2016-2017 Florida State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anxious for my post interview decision (this week). Does anyone know if they give responses on Wednesdays? What time usually? Email or call?

Sorry for being neurotic BTW...:(

Members don't see this ad.

Anxious for my post interview decision (this week). Does anyone know if they give responses on Wednesdays? What time usually? Email or call?

Sorry for being neurotic BTW...:(
I received mine on a Tuesday at 3 PM and it was via email.

Members don't see this ad :)
When was your interview in relation to that tuesday? (Week/two weeks before) if you don't mind me asking
I interviewed the first day so it was a little more than 2 weeks due to the Oct. 15th acceptance window opening. From what I've heard from all of my colleagues, everyone hears back after 2 weeks

I interviewed on a Friday and received my decision via email on a Thursday almost exactly two weeks after my interview

Cooooome on Fsu send out those decisions today

Reactions: 1 user
In that boat with you!! I think I've been refreshing my email every 10-30 minutes since Tuesday morning.

I think I have refreshed the mail app on my phone maybe 1000 times since Tuesday honestly. The anticipation is killing me. Think we'll get em today?

I think I have refreshed the mail app on my phone maybe 1000 times since Tuesday honestly. The anticipation is killing me. Think we'll get em today?

Honestly, probably not. From what I've read it's usually 2 weeks after the interview. But it could literally be at anytime!! I feel like I've also read they always send them out at 3pm but who knows! Think it'd be overkill to call :laugh:

Honestly, probably not. From what I've read it's usually 2 weeks after the interview. But it could literally be at anytime!! I feel like I've also read they always send them out at 3pm but who knows! Think it'd be overkill to call :laugh:

Last weeks acceptances came out on a Thursday was the only thing that got my hopes up. I'm banking on your 3 pm theory for now haha

Members don't see this ad :)
A few weeks ago so it's a late update. :bag: I don't come on the forum much so I just thought to check in lol.

Understandable! Well congrats! Just wanted to see if you were in my interview group. I'm relieved you aren't :laugh:

Waiting to hear back after you've been placed on hold like..
9ce1ba473fc91c0637ada79796d66384a307c52d_hq.gif

Reactions: 10 users
my e-mail has been refreshed every 10 minutes since noon. I still think they go out at 3pm. I'm thinking tomorrow will be the day. We will see!

I called today and they said "by the end of the week" not sure if it was just being safe or if they are just that behind due to holidays and such. In any case this wait is killer. It's been over two weeks since my interview. I'm itching to hear back.

I called today and they said "by the end of the week" not sure if it was just being safe or if they are just that behind due to holidays and such. In any case this wait is killer. It's been over two weeks since my interview. I'm itching to hear back.

Maybe if I call too, they'll get on it! ;) ugh we're so desperate :laugh:

Just got an email saying decisions are delayed till next week. Darn!

Just got an email saying decisions are delayed till next week. Darn!

Anybody else not hear back yet? I submitted secondary late July, LizzieM score of 68.4 and IS. Starting to freak out lol

Reactions: 2 users
Anybody else not hear back yet? I submitted secondary late July, LizzieM score of 68.4 and IS. Starting to freak out lol
I'm in the same EXACT boat lol

Anyone have any advice on when I should send an update letter? I just finished up my SMP ( I still had two semesters left when I initially submitted my app) and added some new volunteer/ work experience. My fear is with the holidays coming up and the delays everyone is experiencing in their post-interview news, my update will be lost in the shuffle so I'm not sure if I should send it right before the holidays or after. Any thoughts? I would really appreciate it guys!!

Anyone have any advice on when I should send an update letter? I just finished up my SMP ( I still had two semesters left when I initially submitted my app) and added some new volunteer/ work experience. My fear is with the holidays coming up and the delays everyone is experiencing in their post-interview news, my update will be lost in the shuffle so I'm not sure if I should send it right before the holidays or after. Any thoughts? I would really appreciate it guys!!

I would wait until your fall grades are released, if they aren't already.

Accepted!!
Submitted 8/29.
Under review 9/29.
II 11/19.
Interview date 12/2.
Accepted 12/14!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 13 users
Aaaaand waitlisted! Boo. To think, I was deferred from ED, brought back for an interview 2 months later, and then waitlisted. What a roller coaster

Aaaaand waitlisted! Boo. To think, I was deferred from ED, brought back for an interview 2 months later, and then waitlisted. What a roller coaster

Did you put your hands up on the drops?! ;)

Did you put your hands up on the drops?! ;)
I threw my hands in the air like I just didn't care except I actually really did and was quite displeased with the resulting status

Reactions: 3 users

are your interview skills lacking?

long time lurker.... found out today via phone call I was accepted! LM ~69 Interview Date 12/09

Reactions: 6 users
I threw my hands in the air like I just didn't care except I actually really did and was quite displeased with the resulting status

I'm sorry again, that's a rough ride to take. Here's to that waitlist getting movement so you're off first!!

Reactions: 1 users

URM: Cubano/Boriqua
Mcat: 498(2015)/502(2016)
SGPA/CGPA: 3.7/3.7
EC: leader in clubs that cater to URM
200+ clinical volunteering hrs
100+ research hrs
100+ teaching/tutoring hrs
5000+ non clinical work hrs (full-time all of undergraduate career)
50+ shadowing

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know how we go about sending updates? Email? There isn't anything in the applicant portal that allows for updates...

Anyone know how we go about sending updates? Email? There isn't anything in the applicant portal that allows for updates...

You can e-mail them and they should take them. I sent them a PDF update letter via e-mail a few weeks ago and they replied back saying they added it to my file. It did take them a while to reply back though.

congrats everyone that got in!

Reactions: 1 users
Welp, I graduated from my masters program last week with a 3.9 (+1) but I still have to play the waiting game with FSU (-1) and quell my increasing anxiety with cookies n cream bars....
84.gif