2016-2017 George Washington University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected

Members don't see this ad.

Joining the rejected pile. I did not like the vibe I got from the webinar and my question was not even answered during that time, so I did not send in the updates.

Best of luck to those still interested and hoping for interviews!

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol this school gets the most savage award. They handing out rejections like free popsicle sticks

Reactions: 3 users
Rejected as well. :dead: Clearly today was a mass-rejection day!
Good luck to everyone still under consideration!

I thought it was as soon as they accept you they can see your other acceptances
I confused the dates, looks like they can know in February.
Can schools see the names of or number of other schools that I applied to?
No. Schools will never know which other schools or how many other schools you applied to through AMCAS. In the February of each application cycle, schools will have access to the Multiple Acceptance Report, which will show them which of their accepted applicants are holding acceptances from other schools.

For example, let's say you applied to schools A, B, X, and Y. You were accepted by A and B. When the Multiple Acceptance Report becomes available, schools A and B will both see that you have been offered acceptance at the other school. You were rejected by school X, so they won't see any information about where you were accepted. No action has been taken by school Y, so they won't see any information about where you were accepted. If school Y accepts you a week later, school Y will then see that you are holding offers from A and B, and A and B will know that you now have an offer from Y as well.

In April of the application year, medical schools will have access to the National Acceptance Report, which lists every applicant with an acceptance or matriculated action.
https://students-residents.aamc.org/applying-medical-school/faq/amcas-faq/

Reactions: 1 user
Lol this school gets the most savage award. They handing out rejections like free popsicle sticks

Not as savage as what Tufts did on Tuesday :yeahright::yeahright::yeahright:. My heart can't take much more of these end of the day rejections :(

Reactions: 12 users
Not as savage as what Tufts did on Tuesday :yeahright::yeahright::yeahright:. My heart can't take much more of these end of the day rejections :(
That really was brutal, I've still got the scars!

Reactions: 1 users
To those who were rejected, were yall placed on hold?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody have to wait more than 8 weeks post-interview for a decision?

Hey all, long time lurker, first time poster

For the sake of adding to data points, received II last week
Canadian, LM 69, On-hold since August.
So excited!

What's the best way to practice for GW Interview? What types of questions do they usually ask? Thanks fam

What's the best way to practice for GW Interview? What types of questions do they usually ask? Thanks fam
Pretty similar to other interviews honestly. Why GW, why medicine, tell me about yourself, etc. At least for me, there were no unexpected questions just very standard ones. I did notice that they cared a lot about your Why GW answer so work on a convincing answer for that one- though shouldn't be hard, it's an amazing school! Good luck :)

Hmm. I do a lot of work with the underserved as well. Not sure what my LizzyM is. 4.0 and 511. Wonder what's up.
There are more qualified applications than they can take.... it's very unpredictable process. It's also a process that is ongoing. You can still get an II until you get a rejection.

Which hotel(s) do people usually choose to (and recommend to) stay in for the night of interview? I have chosen not to stay with a student host for personal reasons.

Which hotel(s) do people usually choose to (and recommend to) stay in for the night of interview? I have chosen not to stay with a student host for personal reasons.
I'm staying at the One Washington Circle Hotel. It's a 5 min walk from the interview site and they gave me a GW discount....I'll let you know how it was after my interview :)
EDIT: The blue line also goes here directly from the airport

Last edited:
II today. Complete in August and on hold for 4 months. Date in early February.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 7 users
I found an airbnb right next to GW for a decent price!

Has anybody who interviewed on 11/29 heard anything? I know it is pretty soon, but I'm getting nervous over here!

Has anybody who interviewed on 11/29 heard anything? I know it is pretty soon, but I'm getting nervous over here!
When I interviewed they said they weren't going to even give a timeline for hearing things. My portal said "takes up to 8 weeks" but then updated to a new message that doesn't even have a timeline.

I haven't heard back and I interviewed last week of October :/

I haven't heard back and I interviewed last week of October :/
Interviewed October 28th and haven the heard but I'm not surprised. They just sent out decisions for people who interviewed 10/14 so we've got some time

If I've been on hold since July and haven't been rejected, what are my chances at an interview here?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 8 users
II today! complete sometime in august

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone commute from New York to here ?? Would like some advice

Anyone commute from New York to here ?? Would like some advice
I took the train down to DC from Penn station, its not a bad ride actually. Once you get to Union Station down there you can take the subway ("Metro) to the school directly. Subway tickets are weird in DC though!

I took the train down to DC from Penn station, its not a bad ride actually. Once you get to Union Station down there you can take the subway ("Metro) to the school directly. Subway tickets are weird in DC though!
Would it not be easier and cheaper to catch a greyhound or megabus instead?

Would it not be easier and cheaper to catch a greyhound or megabus instead?
In my experience, the buses are pretty awful. Worth it to shell out the extra $$$ for a train or flight.