2016-2017 Indiana University Application Thread

Started by WedgeDawg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations on your acceptance!

What time does the interview end? In the email the final encounter seems to be the information session at 12PM. Is there anything else after that and when does it end? Google Maps says that the Indianapolis campus is 20 mins from the Indianapolis Intl airport. Do you know how bad the traffic is on that route? Thanks!
I didn't interview at the Indy campus so I'm not sure if I can be of much help here.. But in terms of traffic, as long as you get out before rush hour the traffic is really never too bad on the way to the airport so I'd say 20 minutes is pretty accurate.
 
Congrats! How long was your portal under consideration ? I thought letters were only sent out on the 15th of each month...
Thanks! My portal changed to under consideration on 9/29 and I think that's correct that they send letters out around the 15th. My letter was postmarked the 18th probably since the 15th was a Saturday
 
Question for those accepted: Were you able to select campuses right off the bat or do you have to wait a few days for your credentials to be approved?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an email about ranking campus preference, so I checked the portal to see "Accepted"!
LizzyM ~76, IS, interviewed 9/14
Me too! I live in CA and I got the campus preference email so I decided to check this morning and my portal changed to Accepted! I had just checked last night and I was "under consideration" and now this morning Accepted! Still waiting for the snail mail though 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This may be a dumb question but what are we supposed to do for the "admission decision letter" we are supposed to send them?
 
A question for people are aware of the IUSM system: Since there are so many IUSM campuses, do you select a campus and stay with it for the entire four years? Can you move between campuses? What do people consider before selecting any campus? Is there something special about each campus? Can you do rotations at any of the affiliated hospitals in any part of Indiana during clerkship year? Thank you!
 
A question for people are aware of the IUSM system: Since there are so many IUSM campuses, do you select a campus and stay with it for the entire four years? Can you move between campuses? What do people consider before selecting any campus? Is there something special about each campus? Can you do rotations at any of the affiliated hospitals in any part of Indiana during clerkship year? Thank you!

When you select your campus and are assigned one you MUST stay at that campus for the first 2 years. Before the start of 3rd year you can choose a different campus to do your rotations. Most people will come back to the Indy campus for the remaining 2 years. You can choose to stay at your originally assigned campus if you want though.
 
Oh did they send a form with the acceptance letter? If so, my parents already misplaced it lol.

There was a form that came with the acceptance letter. I actually had a question about this as well haha. When they said to let them know within 14 business days of our decision, did they just mean the form? Did we have to email admissions about anything? I just wanted to be sure.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There was a form that came with the acceptance letter. I actually had a question about this as well haha. When they said to let them know within 14 business days of our decision, did they just mean the form? Did we have to email admissions about anything? I just wanted to be sure.

You'll just want to mail the form and submit your campus preferences in the applicant portal.
 
II today! Complete 8/4, applied MSTP but was rejected on 9/27. Still happy to be considered for MD though!

On another note, does anyone know if the school is responsive to "in the area" requests? I'm interviewing at nearby schools in both December and January, and it would be nice to combine two interviews into one trip, especially since I live pretty far away.
 
OOS, LizzyM ~81, received "has received your AMCAS application" email on 8/11. No word yet. Have they already starting giving out IIs/rejections to OOS from August?
 
Been complete since 8/11. Still waiting for an II. I was sent something about applying for their rural track in Terre Haute. Anyone else get this?
 
Been complete since 8/11. Still waiting for an II. I was sent something about applying for their rural track in Terre Haute. Anyone else get this?

I'm pretty sure that they only send those out to people they intend to interview, but I may be wrong. Having received the rural program email, I think you should be in good shape.
 
the subject line on that e-mail was "application status notification." despite the fact that there was a bold statement that said it wasn't indicative of any action by the office of admissions, I'm convinced that is a hint that we should start considering our campus rankings because we're accepted (<- the things i tell myself to remain calm lol). was this sent to only people who have previously interviewed or did everyone get it?
 
the subject line on that e-mail was "application status notification." despite the fact that there was a bold statement that said it wasn't indicative of any action by the office of admissions, I'm convinced that is a hint that we should start considering our campus rankings because we're accepted (<- the things i tell myself to remain calm lol). was this sent to only people who have previously interviewed or did everyone get it?
I received it and I haven't interviewed yet (interview in ~2 weeks).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know how long it takes to get a green check mark beside personal,science, and non-science evals on the portal once you received an II? Or do we need to something else to send evals?