2016-2017 Cooper Medical School of Rowan University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who was complete July or August been neither rejected nor invited for an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
What kind of research does Cooper do? Any specific fields? I have tried looking at their website but nothing is mentioned.
I'm not sure of specifics since I haven't gotten involved in research yet. But, I've heard of opportunities from the hospital that are clinical and I know of some professors doing bench work so I would think there are a lot of opportunities. I'm waiting for the summer to do research, so I'll probably have a better idea of things then. Sorry if that wasn't much help!

I'm not sure of specifics since I haven't gotten involved in research yet. But, I've heard of opportunities from the hospital that are clinical and I know of some professors doing bench work so I would think there are a lot of opportunities. I'm waiting for the summer to do research, so I'll probably have a better idea of things then. Sorry if that wasn't much help!
Can I ask if you know of people who g ot interviews much later than they applied? I was complete 8/22 so I've been passed up for this round of invites. Have you heard of people getting interviews later or is it generally a rejection if you've been passed up

Members don't see this ad :)
Can I ask if you know of people who g ot interviews much later than they applied? I was complete 8/22 so I've been passed up for this round of invites. Have you heard of people getting interviews later or is it generally a rejection if you've been passed up
Yeah I was actually complete and August and didn't get an invite till January!

Did anyone complete near end October receive an II?

Love this school and really feel I align with their mission, hoping they show me some love

Anybody else that's interviewed on the 18th received an acceptance? I know they make their decision today.

Got an II sometime last week!
OOS complete late aug/early sep

I was complete 8/31 so I've been passed up for this round of invites. Have you heard of people getting interviews later or is it generally a rejection if you've been passed up

Did anyone complete near end October receive an II?

Love this school and really feel I align with their mission, hoping they show me some love
I was complete end of October and received an II last Thursday

Members don't see this ad :)
Nice! What was your complete date?
Actually, it says complete October 12, which is the day I submitted. I thought it took a little while longer for me to be complete.

II earlier today!:soexcited: I'm oos as well. earliest date was in Dec but the had dates out to Feb

How long after you submit amcas do you get a secondary from this school?

How long after you submit amcas do you get a secondary from this school?
I think I waited about three business days before I got my secondary? They do screen so if you just submitted your primary to Cooper it might take a bit longer to hear back especially with the holidays going on.

noticing earlier dates opening up for my interview! tried to reschedule to an earlier date by sending an email thru the portal...anyone else try this and had success?
I basically just said the earlier date works better for me and if its open, i want it bc i want to interview here asap lol

Reactions: 1 users
noticing earlier dates opening up for my interview! tried to reschedule to an earlier date by sending an email thru the portal...anyone else try this and had success?
I basically just said the earlier date works better for me and if its open, i want it bc i want to interview here asap lol
It works! I did this last week and was able to move my feb date to an early dec date that works out much better for me also. Hope it works out for you! They will send you an email with the updated information!

Got that rejection as well.

Wish they provided some reason for this as we filled out so much information through the primary and secondary... In the email it states how they screen in such depth.
My question is, if this were true, why couldn't they simply copy paste their review to us?

But anyway best of luck to all of you still with a chance!

Got that rejection as well.

Wish they provided some reason for this as we filled out so much information through the primary and secondary... In the email it states how they screen in such depth.
My question is, if this were true, why couldn't they simply copy paste their review to us?

But anyway best of luck to all of you still with a chance!
Rejection by email or portal?

Hey all, received a rejection e-mail yesterday. :/ But I'm still confident that I have a chance to be accepted as I've received a few invitations, so I'm keeping an optimistic POV. :)
For those that are interested, 3.35/3.88, 27/510, non-trad. :)

Good luck to all of you! Hoping that all who are interviewed and accepted truly want to go there, it really has a great mission. <3

Also, that e-mail indicates that they aren't able to provide a review for why we were not granted interviews; but has anyone called out of curiosity? If so, what was the office of administration's response?

