You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Creighton University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Anybody know Creightons post interview acceptance rate. Freaking out just a little bit
Last year was 61%, this year will be closer to 53% (assuming that the matriculants:acceptances ratio remains equal)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh why is it dropping this year?
They are interviewing ~80 more people
Anyone interviewing December 9? 🙂
Didn't they say to expect a decision around the first week of January?Interviewed on October 29th. Any guessing when will we hear the decision?
Interviewed 10/29. My message and letters are both gone. Are your letters gone as well?Thank you for visiting campus message gone. Interviewed on 10/29.
Yes, both gone.Interviewed 10/29. My message and letters are both gone. Are your letters gone as well?
Ooooh I hope you all hear back shortly! 🙂
No email yet on the decision....waiting game....
@Orthosurg1 : Can we call them?
If I remember my timeline correctly, I think on a Thursday I noticed that my 'thank you for visiting campus' had disappeared. Then on either Sunday or Monday my letters disappeared. Then I received the acceptance on a Wednesday, both via email and portal. Not that I'm saying they always give out decisions on Wednesdays, because I'm really not sure. So I personally didn't call the admissions office, but I know plenty of people did, so you wouldn't be alone if you called!
Let me know if you end up calling them!No email yet on the decision....waiting game....
@Orthosurg1 : Can we call them?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you.If I remember my timeline correctly, I think on a Thursday I noticed that my 'thank you for visiting campus' had disappeared. Then on either Sunday or Monday my letters disappeared. Then I received the acceptance on a Wednesday, both via email and portal. Not that I'm saying they always give out decisions on Wednesdays, because I'm really not sure. So I personally didn't call the admissions office, but I know plenty of people did, so you wouldn't be alone if you called!
Alternate!
Just my portal got updated.
@Orthosurg1: What is the difference between alternate and wait list? Do I have any chances to get in this year?
I'm not 100% sure, but I think alternate status is the same as being waitlisted. Historically, I really don't know what movement off of the waitlist has looked like. But I would imagine there's definitely still a chance!
Thank you.I'm not 100% sure, but I think alternate status is the same as being waitlisted. Historically, I really don't know what movement off of the waitlist has looked like. But I would imagine there's definitely still a chance!
Accepted today! Good luck to those still waiting!
when did you interview?Accepted today! Good luck to those still waiting!
10/29when did you interview?
Is it safe to assume those of us complete back in July/August who have not been invited will be rejected?
Hey everyone! I interview tomorrow and I was wondering, what did everyone bring to their interview? Copy of AMCAS? Paper? Pens? I have literally no idea
Hey everyone! I interview tomorrow and I was wondering, what did everyone bring to their interview? Copy of AMCAS? Paper? Pens? I have literally no idea
You don't need to bring anything! They will give you a folder and a pen when you get there, and you can take notes (if you feel like it) on the papers in the folder! Good luck! 🙂
Just received an II, so pleasantly surprised! Dates were available starting mid-January.
Same!
IS/OOS? Stats?Just received an II, so pleasantly surprised! Dates were available starting mid-January.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
D
deleted781806
"Thanks for visiting" and LoRs are gone, interviewed 11/5, very anxious to hear back.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS, LizzyM ~71IS/OOS? Stats?
OOS, LizzyM ~71
Thanks! And congrats on the II!
(Sorry, I haven't seen many II go out on this thread in awhile so I was a bit hasty with asking for info I personally wanted to know.)
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Interview Invitation!!!
No worries, @mishamichii. 🙂 I understand the utility of that info and should have included it in my original post (SDN etiquette)!Thanks! And congrats on the II!
(Sorry, I haven't seen many II go out on this thread in awhile so I was a bit hasty with asking for info I personally wanted to know.)
II, complete late sept. does creighton do mostly rolling admissions? trying to figure out which interview date to choose. choices are 4 consecutive friday/saturdays? in terms of admissions, is there any obvious advantage to pick the earliest date?
Last edited:
When were you complete?Interview Invitation!!!
complete in late augustWhen were you complete?
D
deleted781806
ACCEPTED!!! I cannot believe it right now, I'm beyond ecstatic to hear this great news right before finals week!
ACCEPTED!!! I cannot believe it right now, I'm beyond ecstatic to hear this great news right before finals week!
Congrats! What a fantastic way to finish up your semester. Hope to see you on campus next year!
Accepted this morning as well! #blessed
Anyone know if there is a fb group/page for accepted students?
Interviewed 12/9
This school makes me so excited. I wasn't sure what to expect going in, but everyone was SO nice and accommodating. Here's hoping.. they had suggestions for quite a few updates to my application.
This school makes me so excited. I wasn't sure what to expect going in, but everyone was SO nice and accommodating. Here's hoping.. they had suggestions for quite a few updates to my application.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anybody know Creightons post interview acceptance rate? Freaking out just a little bit and really loved this school
I was just there this past Friday, and Dr. Barone said that they'll end up accepting 325. That's about half of the interviewers.
Thank you for visiting message and LORs disappeared. Interviewed 11/12
Does Creighton actually read through updates?
Does Creighton actually read through updates?
YES! Creighton finds updates VERY important and they said numerous times that they see them as an indicator of interest.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K