2016-2017 George Washington University Application Thread

Started by WedgeDawg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2nd week of Sept.... I know I'm a dunce for being so late haha, I wasn't planning to apply here initially bc I thought my stats were too low so it was my last secondary

well congrats on the II either way, I hope you get in, what was your Lizzy M?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just wish they would get back to us faster, I keep thinking I interviewed forever ago but really it was only like 6 weeks. Hoping for some news soon either way so I can move on with life haha

Same! I'm on week 9ish and feeling soo anxious, just wanna know either way!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not sure if this has already been said but GW LOVES communication with admissions.

My status changed from "on hold for re-review" to "under review". The day after, I emailed admissions about wanting more information about the school because I was really interested. They offered me an interview the day after that.

Complete- mid August
Interview- second week of November

Stats- low MCAT, non-trad, OOS, 3.7 in special master's program.

This school is awesome and really cares about student wellness. Absolutely send them updates!
 
Last edited:
I'm not sure if this has already been said but GW LOVES communication with admissions.

My status changed from "on hold for re-review" to "under review". The day after, I emailed admissions about wanting more information about the school because I was really interested. They offered me an interview the day after that.

Complete- mid August
Interview- second week of November

Stats- low MCAT, non-trad, OOS, 3.7 in special master's program.

This school is awesome and really cares about student wellness. Absolutely send them updates!

Congrats and Good Luck! 🙂
 
What's the consensus on sending updates/letters of interest/letters of intent post-interview but pre-decision? I think it makes more sense to send one after I hear back but I'm also hoping to ward off the wait list, if possible.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well if its of any use to you I wrote them a while back and still haven't heard back. The whole med school process is long.
 
how long does it admissions to write back to you when you send admissions an email?

Well if its of any use to you I wrote them a while back and still haven't heard back. The whole med school process is long.

weird. I wrote them a letter of interest last week through the portal and received an email confirmation for it saying it was added to my file the day after..
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is just my 2 cents. I would think that perhaps holding back on sending a barrage of updates would be a good tactic. One solid, well written update that delineates how your recent accomplishments make you a better fit for an institution is likely favored over multiple small updates. Also, keep your heads up guys. Due to the cost and lack of financial aid available here, I am sure many people will begin looking elsewhere if they have that opportunity once fin aid packages start rolling in! I don't think past SDN threads accurately portray the level of movement there is off of waitlists due to the sample size, and number of people that choose not to post.
 
Waitlisted. I have never been so heartbroken in my life.

Same 🙁 Interviewed end of Sept and got the waitlist notice at the end of last week. So crushed, got positive feedback from my interviews and really thought I was a good fit for the school. Really hope the waitlist is kind to us in the spring..