Sorry to hear about the rejections. Are folks who received the news willing to share when they were complete?

Also, that e-mail indicates that they aren't able to provide a review for why we were not granted interviews; but has anyone called out of curiosity? If so, what was the office of administration's response?

Complete first week of August. ;)

I am assuming it would be something along the lines of: "We receive 5K+ applications, schedule interviews, organize interview days, run interview days, work with current students, need to take breaks to go to the bathroom, etc., and we do not have the time to sit on the phone to let you know why you were rejected".

Not only would it give you an outlet to whine and constantly mutter, "but...", "yeah I know...but you see...", but the logistics simply don't allow it (at the majority of schools).

It's a tough process that requires maturity. When receiving a rejection, I guess we need to have enough insight to figure out why.

Edit: I was also rejected today, pre-ii.

I am assuming it would be something along the lines of: "We receive 5K+ applications, schedule interviews, organize interview days, run interview days, work with current students, need to take breaks to go to the bathroom, etc., and we do not have the time to sit on the phone to let you know why you were rejected".

Not only would it give you an outlet to whine and constantly mutter, "but...", "yeah I know...but you see...", but the logistics simply don't allow it (at the majority of schools).

It's a tough process that requires maturity. When receiving a rejection, I guess we need to have enough insight to figure out why.

Yikes, today? So they're still trickling in, I guess.

Same here...it's tough, but I've got one II so far that I'm really focusing on. I'm IS, complete early Sept, non-trad, URM, LizzyM 64.

Not saying that it doesn't require insight and maturity at all-- it very much does; and I believe I've deduced what could have contributed to a decision like that. I was asking if anyone has called, because while some schools implicate they cannot provide feedback as to why one would be rejected, some schools will indeed provide direct feedback and provide suggestions to improve your application, such as Vanderbilt.

Just got an II! So happy!

Has anyone who was accepted last week receive their acceptance packet in the mail yet?

Just got an II! So happy!

Why didn't you provide your complete date? Clearly people are going to ask...I'm so confused as to why people do this. I always provide my dates and stats. Not trying to be rude but genuinely curious.

Why didn't you provide your complete date? Clearly people are going to ask...I'm so confused as to why people do this. I always provide my dates and stats. Not trying to be rude but genuinely curious.

Well, it's not like it's actually anyones business...

Complete 9/22, sorry I don't constantly check SDN

deleted for offending some people

Last edited:
lol yeah that's true. still worth asking though because it's clear people will want to know. #1 question asked on sdn is "when were you complete?".

anyway, talked to students who go to Cooper. they all said non-medical community service is highly emphasized in this process. in my opinion, if you started volunteering in general, you should send an update. if you're volunteering in a non-medical capacity, you should absolutely send an update!

good luck. i've been complete since mid-August with very little non-medical volunteering.
CMSRU specifically states that they do not accept updates.

Last edited:
deleted for offending some people

Last edited:
Yeah, that's what they say on their website. But I have friends who have sent new letters of rec to AMCAS and these were added to their application. They were given interviews after that. I haven't done it myself because I don't have mission-driven updates like they did =/

My interpretation is that they have a small staff and don't want to be bombarded with extra material. but they are not robots, people make exceptions. you might be lucky. you might not.

As for the: "Moreover, attempting to purposefully fit into the mission halfway through the application cycle sounds futile and dishonest" statement, it sounds like you don't want competition lol

Edit: wait, i'm so confused...the "Moreover, attempting to purposefully fit into the mission halfway through the application cycle sounds futile and dishonest" statement wasn't in the original comment but was there when I replied. How did you do that??
Sending in a new letter to amcas is different. You said an update regarding newly acquired volunteer activities out of desperation to fit a mission. They do not accept updates.

You either fit it or you don't. I didn't, and I was not going to try to play catch up to fit in, as it looks desperate and immature. As you stated though, you may be the exception to the rule over everyone else. Entitlement and specialness are very becoming, my friend.