2016-2017 Florida State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1 actually 7/22 lol yay :yawn:
Wow you beat me! lol sorry to hear :( hope we will hear back soon

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Under review since 8/10. Lol.

Stats a bit above the average. LM 68
Same, LM 69, OOS. 7/25. Would really love a chance to interview too.. But my app says "no status"

Reactions: 1 user
Same, LM 69, OOS. 7/25. Would really love a chance to interview too.. But my app says "no status"
I'm IS.

That "no status" is strange through. You should have several statuses after that ultimately leading to "application under review". I would give them a call if I were you. I had to call back in July because my letters were never downloaded so I couldn't be marked complete without them.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm IS.

That "no status" is strange through. You should have several statuses after that ultimately leading to "application under review". I would give them a call if I were you. I had to call back in July because my letters were never downloaded so I couldn't be marked complete without them.

So I think what is a bit off about the status page is how it is set up- this is why I don't think you are actually "No Status" as it is you are reading it incorrectly?

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but this is how my page is laid out (without doing a screen shot of my actual page) this is just my guess on the "No Status" is actually for the date the primary was received? I haven't called to check myself, but mine too reads "No Status" but at the earliest date possible and chronologically it descends to most recent date at which it reads "Application under review"

Applicant Name

Application Status 11/3/2016
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Application Status Date Received/Processed
No Status 2016-X-X *this is the date of your Primary being received
Secondary Application Requested 2016-X-X
Secondary Application Received 2016-X-X
Evaluation(s)/Recommendation(s) - Complete 2016-X-X
Application Under Review by Office of Admissions 2016-X-X *this is the actual date of review

So I think what is a bit off about the status page is how it is set up- this is why I don't think you are actually "No Status" as it is you are reading it incorrectly?

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but this is how my page is laid out (without doing a screen shot of my actual page) this is just my guess on the "No Status" is actually for the date the primary was received? I haven't called to check myself, but mine too reads "No Status" but at the earliest date possible and chronologically it descends to most recent date at which it reads "Application under review"

Applicant Name

Application Status 11/3/2016
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Application Status Date Received/Processed
No Status 2016-X-X *this is the date of your Primary being received
Secondary Application Requested 2016-X-X
Secondary Application Received 2016-X-X
Evaluation(s)/Recommendation(s) - Complete 2016-X-X
Application Under Review by Office of Admissions 2016-X-X *this is the actual date of review
You are correct i believe i was reading it wrong! thank you

Does anybody know if there is a high chance of getting off the waitlist post interview?

According to data from last year, about 50 applicants got waitlisted and about 20 got accepted from the waitlist by June, so I'd say you have a pretty good chance, but you may not hear back until May

According to data from last year, about 50 applicants got waitlisted and about 20 got accepted from the waitlist by June, so I'd say you have a pretty good chance, but you may not hear back until May

Thank you!!

Where did you get that data from do you mind telling me?

A year ago, I was interviewed at this school. The interview came as a surprise since my MCAT was pretty damn low (498). My first interviewer remained relax throughout the hour-long interview. However, my second interviewer nailed me to the core and multiple times mentioned my low MCAT score. Few weeks later I received an email with a waitlist notice. It shattered my heart. That cycle I also applied to DO schools and earned an acceptance. Nonetheless, I never felt quite happy and FSU lingered in my thoughts. I decided to deferred both of my acceptances and retake the MCAT. I retook it last September. Got a 507. And now, armed with hope and resilience, I decided to comeback for more, as I fell in love with this school. I am applying late this cycle, but I know that someone will give me a chance. I have fought too many battles, and this one will not be my last one.

For those that still waiting to hear back, don't feel hopeless. Time will tell.

Reactions: 11 users
A year ago, I was interviewed at this school. The interview came as a surprise since my MCAT was pretty damn low (498). My first interviewer remained relax throughout the hour-long interview. However, my second interviewer nailed me to the core and multiple times mentioned my low MCAT score. Few weeks later I received an email with a waitlist notice. It shattered my heart. That cycle I also applied to DO schools and earned an acceptance. Nonetheless, I never felt quite happy and FSU lingered in my thoughts. I decided to deferred both of my acceptances and retake the MCAT. I retook it last September. Got a 507. And now, armed with hope and resilience, I decided to comeback for more, as I fell in love with this school. I am applying late this cycle, but I know that someone will give me a chance. I have fought too many battles, and this one will not be my last one.

