You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Mercer University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
How did you get rejected? email or call? Sorry to hear that.Just got rejected post-interview. Interviewed on 9/22. LizzyM ~ 70
Knew Mercer and I weren't the perfect fit so it's probably best! Good luck to everyone else!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
How did you get rejected? email or call? Sorry to hear that.
Email.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did the committee meet yesterday? Does anyone else get email or call?
Nothing for me
No word yet either
Anyone receive an email or phone call?
I haven't heard anything, but since the adcom meeting was supposedly on the 14th, I think we got rolled over to the next meeting. Good Luck!Anyone receive an email or phone call?
This is so odd.. I thought everyone who has interviewed would receive an email saying if they were rolled over to the next meeting?I haven't heard anything, but since the adcom meeting was supposedly on the 14th, I think we got rolled over to the next meeting. Good Luck!
M
MD2B_2016
Been complete since 8/12... should i assume it's a silent rejection?
Directly from the school's admission website...
"Regular Pool (RP) Applicants: If you are chosen for an interview by the Admissions Committee as a Regular Pool Applicant, you will be notified by e-mail by 5:00 PM ET January 20, 2017. If you submitted a Complete Secondary Application and you do not receive an interview invitation by this date and time, please assume that the Admissions Committee is unable to offer you a spot in the class entering 2017."
Did you make sure to verify you are a GA resident? You have to mail them a form. You should receive a second email when they have processed the form marking your application "complete".
II! First one whoohoo!
Complete 8/16
Mercer says the applicant's BCPM GPA must be greater than a 93 to get a secondary invite, so I'm assuming on a 4.0 scale, greater than 93 will be x>3.7? I know my question's random, but please reply 🙂
Hi 🙂 I ended up getting rejected from Mercer post-interview but I can answer your question!Mercer says the applicant's BCPM GPA must be greater than a 93 to get a secondary invite, so I'm assuming on a 4.0 scale, greater than 93 will be x>3.7? I know my question's random, but please reply 🙂
On their website it has the following criteria that must met to receive a secondary application:
1. Has taken the MCAT at least once on or after April 1, 2015.
2. Average MCAT Percentile Rank of at least 27
3. Average MCAT Percentile Rank × Cumulative Undergraduate BCPM-GPA is > 93
So, if you notice they have no specific cutoff for GPA! They do, however, have a strict cutoff for your MCAT score - 27th percentile (492). Putting this together, if you get a 492 on the MCAT (lowest possible to get the Mercer secondary) then at the very least you would need a 3.45 BCOM GPA (4.0 scale). Conversely, if you score average for all test takers on the MCAT (499) then at the very least you would need a 1.9, hypothetically... (would not be wise to apply with this GPA)
I actually think you just got the formula mixed up. Mercer has no strict cut offs for GPA so if in fact your GPA is a 3.7 you are absolutely fine. That's a great GPA. Good work 😉
Directly from the school's admission website...
"Regular Pool (RP) Applicants: If you are chosen for an interview by the Admissions Committee as a Regular Pool Applicant, you will be notified by e-mail by 5:00 PM ET January 20, 2017. If you submitted a Complete Secondary Application and you do not receive an interview invitation by this date and time, please assume that the Admissions Committee is unable to offer you a spot in the class entering 2017."
Did you make sure to verify you are a GA resident? You have to mail them a form. You should receive a second email when they have processed the form marking your application "complete".
Yeah, I sent it in, and even called one day to make sure it's all complete. Hopefully I hear some good news :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi 🙂 I ended up getting rejected from Mercer post-interview but I can answer your question!
On their website it has the following criteria that must met to receive a secondary application:
1. Has taken the MCAT at least once on or after April 1, 2015.
2. Average MCAT Percentile Rank of at least 27
3. Average MCAT Percentile Rank × Cumulative Undergraduate BCPM-GPA is > 93
So, if you notice they have no specific cutoff for GPA! They do, however, have a strict cutoff for your MCAT score - 27th percentile (492). Putting this together, if you get a 492 on the MCAT (lowest possible to get the Mercer secondary) then at the very least you would need a 3.45 BCOM GPA (4.0 scale). Conversely, if you score average for all test takers on the MCAT (499) then at the very least you would need a 1.9, hypothetically... (would not be wise to apply with this GPA)
I actually think you just got the formula mixed up. Mercer has no strict cut offs for GPA so if in fact your GPA is a 3.7 you are absolutely fine. That's a great GPA. Good work 😉
Thank you, you're amazing! ☺️☺️ I was thinking Mercer meant the applicant's BCPM GPA must be >93- didn't quite comprehend the multiplication sign in the equation ! Thanks again for your help!!! Good luck in med school, I'm sure you'll succeed at whichever med school you attend!

