You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Indiana University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I have not yet. Anyone else?Has anyone heard from IU today? 10/15
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
nope, no email / portal change. but if i remember correctly they said they send their snail mail on 15th so...
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Ahh the wait! I do notice it takes a little bit to change their portalnope, no email / portal change. but if i remember correctly they said they send their snail mail on 15th so...
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Hi guys, I interviewed at Gary yesterday and instead of telling you guys something that someone else has already said I will let you in on some info nobody's talked about yet. Not to scare you guys or anything, just trying to let you in on the reality of the situation; during the initial presentation about the school, the presenter, who happens to be on the adcom, said that they've already accepted 50 applicants. They plan on accepting around 500 or so.
No need to be scared at all! Those 50 applicants are early decision acceptances-- that many seats (I think last year it was 72) are filled by this point every year.
Look into the Gary campus.Does anyone know which campus is best if I want to spend a lot of time working in outreach clinics? Preferably urban... I'm OOS and just got my II so I'm trying to get a feel for the area.
Does anyone know if acceptances are going to be sent through email today or just through the mail?
I have heard it's snail mail.Does anyone know if acceptances are going to be sent through email today or just through the mail?
Does anyone know if acceptances are going to be sent through email today or just through the mail?
I received mine through snail mail
Today? Oct 17I received mine through snail mail
D
deleted682597
My status changed from "processed" to "under consideration" sometime this afternoon. Did that happen to anyone else?
Also I interviewed on Oct 5th.
Also I interviewed on Oct 5th.
Last edited by a moderator:
My status changed from "processed" to "under consideration" sometime this afternoon. Did that happen to anyone else?
Also I interviewed on Oct 5th.
I believe that happens when they have verified and uploaded all your documents to the portal and your app is "complete"
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received mine through snail mail
Apologies - I missed the "today" portion of your comment. I received my acceptance a few weeks ago, but wanted to confirm that you'll most likely be notified via snail mail.
When did you get the email that they received your primary?Just got rejected pre-II. OOS. Good luck to those still in the running!
I feel like it should be coming soonI just ran home to check the mail and no news for me today! I live about 40 mins outside of Indianapolis.
My understanding is that they meet the 15th of every month and send out acceptances and whatnot on that day.If we interviewed on the 5th, and our portal changed to Under Consideration just a couple days later, is there a chance we might hear back this month? Does anyone know when exactly they meet each month?
First week of August.When did you get the email that they received your primary?
Ahh I'm got the email on 8/8 so I guess I'll be evaluated pretty soon.First week of August.
Probably! Best of luck to you! 🙂Ahh I'm got the email on 8/8 so I guess I'll be evaluated pretty soon.
Hi, I'm an MS1 at the indianapolis campus. As far as I know, only Indianapolis and South Bend have student outreach clinics where you can volunteer as an MS1. You won't be able to spend "a lot" of time there because there's a limited number of spots which has great interest. Expect the max to be 1 time per month. You won't have much time from studying anyway ;-)Does anyone know which campus is best if I want to spend a lot of time working in outreach clinics? Preferably urban... I'm OOS and just got my II so I'm trying to get a feel for the area.
Hi, I'm an MS1 at the indianapolis campus. As far as I know, only Indianapolis and South Bend have student outreach clinics where you can volunteer as an MS1. You won't be able to spend "a lot" of time there because there's a limited number of spots which has great interest. Expect the max to be 1 time per month. You won't have much time from studying anyway ;-)
Thanks!
D
deleted706240
Interviewed a week ago and my portal status is changed to Under consideration. hoping to hear some good news next month
Just for any one who wants to know: Complete email 7/14 (but LOR in at 7/25). II 9/16. II scheduled date received 10/19. II mid November.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nothing in the mail for me today... the waiting is KILLING ME
Had a feeling this was coming. Rejected Pre-II OOS lizzy M ~70. Got the email that they received my primary on 8/8.
Same post...Had a feeling this was coming. Rejected Pre-II OOS lizzy M ~70. Got the email that they received my primary on 8/8.
You live in Indy?ACCEPTED!!! Interviewed 9/7. Letter was postmarked 10/18
About 40 minutes northYou live in Indy?
Edit: I'm an idiot lol just saw it, was asking about when you interviewed. Time to continue waiting hahahAbout 40 minutes north
What does your portal status say?About 40 minutes north
It still says under considerationWhat does your portal status say?
THERE'S HOPE.It still says under consideration
About 40 minutes north
Did you have a different permanent residence address/preferred address by any chance?
NopeDid you have a different permanent residence address/preferred address by any chance?
Congratulations on your acceptance!ACCEPTED!!! Interviewed 9/7. Letter was postmarked 10/18
What time does the interview end? In the email the final encounter seems to be the information session at 12PM. Is there anything else after that and when does it end? Google Maps says that the Indianapolis campus is 20 mins from the Indianapolis Intl airport. Do you know how bad the traffic is on that route? Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! How long was your portal under consideration ? I thought letters were only sent out on the 15th of each month...ACCEPTED!!! Interviewed 9/7. Letter was postmarked 10/18
Congratulations!!Just got an email about ranking campus preference, so I checked the portal to see "Accepted"!
LizzyM ~76, IS, interviewed 9/14
ACCEPTED! Did not go back home to check for a letter. but my status changed and I was sent an email about campus ranking. So excited!! Interviewd 9/7
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K