For those that still waiting to hear back, don't feel hopeless. Time will tell.
Do you remember what month in the cycle you got the interview?

For those who have been accepted, do they require a deposit?

Members don't see this ad :)
That is a huge relief. Do you mind sharing your stats? I'm a LizzyM 68 and have been under review since 9/20 :(

I had around the class average for last year. I think my lizzy m was between 67-70.

Yeap. It was toward the end of January. That tells you that there is hope. Relax. You'll get in at some point. Don't give up.

100% correct. There are people in my class who interviewed on the very last interview date just a week or two before class started in May.

Just wondering where you got this info from? Thanks for sharing!

ACCEPTED!! They do a pretty good job letting you know what your status is 2 weeks after the interview.

Reactions: 8 users
II! Submitted 8/29. Under review 9/29.

I know they say to schedule your interview day within 2 weeks of your invite, would it be frowned upon if we schedule it for a later date?

I know they say to schedule your interview day within 2 weeks of your invite, would it be frowned upon if we schedule it for a later date?

I scheduled mine for like a month later, couldn't make it before because I had holidays I needed to be home for. I don't necessarily know if they didn't like that but they should understand everybody has a life and you might not be able to make it within those 2 weeks...

So surprised....II! :banana: I was ED and under review 07/20 and deferred a few months later. There's still hope y'all! :) My stats are pretty average (LM <70) but my ECs are really good. I am also a 2nd time applicant (applied late last cycle, like in December/January late).

Don't give up yet! Do some community volunteering and send it as an update. My application didn't change a whole lot from last cycle since they were so close together - however one of the few things that changed was the addition of some Habitat for Humanity volunteering.

Time to go buy a pantsuit.

Reactions: 12 users
So surprised....II! :banana: I was ED and under review 07/20 and deferred a few months later. There's still hope y'all! :) My stats are pretty average (LM <70) but my ECs are really good. I am also a 2nd time applicant (applied late last cycle, like in December/January late).

Don't give up yet! Do some community volunteering and send it as an update. My application didn't change a whole lot from last cycle since they were so close together - however one of the few things that changed was the addition of some Habitat for Humanity volunteering.

Time to go buy a pantsuit.
Congrats!!! I'm in the same exact boat.. I was ED under review on 7/22 and was deferred. I've sent a few updates but felt that it went unnoticed -_- Do you have any advice?
Good luck on the II!!!

Congrats!!! I'm in the same exact boat.. I was ED under review on 7/22 and was deferred. I've sent a few updates but felt that it went unnoticed -_- Do you have any advice?
Good luck on the II!!!

Thank you! So between the time I was deferred and the time I got an interview, I actually didn't send in any updates - but I did send in an additional letter of recommendation. I believe FSU is big on community volunteering, so I think that would be the best advice I can give.

Good luck and keep sending in updates. I was deferred back in September, so clearly they do go back to review ED applicants.

Does anyone know if it is a good thing to send a letter of interest before receiving an II and mentioning that my fiance is planning to attend FSU for one of their other programs? We are both OOS

Does anyone know if it is a good thing to send a letter of interest before receiving an II and mentioning that my fiance is planning to attend FSU for one of their other programs? We are both OOS

I don't see how it could hurt anything.

II today! Complete 10/21. In-state applicant. LizzyM score of 69.7. I'm really excited for this one!

Reactions: 6 users
Seeing people get II got me like
giphy.gif

Reactions: 8 users
Have any OOS applicants received an II?

No status still. The application was submitted in early October. AA student with average GPA and MCAT, but tons of ECs and clinical experience. Any hope for an II for me?

No status still. The application was submitted in early October. AA student with average GPA and MCAT, but tons of ECs and clinical experience. Any hope for an II for me?

I waited over two months for an interview and I know FSU interviews all the way to April. Tons of time left!

Reactions: 3 users
I waited over two months for an interview and I know FSU interviews all the way to April. Tons of time left!
I've been complete since July and nothing yet.. starting to give up