I got it anyway, so I will be declining the waitlist offer. Good luck to everyone who is still in the running!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yep he said this during my interview day as well. He said he really wanted there to be waitlist movement this year.I don't remember Dean W mentioning any of these changes on interview day! It would be wonderful if what you mentioned is actually the case 🙂
Waitlisted. Interviewed in September. This has been a long ride haha
EDIT: Withdrew
EDIT: Withdrew
Last edited:
The waitlist seems huge this year....only one reported rejection....this doesn't seem right.
waitlisted
waitlisted. Its interesting to see the amount who recorded being waitlisted because the dean made it seem like the waitlist would be extremely small. though he didn't give a number, i assumed ~ less than 100
The difference in responses between last year's thread and this year is huge. I wonder what happened haha.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted, interviewed late October, LM ~80s!
Accepted via email! Totally shocked by this! Congrats to all accepted and good luck to those waitlisted!
Edit: Was called a couple hours after the email by my interviewer!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Edit: Was called a couple hours after the email by my interviewer!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Last edited:
The difference in responses between last year's thread and this year is huge. I wonder what happened haha.
What do you mean? More people waitlisted are you saying?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Does the waitlist not move at all until June?
Yeah there were hardly any reported waitlisting.
Accepted via email! Legit cried when I found out.
Yeah there were hardly any reported waitlisting.
Which makes me feel that there will be almost no movement considering that there Has 0 the past few years. He made it sound like very small waitlist based on the things he said in interview and on the email. Ohhh well
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Waitlisted also.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
.
Hey guys I am new to SDN. MAMS student at BU in my second year and was just waitlisted here. What does the "." mean on the threads?
Someone edited their comment to get rid of itHey guys I am new to SDN. MAMS student at BU in my second year and was just waitlisted here. What does the "." mean on the threads?
Wow so many people are getting waitlisted :/
Yeah the waitlist is too long, y'all might as well withdraw.... [emoji48]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
How many acceptances do you think they sent out and how many people do you think got waitlisted? Since this year they are only looking to fill 100 seats....is it pretty much hopeless now?
Wtf this wait list is HUGE.
Congrats to all those accepted!
Right and that's only the people who use SDN sure there are so many more that didn't post
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
hey I mean I just joined now to post that I was waitlisted maybe we can get each person accepted to create an account and get a head count 😛Right and that's only the people who use SDN sure there are so many more that didn't post
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Waitlisted as well. Even though Dean Wurstküche said there's no ranking, there must be given such a high number of wait listed applicants. I wonder if all spots will fill up in the BU housing building.
It's a mix. They offer merit-based aid through a dean's scholarship (anywhere from $2500-25000/yr I think). They tell you if you got one of these scholarships when you get accepted (at least that's how it was for those accepted in the first round. They might have done it differently in this round). They also have need based aid, but this hasn't been given to anyone yet. Current students may know more info (I'm an applicant this year too).Does anyone remember how much financial aid is given out by BU?
is it all merit-based? need-based? half and half?
Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile
also waitlisted
Does anyone remember how much financial aid is given out by BU?
is it all merit-based? need-based? half and half?
I have a feeling that people will find out about Deans scholarships on Friday since they usually go out after acceptances and even our acceptance letters were dated March 10
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I was wondering this too. I was waitlisted and I wrote a letter of intent.just out of curiosity, did anybody who get accepted write a letter of intent?
did anybody who get waitlisted write a letter of intent?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wrote an update letter, which strongly suggested that BU was my number one choicejust out of curiosity, did anybody who get accepted write a letter of intent?
did anybody who get waitlisted write a letter of intent?
I was accepted and wrote a letter of intent/interest. Of course, it's hard to tell what effect the LOI had on the decision. If you do write one, make sure it's written well.just out of curiosity, did anybody who get accepted write a letter of intent?
did anybody who get waitlisted write a letter of intent?
I couldn't find one either.Anyone know if there is a facebook group for admitted students? Cant seem to find it...
Last edited:
Just saw that I got a Dean's Scholarship via portal!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K