-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 George Washington University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Are these rejection emails slowly rolling out or are they mostly at the same time?
Joining the rejected pile. I did not like the vibe I got from the webinar and my question was not even answered during that time, so I did not send in the updates.
Best of luck to those still interested and hoping for interviews!
Best of luck to those still interested and hoping for interviews!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I confused the dates, looks like they can know in February.I thought it was as soon as they accept you they can see your other acceptances
Can schools see the names of or number of other schools that I applied to?
https://students-residents.aamc.org/applying-medical-school/faq/amcas-faq/No. Schools will never know which other schools or how many other schools you applied to through AMCAS. In the February of each application cycle, schools will have access to the Multiple Acceptance Report, which will show them which of their accepted applicants are holding acceptances from other schools.
For example, let's say you applied to schools A, B, X, and Y. You were accepted by A and B. When the Multiple Acceptance Report becomes available, schools A and B will both see that you have been offered acceptance at the other school. You were rejected by school X, so they won't see any information about where you were accepted. No action has been taken by school Y, so they won't see any information about where you were accepted. If school Y accepts you a week later, school Y will then see that you are holding offers from A and B, and A and B will know that you now have an offer from Y as well.
In April of the application year, medical schools will have access to the National Acceptance Report, which lists every applicant with an acceptance or matriculated action.
Lol this school gets the most savage award. They handing out rejections like free popsicle sticks
Not as savage as what Tufts did on Tuesday
That really was brutal, I've still got the scars!Not as savage as what Tufts did on Tuesday. My heart can't take much more of these end of the day rejections 🙁
What were some of the stats of other rejected people?
yupTo those who were rejected, were yall placed on hold?
LizzyM 67. Non- trad. High GPA low MCATWhat were some of the stats of other rejected people?
What did Tufts do?Not as savage as what Tufts did on Tuesday. My heart can't take much more of these end of the day rejections 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What did Tufts do?
MASSIVE 5pm rejection. It almost seemed like the entirety of SDN got rejected
Anybody have to wait more than 8 weeks post-interview for a decision?
It was about 9 weeks for me, interviewed in late Sept.
lmao I just checked the tufts thread.MASSIVE 5pm rejection. It almost seemed like the entirety of SDN got rejected
Wow just read as well! It looked brutal!! Glad I didn't apply there!MASSIVE 5pm rejection. It almost seemed like the entirety of SDN got rejected
Hey all, long time lurker, first time poster
For the sake of adding to data points, received II last week
Canadian, LM 69, On-hold since August.
So excited!
For the sake of adding to data points, received II last week
Canadian, LM 69, On-hold since August.
So excited!
Hey all, long time lurker, first time poster
For the sake of adding to data points, received II last week
Canadian, LM 69, On-hold since August.
So excited!
did you update them
Nope I didn't.did you update them
What's the best way to practice for GW Interview? What types of questions do they usually ask? Thanks fam
Pretty similar to other interviews honestly. Why GW, why medicine, tell me about yourself, etc. At least for me, there were no unexpected questions just very standard ones. I did notice that they cared a lot about your Why GW answer so work on a convincing answer for that one- though shouldn't be hard, it's an amazing school! Good luck 🙂What's the best way to practice for GW Interview? What types of questions do they usually ask? Thanks fam
Anyone that submitted in Sept get an II yet?
Anyone that submitted in Sept get an II yet?
I submitted 10/30 and received one. I do a lot of work with underserved populations and have a LizzyM of 70.3.
Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
I submitted 10/30 and received one. I do a lot of work with underserved populations and have a lizzyM of 70.3.
Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
Hmm. I do a lot of work with the underserved as well. Not sure what my LizzyM is. 4.0 and 511. Wonder what's up.
There are more qualified applications than they can take.... it's very unpredictable process. It's also a process that is ongoing. You can still get an II until you get a rejection.Hmm. I do a lot of work with the underserved as well. Not sure what my lizzyM is. 4.0 and 511. Wonder what's up.
There are more qualified applications than they can take.... it's very unpredictable process. It's also a process that is ongoing. You can still get an II until you get a rejection.
Haha I understand that.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm staying at the One Washington Circle Hotel. It's a 5 min walk from the interview site and they gave me a GW discount....I'll let you know how it was after my interview 🙂Which hotel(s) do people usually choose to (and recommend to) stay in for the night of interview? I have chosen not to stay with a student host for personal reasons.
EDIT: The blue line also goes here directly from the airport
Last edited:
II today. Complete in August and on hold for 4 months. Date in early February.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I found an airbnb right next to GW for a decent price!Which hotel(s) do people usually choose to (and recommend to) stay in for the night of interview? I have chosen not to stay with a student host for personal reasons.
II today. Complete in August and on hold for 4 months. Date in early February.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What were your stats? Completed September, been on hold since.
D
deleted817122
Has anybody who interviewed on 11/29 heard anything? I know it is pretty soon, but I'm getting nervous over here!
When I interviewed they said they weren't going to even give a timeline for hearing things. My portal said "takes up to 8 weeks" but then updated to a new message that doesn't even have a timeline.Has anybody who interviewed on 11/29 heard anything? I know it is pretty soon, but I'm getting nervous over here!
.
Last edited:
Interviewed October 28th and haven the heard but I'm not surprised. They just sent out decisions for people who interviewed 10/14 so we've got some timeI haven't heard back and I interviewed last week of October :/
If I've been on hold since July and haven't been rejected, what are my chances at an interview here?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Accepted!!!! 🙂 Interviewed 10/20
Anyone commute from New York to here ?? Would like some advice
Did you send in any updates/letters of interest over those 4 months?II today. Complete in August and on hold for 4 months. Date in early February.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took the train down to DC from Penn station, its not a bad ride actually. Once you get to Union Station down there you can take the subway ("Metro) to the school directly. Subway tickets are weird in DC though!Anyone commute from New York to here ?? Would like some advice
Would it not be easier and cheaper to catch a greyhound or megabus instead?I took the train down to DC from Penn station, its not a bad ride actually. Once you get to Union Station down there you can take the subway ("Metro) to the school directly. Subway tickets are weird in DC though!
hey! yeah just take DC2NY bus or Bolt Bus or any of the buses and then you can take the metro to foggy bottom.Anyone commute from New York to here ?? Would like some advice
In my experience, the buses are pretty awful. Worth it to shell out the extra $$$ for a train or flight.Would it not be easier and cheaper to catch a greyhound or megabus instead?
okay I pLan on a train to and the bus back