2016-2017 Boston University Application Thread

Started by WedgeDawg
Tags Tags
busm
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

They definitely send these to everyone (in the running) to not give away the select few who they really want confirmation from. Best of luck
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OK I need help. I thought that I should not be sending additional letters of recommendation to schools. However, the post interview letter from BU said that they would like letters of recommendation even after you submit your initial application.

HOW do I get this letter to them? Do I still submit these through AMCAS? HELP!
 
Just got an II! For those who already interviewed, how was it for you, what was the format for the interview and do you have any advice?

Lizzy M score is 66.2 and complete 10/17
 
Just got an II! For those who already interviewed, how was it for you, what was the format for the interview and do you have any advice?

Lizzy M score is 66.2 and complete 10/17

Congrats! Very chill day. A 45 minute to 1 hour interview. Dean welcomes you for the first hour and then you either interview or attend a Q and A type of thing with faculty. Then tour and lunch and closing remarks. Probably missing a few things but the layout is pretty close to this


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Congrats! Very chill day. A 45 minute to 1 hour interview. Dean welcomes you for the first hour and then you either interview or attend a Q and A type of thing with faculty. Then tour and lunch and closing remarks. Probably missing a few things but the layout is pretty close to this


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thank you! I was so surprised to even get an interview. Also, is it a one-on-one interview or a panel?
 
How does BU treat high MCAT low GPA applicants?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
They treat them to a nice steak dinner LOL I mean people have gotten II with low GPA/high MCAT and high GPA/Low MCAT. It really depends on how high and how low we're talking. But more importantly it depends on your overall app and if BU thinks you're a good fit.
 
Based on the last few years, some interviewers call and some don't. All of us should receive an email though.

Decisions should also become available at the end of next week, either Thurs or Fri.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II yesterday around 5:30 pm. IS, Lizzy M ~72.5, complete 8/14.

I was not expecting to hear back from BU, so this was a surprise. Interview is in early January.
 
OK I need help. I thought that I should not be sending additional letters of recommendation to schools. However, the post interview letter from BU said that they would like letters of recommendation even after you submit your initial application.

HOW do I get this letter to them? Do I still submit these through AMCAS? HELP!

There's a tab where you can upload updates under "Application Updates" in the my application portal. You could upload PDFs of the letters there. If they're confidential, I'd suggest emailing/calling admissions and asking how they'd like to receive them. If you use interfolio, you probably could just email them to the admissions email through interfolio and they could add them for you.
 
There's a tab where you can upload updates under "Application Updates" in the my application portal. You could upload PDFs of the letters there. If they're confidential, I'd suggest emailing/calling admissions and asking how they'd like to receive them. If you use interfolio, you probably could just email them to the admissions email through interfolio and they could add them for you.
Thank you so much for replying. It was a letter from the person I work for, so I couldn't upload it myself. I had them submit it through AMCAS. Thanks so much.
 
I am so anxious this week. I don't know about anyone else but I'm sitting by my email just waiting, and hoping for the best.
Good luck to those who have interviewed and those who have an interview soon!
Right there with you. Top school for me. Someone on here mentioned we will prob not hear back til Thursday or Friday either way, just so you know! Best of luck to you and let's try to stay sane this week 🙂.
 
Right there with you. Top school for me. Someone on here mentioned we will prob not hear back til Thursday or Friday either way, just so you know! Best of luck to you and let's try to stay sane this week 🙂.

On the portal it says the first wave of admissions decisions will come "Mid-January" so we may not hear anything until next week...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad