-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Withdrew my acceptance. It hurts since I did really love the culture, the people and the community of BUSM. And Boston will always be my favorite city (that isn't in the SF Bay Area haha). But alas family and other personal factors were too important this time around. Best of luck to all y'all still waiting and to all the incoming students!
are they anticipating taking people off the waitlist this year?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good luck to all! Just withdrew from the waitlist.
Is it true that they take people off the waitlist in the order of interview dates? I read that on a previous year's thread
They pull from the wait list to balance the class according to a number of factors the admissions committee values. I highly doubt it comes down to the date of interview. Only people on the committee can be certain though.
Is it true that they take people off the waitlist in the order of interview dates? I read that on a previous year's thread
BU vs Brown?
If you would like more detailed answers to this question, I suggest posting more details about the pros and cons between the two schools in a new thread in our Help Me Decide: School X vs Y subforum
So does the BUSM AddComm really wait until June to start offering waitlisted students positions in their incoming class--even if spots become available on an earlier date?
i don't necessarily think so. some of the old threads show that a few people were contacted in mid/late may for an acceptance off the waitlist. they probably say that just to be safe. i don't think i would expect to hear back before june but i also wouldn't discount it as a possibility that we might hear back earlier
Withdrew earlier this week due to other acceptances. Good luck to those on the waitlist!
Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile
Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile
+1Heart raced at email from BUSM. Just celebrate science email. Omg these people are giving me a MI
D:
Just withdrew! I hope someone on the waitlist gets an offer!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey do you guys know if there is an MCAT cut off at this school?
Have any accepted students received any kind of correspondence since the April 30th deadline?
Have any accepted students received any kind of correspondence since the April 30th deadline?
I received an email to set up my BU email
Is there a separate thread for BU waitlist movements? When will the list start moving if ever? Thanks!
I think it will be at least next week when movement starts (if there is any). I know as of this week they were still confirming with accepted students about tuition deposits and whether they wanted their spot. In previous years I know people who got off the waitlist around May 20th.
I had heard that they wanted to have a small waitlist this year with a lot of movement. Does anyone know if that's still the case or did they over-accept again this year?
They continually said it would be small this year - no way to know if that's actually true....I had heard that they wanted to have a small waitlist this year with a lot of movement. Does anyone know if that's still the case or did they over-accept again this year?
Yeah....I really wish schools were more transparent about this whole process. I just want to know when I should give up and start looking for a gap year job rather than being strung along.They continually said it would be small this year - no way to know if that's actually true....
I read on the not accepted yet thread that someone got off the waitlist this week, but gyngyn hasn't mentioned it yet
🙁Yeah it's true
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! That's awesome! Do you know if they anticipate more movement? I know traditionally BU isn't known for much movement. Also, if you don't mind sharing, when did you interview at BU?Throwaway for some semblance of anonymity... but I did get off the waitlist at BU earlier this week, and accepted the spot. Hope some more of you get that call too!
Congrats! That's awesome! Do you know if they anticipate more movement? I know traditionally BU isn't known for much movement. Also, if you don't mind sharing, when did you interview at BU?
Thank you!
I am not sure, all I was told was that a spot opened up and they were offering it to me. I interviewed in late January, one of the last days of interviews if I remember correctly.
Throwaway for some semblance of anonymity... but I did get off the waitlist at BU earlier this week, and accepted the spot. Hope some more of you get that call too!
Congratulations! I hope i get that call as well. Just wondering, are you the same person who's friend posted on the No acceptances yet thread, or are you a different person? I know that's the most neurotic question I could ask, but what can I say, I'm neurotic lol
Congratulations! I hope i get that call as well. Just wondering, are you the same person who's friend posted on the No acceptances yet thread, or are you a different person? I know that's the most neurotic question I could ask, but what can I say, I'm neurotic lol
Lol if one of my friends posted, they have not told me that they did.
Congrats!
Last edited:
Hey all, I've gotten 5 PMs asking questions, which I am happy to answer... but might be useful to post them here so that others can see too. These threads were very helpful to me this cycle, and that's why I'm posting (even if just under a throwaway account).
Congrats! A little jealous, but I'm sure they saw something great in your application.
Did you submit a letter of intent or an update letter post waitlist confirmation?
Can you post their questions and answers on here if you haven't already? Thanks!Hey all, I've gotten 5 PMs asking questions, which I am happy to answer... but might be useful to post them here so that others can see too. These threads were very helpful to me this cycle, and that's why I'm posting (even if just under a throwaway account).
Congrats! A little jealous, but I'm sure they saw something great in your application.
Did you submit a letter of intent or an update letter post waitlist confirmation?
Thank you! I did not send a LOI or update letter, but I did send an additional LOR.
Can you post their questions and answers on here if you haven't already? Thanks!
Same as above (multiple), and one about comparing financial aid email content.
Anyone know how many people we can bring to the white coat ceremony in August? Is everyone bringing their parents, siblings, etc?
Don't know if there's a limit, but I'm bringing my mom and two sistersAnyone know how many people we can bring to the white coat ceremony in August? Is everyone bringing their parents, siblings, etc?
I'm planning on bringing my parents and my SO, and if possible, my best friend.Anyone know how many people we can bring to the white coat ceremony in August? Is everyone bringing their parents, siblings, etc?
any waitlist movement?
any waitlist movement?
According to gyngyn on the not accepted yet thread, there has been a pretty decent amount of movement at BU. At least on 3 separate dates. No indication of how many actual people though.
He also says its good that they have early movement.
For accepted students, did you receive or see anything about ordering a white coat? The acceptance packets lists June 1, 2017 as the 'order white coat' date.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For accepted students, did you receive or see anything about ordering a white coat? The acceptance packets lists June 1, 2017 as the 'order white coat' date.
Received an email about ordering the white coat!
Hey all, any word on waitlist movement this June?
Hey all, any word on waitlist movement this June?
I haven't heard anything.
Did you all get the Waitlist follow up email? I received one in May 26 stating that their class is fully subscribe and that they do not know when they will be able to consider waiting list offers.
Yes I think everyone received that one.I haven't heard anything.
Did you all get the Waitlist follow up email? I received one in May 26 stating that their class is fully subscribe and that they do not know when they will be able to consider waiting list offers.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K