2016-2017 Creighton University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Complete early August and silence.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Anybody know Creightons post interview acceptance rate? Freaking out just a little bit and really loved this school

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody know Creightons post interview acceptance rate. Freaking out just a little bit

Last year was 61%, this year will be closer to 53% (assuming that the matriculants:acceptances ratio remains equal)

Interviewed on October 29th. Any guessing when will we hear the decision?

Thank you for visiting campus message gone. Interviewed on 10/29.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Late submission - secondary considered complete and ready for review on 11/8. Anyone know how long/if interviews are still being offered?

No email yet on the decision....waiting game....
@Orthosurg1 : Can we call them?

If I remember my timeline correctly, I think on a Thursday I noticed that my 'thank you for visiting campus' had disappeared. Then on either Sunday or Monday my letters disappeared. Then I received the acceptance on a Wednesday, both via email and portal. Not that I'm saying they always give out decisions on Wednesdays, because I'm really not sure. So I personally didn't call the admissions office, but I know plenty of people did, so you wouldn't be alone if you called!

Reactions: 1 user
If I remember my timeline correctly, I think on a Thursday I noticed that my 'thank you for visiting campus' had disappeared. Then on either Sunday or Monday my letters disappeared. Then I received the acceptance on a Wednesday, both via email and portal. Not that I'm saying they always give out decisions on Wednesdays, because I'm really not sure. So I personally didn't call the admissions office, but I know plenty of people did, so you wouldn't be alone if you called!
Thank you.

Alternate!
Just my portal got updated.
@Orthosurg1: What is the difference between alternate and wait list? Do I have any chances to get in this year?

Alternate!
Just my portal got updated.
@Orthosurg1: What is the difference between alternate and wait list? Do I have any chances to get in this year?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think alternate status is the same as being waitlisted. Historically, I really don't know what movement off of the waitlist has looked like. But I would imagine there's definitely still a chance!

I'm not 100% sure, but I think alternate status is the same as being waitlisted. Historically, I really don't know what movement off of the waitlist has looked like. But I would imagine there's definitely still a chance!
Thank you.

Accepted yesterday! Lizzy M 69. On top of the world right now

Reactions: 3 users
Is it safe to assume those of us complete back in July/August who have not been invited will be rejected?

Hey everyone! I interview tomorrow and I was wondering, what did everyone bring to their interview? Copy of AMCAS? Paper? Pens? I have literally no idea

Hey everyone! I interview tomorrow and I was wondering, what did everyone bring to their interview? Copy of AMCAS? Paper? Pens? I have literally no idea

You don't need to bring anything! They will give you a folder and a pen when you get there, and you can take notes (if you feel like it) on the papers in the folder! Good luck! :)

Just received an II, so pleasantly surprised! Dates were available starting mid-January.

"Thanks for visiting" and LoRs are gone, interviewed 11/5, very anxious to hear back.

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks! And congrats on the II!
(Sorry, I haven't seen many II go out on this thread in awhile so I was a bit hasty with asking for info I personally wanted to know.)
No worries, @mishamichii. :) I understand the utility of that info and should have included it in my original post (SDN etiquette)!

II, complete late sept. does creighton do mostly rolling admissions? trying to figure out which interview date to choose. choices are 4 consecutive friday/saturdays? in terms of admissions, is there any obvious advantage to pick the earliest date?

Last edited:
ACCEPTED!!! I cannot believe it right now, I'm beyond ecstatic to hear this great news right before finals week!

Reactions: 7 users
ACCEPTED!!! I cannot believe it right now, I'm beyond ecstatic to hear this great news right before finals week!

Congrats! What a fantastic way to finish up your semester. Hope to see you on campus next year!

Reactions: 2 users
II on 12/8, interviewing 1/20. App complete in early September. OOS, Lizzy of 68.

Interviewed 12/9
This school makes me so excited. I wasn't sure what to expect going in, but everyone was SO nice and accommodating. Here's hoping.. they had suggestions for quite a few updates to my application.

Anybody know Creightons post interview acceptance rate? Freaking out just a little bit and really loved this school

I was just there this past Friday, and Dr. Barone said that they'll end up accepting 325. That's about half of the interviewers.

Thank you for visiting message and LORs disappeared. Interviewed 11/12

Offered an Interview here but will be withdrawing, I hope one of y'all get the opportunity!