2016-2017 Creighton University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got waitlisted. Still in the game I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
waitlisted. Does anyone know what % of waitlisted people get in?

In answer to the waitlist question I think it depends on the year so it's hard to predict but here is what someone said earlier...
Hey guys! I’m a current M3 at Creighton SOM, and I thought I would make a list of common questions people often have.

What are my chances of getting in off the waitlist?
  • So 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 were bad years for the waitlist. The classes got overfilled, and I’m pretty sure no one got in off the list. BUT in 2015-2016, a ton of people got in off the list (probably because they were trying to make sure the classes didn’t get overfilled again). I don’t know what strategy they’ll be going with this year, but of the ~8 ish people I personally knew on the waitlist last year all got in.

If you have any other questions, just message me! I love to help people out. I’m in and out of rotations all year, so I might take a bit to get back to you if I'm super busy.

Reactions: 1 user
Withdrew my II, good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else who interviewed September 30/October 1st waiting to hear back?

Reactions: 2 users
Mine too. The last group didn't hear back until Wednesday, perhaps they're running a little behind schedule? This is week 6 since the interview, right?

Yep, this is week 6. I'm gonna assume that we'll hear tomorrow or Thursday

Anyone else get the diversity scholarship email today? I can't find the application on my portal.

Anyone know if the "no news is good news" still applies? Complete since late August and I'm beginning to think I'm getting a silent rejection...

Anyone know if the "no news is good news" still applies? Complete since late August and I'm beginning to think I'm getting a silent rejection...

I was complete around Aug. 8th and I just got an II last week, so I wouldn't start worrying just yet!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else get the diversity scholarship email today? I can't find the application on my portal.
Yeah I just logged into my portal. There isn't an application. Has yours changed since you last checked it?

Yeah I just logged into my portal. There isn't an application. Has yours changed since you last checked it?

+1 mines gone too, and the thank you for visiting campus message as well.

EDIT: letters gone

Last edited:

No, I still can't find a scholarship application. If it's not there by early next week I'll email them.

I'm sorry to hear that-fingers crossed for you!
Did anyone else have their letters disappear or get a decision? I interviewed on 10/1 and my letters are still there. I'm so anxious that I finally made an account instead of just lurking as usual

I'm sorry to hear that-fingers crossed for you!
Did anyone else have their letters disappear or get a decision? I interviewed on 10/1 and my letters are still there. I'm so anxious that I finally made an account instead of just lurking as usual
interviewed on 10/1, letters are still there, no decision as of yet

Reactions: 1 users
Also interviewed 10/1 letters and thanks for visiting campus message still up- hopefully we will get a decision before the weekend!

Dang. alternate list. I thought my interviews went very well.

has Creighton rejected anyone yet (pre-II)? Really love the sound of this school but slowly losing hope (complete mid-july)

Does anyone know the attendance policy? Are lectures also recorded?

At the end of the interview they said they really liked updates. I added the classes I would be taking next semester so they would know I was planning to take a statistics class and physiology class. If you have not satisfied the required courses yet I would definitely put an update in about the classes you are going to take if you know already.

Sorry if this is obvious, but I've been trying to find where to send an update letter. Do you know where to?

Sorry if this is obvious, but I've been trying to find where to send an update letter. Do you know where to?
Online on your portal: click applications, view status, then click document uploads

ACCEPTED!!! This is my first acceptance and I really liked Creighton when I interviewed. I'm so happy right now

Reactions: 5 users
Alternate status! interviewed 11/1

Edit: I withdrew my app.

Last edited:
Accepted! First and only interview so far. So excited about this opportunity- I absolutely loved this school and am stoked to go here! Congrats to everyone else as well-hope to see you next year!

Reactions: 3 users
Eh anyone else still waiting for an II? Congrats to all those accepted!

Reactions: 10 users