2016-2017 Loyola University Chicago (Stritch) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone send an "in the area" email? Get a poz or neg response to it?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi there!! I remembered you posted on UNLV's thread. My friend said they're not responsive to it at all - he came here for a Rush and Rosy Franklin interivew. Most schools are negative towards it.

Hi! Thanks for your feedback.

Members don't see this ad :)
FYI y'all - they opened more dates online! Or at least I had more options after I called admissions about it. Hope everyone who just got an II can get scheduled!

Reactions: 1 users
FYI y'all - they opened more dates online! Or at least I had more options after I called admissions about it. Hope everyone who just got an II can get scheduled!

Praying for an II...I've heard such amazing things about this school!! Thanks for the great news:)

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted applicant here! Any current students able to give their insight into the prosection anatomy lab? I've been hearing pros and cons for dissection v. prosection but I would love to hear from the students. Thanks!

PS. Good luck to everyone currently interviewing and anxiously waiting :)

Any chance you could tell us what dates are available? I'm hoping for an II as well, and I'm just wondering how late they're planning on interviewing. This is the only school I haven't heard from yet and I'm hoping I still have a shot.

Any chance you could tell us what dates are available? I'm hoping for an II as well, and I'm just wondering how late they're planning on interviewing. This is the only school I haven't heard from yet and I'm hoping I still have a shot.
The additional dates were 14, 16, and 21 of February.

Is Loyola still interviewing?

Yes, a lot of people received interview invites on Friday and they have interview dates through the end of Feb.

See the posts above for some more deets.

Just checked portal- it says my application is undergoing review. Did anyone who received an II bave this same phrase? Is there anyone's who days this and has not received an II yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just checked portal- it says my application is undergoing review. Did anyone who received an II bave this same phrase? Is there anyone's who days this and has not received an II yet?[/QUOTE
yup still waiting and praying

Just checked portal- it says my application is undergoing review. Did anyone who received an II bave this same phrase? Is there anyone's who days this and has not received an II yet?

I have this message too and have not yet received an II. I'm hoping it means we're in a pile of people they want to interview but are just waiting for the spots to open up D:

I have this message too and have not yet received an II. I'm hoping it means we're in a pile of people they want to interview but are just waiting for the spots to open up D:
same here... hoping thats what it means

Mine says the same thing, but I don't remember if this is what was always said on there.

My portal has said my application has been undergoing review since August, it's the standard placeholder for your status before an II. If I remember correctly I heard that Loyola doesn't really reject anyone pre-II until the end of the cycle, so we're just along for the ride for the moment.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted applicant here! Any current students able to give their insight into the prosection anatomy lab? I've been hearing pros and cons for dissection v. prosection but I would love to hear from the students. Thanks!

PS. Good luck to everyone currently interviewing and anxiously waiting :)
Sorry if this is a late response to your Q, but I just stumbled upon this interview with Dr. Anthony Youn, author of In Stitches (https://www.studentdoctor.net/2011/11/20-questions-anthony-s-youn-md-facs/) and thought it was relevant:

What did you like and dislike about using a prosected cadaver?
My medical school, Michigan State, utilized prosected cadavers. Most other medical schools assign a specific cadaver to a small group of students, who usually give the cadaver a name (such as Joe, Sally, or Chachi) and proceed to dissect the cadaver over the course of a semester or two. We had our cadavers dissected for us, with little green cards with arrows pointing to the body structures. It saved me a heck of a lot of time otherwise spent trying to dissect the lingual nerve from the inferior alveolar nerve. Instead, I used this freed-up time to study, exercise, catch a nap, and even try to find a date.

The negative is that we often lost a little of the three-dimensional appreciation for the body. The body is composed of many layers, which a student who dissects their own cadaver may appreciate better than one who learns from prosected cadavers.​

Hope this helps in giving you a little bit more insight on prosected/non-prosected cadavers!

Hey all - current student here. If you have an interview at Loyola, I can host you for $60 for the night and take you to your interview the following day (live ~10 min away from the campus). You'd have your own bathroom and bedroom and have access to picking a med students brain about the school. Feel free to PM me if interested or have any questions about the school. I love Loyola and am very happy I chose to come here.

Hey ya'll! Stritch offers a student host program that is free of charge for interviewees. All you have to do to take advantage of it is email the admissions office at [email protected] and they’ll help you out. Good luck!

Hi everyone, long time lurker here. My status was changed from "your file is currently undergoing a review by the admission committee" then to the your file has been initially reviewed and please feel free to update status. I submitted an update letter like 1.5 weeks ago and now I just checked and it switch back to "your file is currently undergoing a review by the admission committee". Hoping I may get a late interview invite!! Anyone else have this kind of status change recently?

would anyone happen to know when the white coat ceremony date would be? some friends are making their summer travel plans and would like to know so they can attend!

would anyone happen to know when the white coat ceremony date would be? some friends are making their summer travel plans and would like to know so they can attend!

Family weekend (White coat ceremony) is typically about 2-3 weeks after classes begin, usually around August 20th or so. I believe the admissions office can give you an exact date.

Do you think there are anymore going out? If not, when would you hear that you aren't getting an II?

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone received II this week??
Do you think they are still sending out invites?

Anyone here for tomorrow's interview want to hang today or tomorrow or Friday? Message me

Has any one noticed this:

"For further status check information you may contact the Office of Admissions on Thursdays between 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. (CST) at 708-216-3229"

on the bottom of their portal and actually called?

Asking for a friend

Has any one noticed this:

"For further status check information you may contact the Office of Admissions on Thursdays between 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. (CST) at 708-216-3229"

on the bottom of their portal and actually called?

Asking for a friend

I've called in response to this prompt and they just reiterated what's on the portal.

II today! Admissions was incredibly accommodating in response to my ITA request. Really appreciate the opportunity to check out this school!

Reactions: 7 users
II today! Admissions was incredibly accommodating in response to my ITA request. Really appreciate the opportunity to check out this school!

Ahh that's amazing! When is your interview? Congrats and good luck!

When is the last scheduled interview date

Website indicates the end of February.

Is it sad that I search flights to Chicago on a daily basis in case an II comes my way?

Reactions: 7 users
Website indicates the end of February.

Is it sad that I search flights to Chicago on a daily basis in case an II comes my way?
no I'm hoping and checking everyday too

Acceptance! Interviewed 1/19. Minutes before my interview I saw under the interviewer's hobbies online "Blackhawks fan". Pretty glad I worked that into our conversation :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Acceptance! Interviewed 1/19. Minutes before my interview I saw under the interviewer's hobbies online "Blackhawks fan". Pretty glad I worked that into our conversation :)
it was meant to be:)