2016-2017 Boston University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did not write a letter of intent, but wrote a strongly worded update letter, and got accepted
Debated writing letter of intent, decided not to

Members don't see this ad :)
Where did you find the scholarship info? Did it come up as an alert?

Any other MD/PhD admits here? Also if anybody finds out when they make the fb group link it here :D

Reactions: 1 user
Questions about the second look day:

1. Is this only for people who are undecided or are people who are definitely going there also going to go?

2. If you are going are people bringing other people?

Members don't see this ad :)
Questions about the second look day:

1. Is this only for people who are undecided or are people who are definitely going there also going to go?

2. If you are going are people bringing other people?

1. For all accepted. Dean said attendance increased a lot in recent years with large proportion being committed to busm (e.g. meeting classmates for potential roommates).

2. I'm going solo, but that's because parents are busy.

I've been accepted and will be withdrawing soon (next week). I did not write a letter of intent. Hoping my seat goes to someone else!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
anyone know the itinerary for second look? (like when it starts/ends?)

They sent out emails with the agenda for the open house (and also emails for scholarships) today!

I want to go to the open house, but the flights are a bit expensive for me and I am already fairly certain I'll be choosing BUSM anyways, so I will skip out on the event.

Last edited:
Would love to know if people who are likely to go to BUSM are going to the open house. I kind of want to go, but it's also a long day to go, but worth it if others who will probably be going there next year with me are also going to go in April.

Would love to know if people who are likely to go to BUSM are going to the open house. I kind of want to go, but it's also a long day to go, but worth it if others who will probably be going there next year with me are also going to go in April.
I am almost certain I will be attending BUSM and I will be at open house! I think it will be worth it to meet others that may be future classmates and I live in the area so it is easy for me to attend. I hope that helps!

I am almost certain I will be attending BUSM and I will be at open house! I think it will be worth it to meet others that may be future classmates and I live in the area so it is easy for me to attend. I hope that helps!
Same--at this point, I am likely attending BUSM but will definitely be going as well.

Same--at this point, I am likely attending BUSM but will definitely be going as well.
Cool. I'll hopefully get to meet you both there then! Thanks for the reply.

I know it said most waitlist movement will be june-july, but when does it start? anyone have any ideas?

What did waitlisted people put for their BU ID # on the cover sheet for the financial aid documents?

There's no fb group yet. I think in the past years the accepted students make the group. You should totally go ahead and make one.

I know it said most waitlist movement will be june-july, but when does it start? anyone have any ideas?

This is a really good question. I feel like everybody who's been accepted is planning on committing to BUSM. Any word for the contrary?

And yeah... also waitlisted

This is a really good question. I feel like everybody who's been accepted is planning on committing to BUSM. Any word for the contrary?

I'm still on the fence between BU and a couple other schools if that's helpful. I'm sure most people just aren't commenting on their status tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I am on 7 other WL's, 4 of which I'd prefer so I'm definitely not 100% yet. I'd love to get off one of those and free up a spot for one of y'all!

I was accepted and will not be matriculating.

Nice guys! Thanks for the good vibes and best of luck of luck to all of you.

Anybody know when that "Domino day" is - the one where all accepted applicants need to actually commit to the one school they're planning on matriculating to?

There's no fb group yet. I think in the past years the accepted students make the group. You should totally go ahead and make one.

I think you're right. I looked at the previous years' groups and they all say "unofficial". If I make one, does anyone else want to be an admin?

Does anyone have a sense of how many acceptances/ waitlist offers were sent out? I know during the interview the Dean said last year they over accepted, so this year they are only looking to take 100 people with a very small waitlist that would move....

In the confirmation email for second look, it says the dress code is business casual... Since I'm a nervous Nelly and don't want to be over or under dressed, this doesn't mean wear a suit right? Business casual is more in the spectrum of nice pants/blouse (for girls)?

I think you're right. I looked at the previous years' groups and they all say "unofficial". If I make one, does anyone else want to be an admin?

I'm always down

In the confirmation email for second look, it says the dress code is business casual... Since I'm a nervous Nelly and don't want to be over or under dressed, this doesn't mean wear a suit right? Business casual is more in the spectrum of nice pants/blouse (for girls)?

I think nice pants/blouse is exactly what they mean...

For the second look/open house it says can bring family/guests. Do people actually do this? Or am I gonna be the only one showing up with my parents haha and everyone else just students? Anyone here bringing anyone?

I think nice pants/blouse is exactly what they mean...

For the second look/open house it says can bring family/guests. Do people actually do this? Or am I gonna be the only one showing up with my parents haha and everyone else just students? Anyone here bringing anyone?
I signed my mom up haha but I'm feeling the exact same way you are.

Did anyone already get their financial aid package? If not, when do they usually come out?

Did anyone already get their financial aid package? If not, when do they usually come out?
I got mine yesterday (email to check portal), but I had fin aid stuff in by early February, so it may be depend on when you sent stuff in

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile

would everyone just mind posting if they are bringing parents or anything to the second look day?

would everyone just mind posting if they are bringing parents or anything to the second look day?

I'm definitely bringing my mom and I'm not ashamed lmao
Unfortunately my two sisters can't make it but I woulda brought them too if they were free

Accepted and will be withdrawing my application. Best of luck to the rest of you.

Did people on the wait list complete their financial aid?

Just withdrew my application - this school really pulled at my heart, but the aid just wasn't enough. Best of luck to waitlist-hopefuls out there!