You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Creighton University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Okay thank you so much!!! Will continue to update them but it looks like most IIS have gone outYES! Creighton finds updates VERY important and they said numerous times that they see them as an indicator of interest.
Congrats!!!Just got the e-mail that I am accepted!!![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
YES! Creighton finds updates VERY important and they said numerous times that they see them as an indicator of interest.
Do you think they are important post-interview? Don't really have anything to update them with but I hope that they know I'm interested after flying out to the interview. Anything I should do?
BehindBlueEyes, did you interview on Nov. 12th? I also interviewed that day, but my banner and letters did not come down. Do you know what that means?
Does anyone have hotel recommendations? I'd like a hotel with shuttle service to and from the airport and to and from campus. Thanks!
I think they're most important post-interview. My first interviewer gave me pointers for what I should be updating. He basically said extra community service, grade updates, and shadowing!Do you think they are important post-interview? Don't really have anything to update them with but I hope that they know I'm interested after flying out to the interview. Anything I should do?
I did interview 11/12. I honestly don't know what it could mean, but I wouldn't read too far into it. I thought this school was a long shot so I hadn't checked my portal since I interviewed, sorry! Best of luck though!BehindBlueEyes, did you interview on Nov. 12th? I also interviewed that day, but my banner and letters did not come down. Do you know what that means?
D
deleted781806
Does anyone have hotel recommendations? I'd like a hotel with shuttle service to and from the airport and to and from campus. Thanks!
I stayed at the Fairfield Marriott Downtown while I was interviewing, they have a nice shuttle service that should be able to take you to and from campus (as long as you arrange it ahead of time) and can also get you to the M0 dinner if you are interested in that. Seemed like a reasonable price, but definitely check out others as well!
Do you think they are important post-interview? Don't really have anything to update them with but I hope that they know I'm interested after flying out to the interview. Anything I should do?
When they discussed the possibility of updating post-interview, it seemed like it was very important to send one if your interviewer mentioned/recommended that you should update certain aspects of your application. I wasn't told to update anything, so I didn't send a post-interview update and ended up with an acceptance (n=1). They also review alternates in January and June, so if you end up on that list they encouraged us to call them to see what should be updated before the review occurs. Best of luck!
Also, Congrats to BlueEyes!
When they discussed the possibility of updating post-interview, it seemed like it was very important to send one if your interviewer mentioned/recommended that you should update certain aspects of your application. I wasn't told to update anything, so I didn't send a post-interview update and ended up with an acceptance (n=1). They also review alternates in January and June, so if you end up on that list they encouraged us to call them to see what should be updated before the review occurs. Best of luck!
Thank you so much and congrats on the acceptance! My interviewers didn't mention anything that I should update so hopefully that is a good sign, but I guess I'll find out in January
D
deleted781806
Thank you so much and congrats on the acceptance! My interviewers didn't mention anything that I should update so hopefully that is a good sign, but I guess I'll find out in January
One addition, if you do have something to update, such as grades or a new experience that was significant for you, I'd still go ahead and send it! Even if they didn't mention anything, I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to send extra material for consideration if it adds something to your application.
Does anyone have hotel recommendations? I'd like a hotel with shuttle service to and from the airport and to and from campus. Thanks!
I stayed at the Hyatt Place in Old Market. They have a free shuttle to/from the airport and also to/from Creighton/anywhere within a certain mile radius.
"Happy Holidays"
Have they sent out any pre-II rejections? I enjoyed their holiday email and was wondering whether I should send in an update or if they are just planning to reject me regardless.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have they sent out any pre-II rejections? I enjoyed their holiday email and was wondering whether I should send in an update or if they are just planning to reject me regardless.
I would send one.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Have many people been rejected post-II? It seems like most people are either waitlisted or accepted
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thank you Creighton, happy holidays to you as well."Happy Holidays"
They don't give out any post-II rejections.Have many people been rejected post-II? It seems like most people are either waitlisted or accepted
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Is there a Facebook group for accepted students or something? I don't want to spam this page with questions about matriculation lol.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Is there a Facebook group for accepted students or something? I don't want to spam this page with questions about matriculation lol.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I haven't been able to find one yet 🙁
Hmmm. Well I was accepted with the condition of completing more non-medical community service. The acceptance e-mail said that in my official letter there would be instructions on how to submit a report on how I planned to complete the requirement, but the letter is just generic and says nothing... anyone else here in a similar spot?
Oh, and Merry Christmas! 😉
Oh, and Merry Christmas! 😉
I was accepted under the condition that I complete a physiology course. I took one last quarter so it wasn't on my transcript. It was an upper division course in the physiology department, and the letter of the conditional acceptance just said I need to take a animal/human physiology course. However, the website says "Such courses will focus on the function of all organ-systems within humans and/or other mammals." The course I took focused on neurological diseases but did talk about how they affect almost every organ system. Or do they want a traditional course that goes organ system by organ system? Because my school doesn't offer any courses like that. Hopefully they'll be lenient.