M
MD2B_2016
Yeah, I sent it in, and even called one day to make sure it's all complete. Hopefully I hear some good news :/
Ok, just wanted to check! I almost missed that extra step, and for a full week I thought I was complete until I reread my email.
I hope you hear back soon! Fingers crossed for you!!
anyone hear anything today?
anyone hear anything today?
Nothing. Fingers crossed for tomorrow morning.
Nothing here. Hopefully tomorrow.anyone hear anything today?
same, I haven't heard anything at all 🙁🙁🙁
Nothing here either.
Bummer, was hoping to wake up from my nap to news.
Echoed. At least I had a good nap tho.
🙁we will probably wait until 3/15 when they wrap up all interviews and release mass acceptances.
So no one has heard anything in two months now?
So no one has heard anything in two months now?
I am not aware of anyone being contacted. I have yet to hear anything either way, and I was supposed to here something by today at the latest. Does anyone know if you get an email if you are neither accepted nor deferred?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was there a special reason this was the last day you were supposed to hear something? Considering there are still February and March meetings?I am not aware of anyone being contacted. I have yet to hear anything either way, and I was supposed to here something by today at the latest. Does anyone know if you get an email if you are neither accepted nor deferred?
I'm going to give them a call tomorrow.
We're all dying. Please let us know if you hear anything interesting.I'm going to give them a call tomorrow.
Will do.We're all dying. Please let us know if you hear anything interesting.
I interviewed today. Next round of acceptances released Feb 15.
Are they giving out any more II's? Is tomorrow the last day to hear for II's?I interviewed today. Next round of acceptances released Feb 15.
Did they happen to mention if they sent out any acceptances this month? Seemed like not much was said for the supposed December acceptances either. I'm just curious.I interviewed today. Next round of acceptances released Feb 15.
This is odd. Either people have been accepted recently but not posting or Mercer hasn't accepted any/many students the past 2 months.
Perhaps it is coincidental that noone has posted.... but just by the sheer amount of people who keep up with studentdoc, you would imagine someone would have said something.
Update: No one answered the phone so I left a message for the admission specialist (Sabina at the Savannah campus). Will update if they contact me. Might go ahead and send an email as well.
Update: No one answered the phone so I left a message for the admission specialist (Sabina at the Savannah campus). Will update if they contact me. Might go ahead and send an email as well.
I called the admissions specialist at the Macon campus (Brittini) and no one answered the phone for me either. I did not leave a message, however.
UPDATE: Sabina just responded via email. She said that the committee did indeed meet Wednesday and that if you weren't contacted, then you have been rolled over to the next meeting which will be February 15th. That is actually my birthday so fingers crossed lol.
Had a friend who interviewed in Dec that was accepted Wed night so they did accept at least one person this month.UPDATE: Sabina just responded via email. She said that the committee did indeed meet Wednesday and that if you weren't contacted, then you have been rolled over to the next meeting which will be February 15th. That is actually my birthday so fingers crossed lol.
Well...If the anxiety hasn't hit you yet, it is time for it to consume your life.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well...If the anxiety hasn't hit you yet, it is time for it to consume your life.
My anxiety is at an all time high
So, if we do not hear back this Wednesday (Feb. 15) should we assume rejection or waitlist coming? Are they still accepting in March?
It's hard to say because this thread is always very inactive. I would assume waitlist at that point though, and prepare an update to send in. (and send it closer to March 15th than April 30th.)
It's hard to say because this thread is always very inactive. I would assume waitlist at that point though, and prepare an update to send in. (and send it closer to March 15th than April 30th.)
I sent an update in November. It is my understanding, that it will not help me unless I am waitlisted. I interviewed in September and already had the permanent rank number assigned to my file at the October committee meeting.
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K