2016-2017 Boston University Application Thread

Started by WedgeDawg
Tags Tags
busm
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Did not write a letter of intent, but wrote a strongly worded update letter, and got accepted
Debated writing letter of intent, decided not to
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Questions about the second look day:

1. Is this only for people who are undecided or are people who are definitely going there also going to go?

2. If you are going are people bringing other people?
 
Questions about the second look day:

1. Is this only for people who are undecided or are people who are definitely going there also going to go?

2. If you are going are people bringing other people?

1. For all accepted. Dean said attendance increased a lot in recent years with large proportion being committed to busm (e.g. meeting classmates for potential roommates).

2. I'm going solo, but that's because parents are busy.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They sent out emails with the agenda for the open house (and also emails for scholarships) today!

I want to go to the open house, but the flights are a bit expensive for me and I am already fairly certain I'll be choosing BUSM anyways, so I will skip out on the event.
 
Last edited:
Would love to know if people who are likely to go to BUSM are going to the open house. I kind of want to go, but it's also a long day to go, but worth it if others who will probably be going there next year with me are also going to go in April.
 
Would love to know if people who are likely to go to BUSM are going to the open house. I kind of want to go, but it's also a long day to go, but worth it if others who will probably be going there next year with me are also going to go in April.
I am almost certain I will be attending BUSM and I will be at open house! I think it will be worth it to meet others that may be future classmates and I live in the area so it is easy for me to attend. I hope that helps!
 
I am almost certain I will be attending BUSM and I will be at open house! I think it will be worth it to meet others that may be future classmates and I live in the area so it is easy for me to attend. I hope that helps!
Same--at this point, I am likely attending BUSM but will definitely be going as well.
 
I am almost certain I will be attending BUSM and I will be at open house! I think it will be worth it to meet others that may be future classmates and I live in the area so it is easy for me to attend. I hope that helps!
Same--at this point, I am likely attending BUSM but will definitely be going as well.
Cool. I'll hopefully get to meet you both there then! Thanks for the reply.
 
There's no fb group yet. I think in the past years the accepted students make the group. You should totally go ahead and make one.
 
I know it said most waitlist movement will be june-july, but when does it start? anyone have any ideas?

This is a really good question. I feel like everybody who's been accepted is planning on committing to BUSM. Any word for the contrary?

And yeah... also waitlisted
 
This is a really good question. I feel like everybody who's been accepted is planning on committing to BUSM. Any word for the contrary?

And yeah... also waitlisted

I am on 7 other WL's, 4 of which I'd prefer so I'm definitely not 100% yet. I'd love to get off one of those and free up a spot for one of y'all!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nice guys! Thanks for the good vibes and best of luck of luck to all of you.

Anybody know when that "Domino day" is - the one where all accepted applicants need to actually commit to the one school they're planning on matriculating to?
 
Does anyone have a sense of how many acceptances/ waitlist offers were sent out? I know during the interview the Dean said last year they over accepted, so this year they are only looking to take 100 people with a very small waitlist that would move....
 
In the confirmation email for second look, it says the dress code is business casual... Since I'm a nervous Nelly and don't want to be over or under dressed, this doesn't mean wear a suit right? Business casual is more in the spectrum of nice pants/blouse (for girls)?
 
In the confirmation email for second look, it says the dress code is business casual... Since I'm a nervous Nelly and don't want to be over or under dressed, this doesn't mean wear a suit right? Business casual is more in the spectrum of nice pants/blouse (for girls)?

I think nice pants/blouse is exactly what they mean...

For the second look/open house it says can bring family/guests. Do people actually do this? Or am I gonna be the only one showing up with my parents haha and everyone else just students? Anyone here bringing anyone?
 
I think nice pants/blouse is exactly what they mean...

For the second look/open house it says can bring family/guests. Do people actually do this? Or am I gonna be the only one showing up with my parents haha and everyone else just students? Anyone here bringing anyone?
I signed my mom up haha but I'm feeling the exact same way you are.
 
would everyone just mind posting if they are bringing parents or anything to the second look day?

For the second look/open house it says can bring family/guests. Do people actually do this? Or am I gonna be the only one showing up with my parents haha and everyone else just students? Anyone here bringing anyone?

I'm definitely bringing my mom and I'm not ashamed lmao
Unfortunately my two sisters can't make it but I woulda brought them too if they were free
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad