2016-2017 Florida Atlantic University (Schmidt) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm still "Secondary Application Complete" since the same time.
Mine says this too. I don't mind waiting but I'm not even sure if my file is "complete" with them. As in they never sent a "complete" e-mail and they don't use that common portal that a lot of schools use with the checklist. Soooo now I'm not even sure if they have all my components or that phrase just reflects the fact that I completed the secondary essays/info.

Members don't see this ad.

Will people please share their stats? I'm an in state with a:
502 MCAT
3.44 Cumulative
3.77 Science GPA.

150 hours of shadowing with two physician letters of recommendation.
120 Volunteer hours in an ED

I want to know if I can stack up at all to the other IN state applicants who are actually looking to go here.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have interviewed already, I know they said they'd call around 10 am for acceptances but did they say when it would be on the portal? I'm remembering 8 am but I'm not too sure

Last edited:
Congrats!!! Phone call??

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
@WatchHowISoar

When did you guys interview!? And Super Congrats!!!!!!

Thank you!!! :) I interviewed 9/15

I missed a call from FAU! did your portal change?

No, my portal hasn't changed yet but Monica said she would send emails and change portals tonight. I think they said they call only if you get accepted, so Congratulations!

EDIT: My portal has now changed!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone's portal still not changed & not heard anything?

What date did you interview if you dont mind me asking? @kobe8788

anyone still not hear anything via phone or portal? And what was the status before accepted/alternate list? Was it "Admissions Committee Scheduled"?

Last edited:
Can accepteds post stats? Want to see if I'm competitive for this school

Does anyone know how much the alternate list moves?

For anyone that's interviewed is it completely open-file or semi-blind?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using SDN mobile

Did anyone else get a post-acceptance call from their interviewer?

Did anyone feel like what they wrote for their secondaries was similar to the experiences in the primary application? Still have not heard back and Im worried.

Did anyone feel like what they wrote for their secondaries was similar to the experiences in the primary application? Still have not heard back and Im worried.

I think my secondary essays were well thought out, but it still says on my application "Secondary Completed" so I think they either just haven't gotten around to looking at more applications or they're going by how competitive the individuals are.

I think my secondary essays were well thought out, but it still says on my application "Secondary Completed" so I think they either just haven't gotten around to looking at more applications or they're going by how competitive the individuals are.

Pretty sure they go by how competitive the individuals are. "Many medical schools prioritize applications for review by GPA and MCAT information, regardless of the time during the admissions cycle that they were received." It's from their FAQ so safe to assume they are one of the "many medical schools" that do this.

Anybody submit in July still have the "Application Completed" status? Almost at 3 months without any "preliminary review" status. OOS

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed on the 29 and my portal still says committee scheduled? anyone else still not here anything?

Reactions: 1 users