2016-2017 Cooper Medical School of Rowan University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II an hour ago!!:)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone getting IIs. Concerned that my app was passed over though and this is my top choice

Congrats to everyone getting IIs. Concerned that my app was passed over though and this is my top choice

I'm pretty sure the first batch of IIs were sent out on the 15th. Other than that, there haven't been that many IIs. If you check last years thread, a majority of IIs were sent out in late October and November so I wouldn't worry yet.

I'm pretty sure the first batch of IIs were sent out on the 15th. Other than that, there haven't been that many IIs. If you check last years thread, a majority of IIs were sent out in late October and November so I wouldn't worry yet.
I called like a week and a half ago and they said they still have a large amount of secondaries to go out still. They said their behind this year.

Just got first rejection from here! Didn't even get secondary. :confused: URM LizzyM 60~62 IS

Members don't see this ad :)
For current student or anyone knowledgeable on the topic:

I am coming from OOS. I assume that I should fly into Philadelphia and then take an UBER or the PATCO (I think that is the name) to CMSRU? Which is the best?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

I am unbelievably excited!

Last edited:

I am coming from OOS. I assume that I should fly into Philadelphia and then take an UBER or the PATCO (I think that is the name) to CMSRU? Which is the best?

Ice cube!!! Did you get an ii here? I've been rooting for you and I'm sure you've gotten tons but this is the first ii post I've seen from you lol

Reactions: 1 user
I have been rooting for you, too! You are awesome!

Yeah (a few days back), I generally go incognito with the ii's...but I love Cooper and I needed some advice on how to easily 'adult' in the Philly/Camden area.

Did you hear from here yet? PM me if you want, I would love to know how your cycle is going!

Last edited:

That would probably be your best bet if you're flying in! I'd try to find a hotel close to a patco stop and then take the patco into camden. Get off at Broadway and you'll be very close to the school. Alternatively, you could stay in cherry hill and uber in. It's about a 10 minute ride

That would probably be your best bet if you're flying in! I'd try to find a hotel close to a patco stop and then take the patco into camden. Get off at Broadway and you'll be very close to the school. Alternatively, you could stay in cherry hill and uber in. It's about a 10 minute ride
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer! I can't wait to interview here!

Reactions: 1 users
2 on 1 with one interviewer blinded to your app. Super nice interview. Know your app well because they will!

What? Who will? The standardized patient? Are you sure you aren't thinking of the traditional interview?

What? Who will? The standardized patient? Are you sure you aren't thinking of the traditional interview?
I believe there's a traditional 2 on 1 interview. In addition to the standardized patient

I believe there's a traditional 2 on 1 interview. In addition to the standardized patient
Yes, the traditional interview is the one I was talking about missed the osce part in the first message.

has anyone been to their interview? how was it? did you loooove it ;)?

also, anyone complete late august (8/20ish) and forward hear anything yet?

I was complete august 16th and I haven't heard anything yet!

lol yea did not mean to reply to you. sorry haha
If you meant to reply to me, chill yourself there, bud. ;)

I'm interested in how people feel about their interviews because I love Cooper and want to know if they live up to the hype post-interview.

As for asking if folks' post a certain date have heard- has nothing to do with being impatient but rather just curious what set of folks have already heard.

So. Chill. This process is stressful enough without going out of your way to a) assume what someone's intentions are and b) being rude about it.

I'm interested in how people feel about their interviews because I love Cooper and want to know if they live up to the hype post-interview.

As for asking if folks' post a certain date have heard- has nothing to do with being impatient but rather just curious what set of folks have already heard.

So. Chill. This process is stressful enough without going out of your way to a) assume what someone's intentions are and b) being rude about it.

also not you, I was on my phone and clicked onto the wrong thread. It was a mistake, they happen.

Submitted then, nothing so far, submitted two years ago around early Sept, heard about invite oct 14, interview is ok, standard patients/scenario seemed so contrived to me, like the interview panel can't tell if you have empathy or not during the interview ??

The school was just as cool as it seemed on YouTube and their site. Very friendly staff and beautiful facilities. They mentioned having a newish claim on a huge genomics center (future research opportunities ;)). The center and Cooper University Hospital in walking distance. I really like the few changes they have made to the clinical curriculum and very helpful financial aid staff. Students were great and very happy to chat, even after the food had disappeared. And they are putting up more buildings, so seems like they are in a great growth position. Pushed keeping student input important for future development. Overall great experience and very laid back.

Plus they told us we will find out the 17th! And explained that for interviews after the 17th, they meet every Wednesday and send out their decision that Thursday.

Good vibes to everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know how we find out after the interview our status/ when? I'm assuming tomorrow? Phone call or email?

Anyone hear anything today? Specifically people who interviewed on Sept. 30?

I was almost positive that they said today which is why I'm panicking.... wondering if anyone else got some news.

Literally just got a call from a south jersey number, answer to hear "Congratulations...... long pause... you've been selected for a free trip" LIKE COME ON MAN!

Reactions: 3 users
ACCEPTED!!!! Just got the email 5 minutes ago. 99% chance I'm going here.

Reactions: 9 users