Anyone in a similar situation/have more insight on this?
Anyone in a similar situation/have more insight on this?
They need traditional course.I was accepted under the condition that I complete a physiology course. I took one last quarter so it wasn't on my transcript. It was an upper division course in the physiology department, and the letter of the conditional acceptance just said I need to take a animal/human physiology course. However, the website says "Such courses will focus on the function of all organ-systems within humans and/or other mammals." The course I took focused on neurological diseases but did talk about how they affect almost every organ system. Or do they want a traditional course that goes organ system by organ system? Because my school doesn't offer any courses like that. Hopefully they'll be lenient.
Anyone in a similar situation/have more insight on this?
They need traditional course.
Okay thanks, my university doesn't offer any courses like that this year. And I go to a big university so I assume this would be a problem for a lot of people. Anyone complete this requirement online? I'm thinking about the University of New England online physiology course, it looks like it would meet all of the requirements.
Okay thanks, my university doesn't offer any courses like that this year. And I go to a big university so I assume this would be a problem for a lot of people. Anyone complete this requirement online? I'm thinking about the University of New England online physiology course, it looks like it would meet all of the requirements.
I called them while I was doing the secondary back in August, and they said online courses work perfectly fine. If I remember correctly, the lady mentioned a course offered by either UC San Diego or San Diego State University, not sure why.
Do you submit the update by email? I haven't found a way to do it through their secondary application portal.Okay thank you so much!!! Will continue to update them but it looks like most IIS have gone out
Log onto your secondary application and click "check status" (its on the right). Then click document upload and more option for uploading will come up.Do you submit the update by email? I haven't found a way to do it through their secondary application portal.
Anyone know when in January will creighton review the waitlisted people again?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was an alternate. The letters and thank you message was in the portal till last week. They disappeared this morning. That means they are reviewing the alternate/wait listed people.Anyone know when in January will creighton review the waitlisted people again?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I was an alternate. The letters and thank you message was in the portal till last week. They disappeared this morning. That means they are reviewing the alternate/wait listed people.
After you uploaded your files, where did the "green" confirmation show up? Ayer I hit the "upload" button, the page turned back to the page that had a list of things that you can upload. Is that supposed to happen? Does the "green" confirmation show up on this page? Thanks!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Edit: Jk. It showed up right under the category on the list. Thanks anyway!
Yes, it happens. It will take few minutes to show the document updated date and time in green font.After you uploaded your files, where did the "green" confirmation show up? Ayer I hit the "upload" button, the page turned back to the page that had a list of things that you can upload. Is that supposed to happen? Does the "green" confirmation show up on this page? Thanks!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Edit: Jk. It showed up right under the category on the list. Thanks anyway!
Yes, it happens. It will take few minutes to show the document updated date and time in green font.
When you said "they disappeared" do you mean the green notification disappeared? Cuz when I uploaded my update letter, they didn't show up like the rec letters did. There wasn't a list or anything, just that green notification.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Accepted today!!!!
Interviewed 12/2.
Interviewed 12/2.
Last edited:
Accepted off of waitlist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't even right now. I'm bouncing off the walls!!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Accepted today!!!!Interviewed 12/9.
Wow it's so early! Did you get an email?
I regret not giving updates to this school.. is it too late now do you all think?
I honestly have no idea. I interviewed 12/9 as well and I haven't heard anything yet. But maybe it's because I submitted updates?
I regret not giving updates to this school.. is it too late now do you all think?
Do it now! Not late! I got waitlisted and I spoke with admissions on the phone. They said they encourage updates! I sent one in on Tuesday and got in today. 🙂
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Accepted off of waitlist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't even right now. I'm bouncing off the walls!!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Congrats!!!!! Looking forward to meeting you next year!!
Edit: I guess I can say this year now! See you in August 🙂
Congrats!!!!! Looking forward to meeting you next year!!
Edit: I guess I can say this year now! See you in August 🙂
Thaaaaaanksss! I'm so stoked!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I just got an interview invite last week and I happen to also have a paper published from my current lab. Its also being highlighted in the issue. Should I update them now before my February interview or wait until I interview? I've seen people say that post-interview updates are ideal.
So I just got an interview invite last week and I happen to also have a paper published from my current lab. Its also being highlighted in the issue. Should I update them now before my February interview or wait until I interview? I've seen people say that post-interview updates are ideal.
Congrats, when were you complete?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Anybody know if theres an admitted students page?
That's what Orthosurg and I were discussing earlier, but we haven't seen anything so far [emoji53]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K