-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Brown University (Alpert) Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
So should we expect another rejection wave or II's next?
The rejections received have all been in a particular date range (pre-September) so my guess is more rejections before IIs? Who tf knows thoughSo should we expect another rejection wave or II's next?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
.
Last edited:
Zero clue! Worth a shot though if it's applicable to you.have you heard that they are receptive/accommodating when it comes to ITA emails?
Anyone have a weird document under their document uploads tab? I have something that says "FYI: Was ME. Changed to screen (Watch List.)" When I click on it I can't see what the document is. Just wondering if this is normal across the board or if they are considering me for something. With my stats it's probably a flag for the adcoms to check out my file when they need a laugh, but here's to hoping.
Unfortunately not. Sounds like good news for you...did you ever upload a document?Anyone have a weird document under their document uploads tab? I have something that says "FYI: Was ME. Changed to screen (Watch List.)" When I click on it I can't see what the document is. Just wondering if this is normal across the board or if they are considering me for something. With my stats it's probably a flag for the adcoms to check out my file when they need a laugh, but here's to hoping.
Unfortunately not. Sounds like good news for you...did you ever upload a document?
Nope, never did. It's been sitting there without me noticing it since mid-last month. I'm not going to put too much stock in it, my application portals have all had weird quirks here and there. Thanks for the reply!
I've been complete since Mid-July and haven't been rejected yet nor have I received an II. Hoping this is a good sign! I'm so obsessed with this school!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Mine has too? Haha probably another glitch with the systemI think my document upload tab has disappeared overnight.. probably nothing significant, but alas, the premed neuroses persists.
Mine's gone tooMine has too? Haha probably another glitch with the system
Just noticed that tooMine's gone too
Interesting. Mine didn't do that when I clicked on it. Probably a glitch, since it isn't the same for all of us.Mine reappeared when I clicked on communication status. I think it's a glitch.
I think my document upload tab has disappeared overnight.. probably nothing significant, but alas, the premed neuroses persists.
I've convinced myself that my question above simultaneously uncovered some bug in the Brown system and gave away enough info to ID me. Now they are scrambling to fix it and I've shot myself in the foot for any future consideration. Neuroses 1, millerstone 0.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
B
BadNewsBears2016
COMPLETELY speculatory, but it could mean that a decision was reached and that an uploaded document won't be accepted any longer.
My document upload tab is gone as well, it doesn't reappear.
My document upload tab is gone as well, it doesn't reappear.
Don't scare me like thisCOMPLETELY speculatory, but it could mean that a decision was reached and that an uploaded document won't be accepted any longer.
My document upload tab is gone as well, it doesn't reappear.
I just looked at my portal - on mine, it looks like Brown now asks that you email or mail updates. This is a recent change - I just uploaded an update letter a few days ago!
but it seems like everyone got this-- I doubt they've made a decision on all of us.
COMPLETELY speculatory, but it could mean that a decision was reached and that an uploaded document won't be accepted any longer.
My document upload tab is gone as well, it doesn't reappear.
I just looked at my portal - on mine, it looks like Brown now asks that you email or mail updates. This is a recent change - I just uploaded an update letter a few days ago!
Here's what I bet happened: a bunch of people started getting nervous and sent in a whole wave of update letters. In an effort to make the workload manageable they made it a little harder to submit one (requiring people to email or mail them in instead)
Why even speculate?! If we don't get an e-mail asking to interview, then they didn't think you were a good fit. If you did, they do think so!Here's what I bet happened: a bunch of people started getting nervous and sent in a whole wave of update letters. In an effort to make the workload manageable they made it a little harder to submit one (requiring people to email or mail them in instead)
This wasn't directed at you but more of a general comment!
Where'd you see this? I don't see that message anywhere on mine. That I suppose is a bad sign for meI just looked at my portal - on mine, it looks like Brown now asks that you email or mail updates. This is a recent change - I just uploaded an update letter a few days ago!
Same for me. It does seem ominous...Where'd you see this? I don't see that message anywhere on mine. That I suppose is a bad sign for me
Haha, first post, but if you go to "Secondary Application" tab and then press "Additional Materials," that's where that message is located!
The document upload tab is back up for me.
+1The document upload tab is back up for me.
The document upload tab is back up for me.
+1
Maybe we'll get a slew of II's this Friday to mirror last Friday's rejections. #optimismany news from Brown this week? I'm getting impatient. eeeep!
That's the spirit I need!Maybe we'll get a slew of II's this Friday to mirror last Friday's rejections. #optimism
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any current MD-ScM students I could PM to ask about their experiences?
.
Last edited:
Nope! Just wanted to talk about the program.did you get an II???
+1Nope! Just wanted to talk about the program.
Would also love to hear more about this program!
II just now and freaking out. Only available dates are in December... Does anyone have any idea if they are opening up interviews into January? It would work soooo much better with my schedule.
Mind sharing when you were complete? Thanks!
Mind sharing when you were complete? Thanks!
Sorry! Complete end of august/beginning of September. Lizzy M is 74.
B
BadNewsBears2016
II just now! Complete late September, LizzyM ~77
So late? Or just saw it?
So late? Or just saw it?
Around that time I think, so pretty late
Was talking to a friend about Brown and he told me that they prefer applicants from certain schools and programs over others. Anyone know if this is true?
I think this has been previously discussed a few times in this thread a few times. More info here: https://www.brown.edu/academics/medical/admission/apply-alpert-medical-school/routes-admissionWas talking to a friend about Brown and he told me that they prefer applicants from certain schools and programs over others. Anyone know if this is true?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Heartbroken to have just been rejected here 🙁 also complete september
Heartbroken to have just been rejected here 🙁 also complete september
So sorry 🙁 did you find out via portal or e-mail?Rejected today, completed sometime in September I think
+1Rejected. Complete in july, LM75
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K